Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Nismo 370Z TT Vs Modded CTS-V

Sorry I don't have a video but I ran a modded cts-v tonite. I'm not sure exactly what mods he has but it is a stock blower. LM may know him as some of you guys might also. He makes intercoolers for the 335I and his cts-v is flat black. We did a 50 punch and I managed to pull 3 cars easily on him. He had a passenger but it wouldn't have mattered. I was expecting a little more out of the V but it was a good run all in all. The owner was def a cool guy and that flat black looks nice as hell in person I think its black but it kind of looked grey also. I'm def proud of my car. I also ran my cousin friends modded shelby gt500. It made 580whp and 570trq and I was able to hang with him and on 1 pull I had it by half a car.
    09 Nismo 370Z TWIN TURBO 12PSI 527whp 400trq 11.75 @ 127mph Sold....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Nice run dude! video next time please Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Nice run!
    I sent you a text about meeting up tonite....
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

prob only a pulley and cai if you did that...a fully bolted on CTS-v puts down north of 630whp and 600wtq

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I met that guy yesterday. sorry but your story doesnt add up if his is true. he has done 11.40's @122 on stock boost (9psi IIRC?) and just raised bost to 13/14psi. CAI. exhaust, and meth and i think thats about it. He had mentioned going to NY lastnight.

3 cars on a 500hp121mph trapping m6, but 3 cars on a 600hp 125+ trapping ctsv?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    I met that guy yesterday. sorry but your story doesnt add up if his is true. he has done 11.40's @122 on stock boost (9psi IIRC?) and just raised bost to 13/14psi. CAI. exhaust, and meth and i think thats about it. He had mentioned going to NY lastnight.

3 cars on a 500hp121mph trapping m6, but 3 cars on a 600hp 125+ trapping ctsv?
    ^this....a fully bolted on CTS-V is doing 10s all day on pump too btw

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

well, ill hit him up tomorrow and ask details and for video. the passenger was supposed to be taping . i asked him if he had a gopro and he said no, and that his buddy would be taping.

(i think his name is Anthony, or Steve, i cant remember, he does the design for HElix)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

well, ill hit him up tomorrow and ask details and for video. the passenger was supposed to be taping . i asked him if he had a gopro and he said no, and that his buddy would be taping.

(i think his name is Anthony, or Steve, i cant remember, he does the design for HElix)
    ask him if he is on the cadillac forums....and what name he goes by

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

will do Sir

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

here are some stats just so you know how badass a fully bolted on CTS-V is...the FBO ones are trapping between 125mph-133mph...all of these still have the stock blower on them too...youd be toast against one with a KB on it...hint hint Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

I'm sure Andy *passenger* was taping. I was expecting to see a better run, but Jeff's story is spot on as I lined up with them during the run. I forgot the driver's name, but he is definitely a cool down to earth guy and gave props to Jeff's car.
    Last edited by Blaizon; 05-08-2011 at 10:16 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
    ^this....a fully bolted on CTS-V is doing 10s all day on pump too btw
    True,however heatsoak is a MAJOR issue w the Caddy's;especially the slightly modded ones which seem to be what the majority of CTSV owners have. I recall riding shotgun in ItalianStallions CTSV when he had just a few basic bolt ons during some back-to-back runs in Mexico against a Stg2 Kleeman C63. The first run we annihilated the C63,literally put a buslength on it. Lined up again from a roll&this time we were neck&neck w him..the 3rd run the Caddy went in limp mode&the AMG left us for dead.

This may have been the situation w Nismo???
    Always 2 sides to the story&after meeting&hanging w Jeff I really don't take him to be the embellishing type of guy that would lie about a run
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

ctsv has meth though..

so unlikely unless nismo is runnig more psi lastnight Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Is the heatsoak eliminated 100% just by running meth?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Lol I can't believe you guys think I'm lying. I never lie about my runs if he would have beat me I would ay so. No LM I can't run more boost without a ebc smh. I don't have one so get off it. = )
    09 Nismo 370Z TWIN TURBO 12PSI 527whp 400trq 11.75 @ 127mph Sold....Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Thanx Blaizon for vouching for me you already know what happened = )

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

what's a guy gotta do for a 500whp set up for Z's these days?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Its cool man, just hard to believe. But if i can get that vid then it eliminates doubt. Picture/video=1000 words kinda thing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
    True,however heatsoak is a MAJOR issue w the Caddy's;especially the slightly modded ones which seem to be what the majority of CTSV owners have. I recall riding shotgun in ItalianStallions CTSV when he had just a few basic bolt ons during some back-to-back runs in Mexico against a Stg2 Kleeman C63. The first run we annihilated the C63,literally put a buslength on it. Lined up again from a roll&this time we were neck&neck w him..the 3rd run the Caddy went in limp mode&the AMG left us for dead.

This may have been the situation w Nismo???
    Always 2 sides to the story&after meeting&hanging w Jeff I really don't take him to be the embellishing type of guy that would lie about a run

yea i agree...there are alot of threads on the caddy forums about heatsoak and it seems to completely bypass the issue would be to swap out the blower for a KB setup and some sweet ass heat exchangers....downside is only one caddy has done that on the east coast and hes in FL as D3 says.....until i get mine Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Meth should eliminate heatsoak alltogether, but it depends on what size he is using and how he tuned it. If i recall, he just put the pulleys on within the last few days,if i recall again, he does his own tuning as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Meth should eliminate heatsoak alltogether, but it depends on what size he is using and how he tuned it. If i recall, he just put the pulleys on within the last few days,if i recall again, he does his own tuning as well.
    if he does his own tuning it prob isnt as aggressive as LPE or D3 or wait4me...but other than that yea the meth should fix it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black bnr32 Click here to enlarge
    what's a guy gotta do for a 500whp set up for Z's these days?
    GTM Stage 1 TT Kit between 8 to 10 PSI. I make 500whp on 5-6psi I don't know why but it does.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

dont quote me, but its very likely that his handle on cadillac foums is cooler2442, as that guy has a atco vid posted running 11.40@123.. and i vaguely recall him mentioning running a gtr.. likely not a coincidence

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post2352396

edit- scratch that , read down a few and its actually vetkila

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

interesting where was i ? haha nismo you gotta tell me you running someone then i come out!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

well, after doing some research on vetkila, it doesnt quite add up to some of what i was told.. vetkila has laid down 588HP and 600+ tq, but with a different setup......

still not sure of username Nismo ran against though. but very interesting to see 11.4@123, as claimed by guy ai spoke to, and the "vetkila" having different parts than guy i spoke with

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast