Close

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Meth activation fee? How long until a $1 debit is automatically withdrawn from your credit card on each WOT run. (Sorry, not trying to give ideas here!!)
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn it's funny to me how let's say "frugal" BMW owners who want to tune their cars are vs other brands. Hell my exhaust manifold on my Nissan cost $2300! Probably why progress has been so slow on these motors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    Damn it's funny to me how let's say "frugal" BMW owners who want to tune their cars are vs other brands. Hell my exhaust manifold on my Nissan cost $2300! Probably why progress has been so slow on these motors.
    This forum is filled with guys who spend nothing on their cars and do nothing but complain about pricing on parts they can't afford and all.

There is a difference between spending money and outright gouging.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Trevor008 Click here to enlarge
    Is that a hint at how much the fueling system is going to cost? I think you slipped up man!
    Going to hide easter eggs hints in the forum Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This forum is filled with guys who spend nothing on their cars and do nothing but complain about pricing on parts they can't afford and all.

There is a difference between spending money and outright gouging.
    I agree but that's the natural order of things as in when a company comes out with a new product or method they jack up the price and eventually lower it as competition enters the market. But if you want progress and premium stuff it costs. I just don't believe in always going to the lowest bidder with my cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This 2000 bucks isn't just for the meth kit, it's for v5, dci, and meth kit including chargepipe
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's only 1100 for the meth kit!! Click here to enlarge
    JB4LIFE

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Procede is running out of i/o. You need to give up the built in speed delimiter. External delimiter is required and adds to the cost. Still, pwm seems to sell well based on the people lining up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@!in gypsy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LOL Im loving this.

When our new system starts getting out in the field....well its going to be awesome. We made the new CMGS System X easy to install, easy to use and high performance. We liked the idea of having a low to no maintenance system. no more settings to worry about. Lets just give you a cool display to tell you whats going on, lets have the SYSTEM X configure everything for you automatically and while were at it....lets give you the ability to prime the system while inside the car Click here to enlarge

Hey...lets put a $650 price tag on it and include a stainless steel solenoid on this version.

I also like his "nationwide shortage of Aquatec pumps". I guess the fact that we have 1,200 pumps in our warehouse helps us with that.

LOL.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes, similar benefits and sales talk except that you could learn from the Apple / Vishnu scarcity utilization Click here to enlarge
    I guess Shiv leads in the number of factors affecting the meth volume, though Click here to enlarge
    I'm not saying more is better in reality, but in marketing talk it tends to be so Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Yes, similar benefits and sales talk except that you could learn from the Apple / Vishnu scarcity utilization Click here to enlarge
    I guess Shiv leads in the number of factors affecting the meth volume, though Click here to enlarge
    I'm not saying more is better in reality, but in marketing talk it tends to be so Click here to enlarge
    I give Shiv credit for sourcing parts from Aquamist and having someone write the software to put it all together to make something custom for the procede. I have no problem with it and sure it will work fine.

we have a high speed valve that I am confident is faster than The one shiv uses and holds more pressure (200 psi). At the end of the day we decided not to produce the kits. I could easily match Shivs price and include it with the FCB kit (the CMGS would control the valve). I know its not worth 2 times the price.

His kit only works with the procede, is only available for the BMW platform and has a very limited scope...high price and same power gains, similar fluid use.

Im sure it will make a good kit for the procede.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Im confused. What is he claiming this is better for/at? part throttle but 8+psi?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Coolingmist,

Is there any actual benefit to "misting" at low Boost as claimed by the tuning god?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    Coolingmist,

Is there any actual benefit to "misting" at low Boost as claimed by the tuning god?
    He has zero data to back up what he says. I have customers that run ours with low boost all the time. Thats the point of a progressive system. Injection at lower boost helps keep your temps down so when you are at high boost they are under control. I can take of my JB+ chip and drive my car stock with the meth injection kit at what ever boost I want and I never have these mythical driveability issues.

Maybe some of you with progressive kits can jump on and tell us how your car just bogs like crazy at 5 psi, LOL. Why dont hear people with these issues when its setup correct? Because this is Shivs fear mongering marketing. Scare customers into thinking you cant or should not use a progressive kit for daily driving.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He claims a 30 deg. Drop in IAT @ 4 psi... Says it's The same effect as driving your car on a cold night compared to a hot summer day

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
    He claims a 30 deg. Drop in IAT @ 4 psi... Says it's The same effect as driving your car on a cold night compared to a hot summer day
    welcome to 1941. He is marketing of the selling points of water/meth injection. The temp reduction depends on the following factors:

1) meth mix
    2) temp outside
    3) location of jet(s)
    4) when it turns on
    5) how much fluid

PWM pump or PWM valve both are going to lower your temps similar. There is nothing special about his that will lower temps any better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I agree but that's the natural order of things as in when a company comes out with a new product or method they jack up the price and eventually lower it as competition enters the market. But if you want progress and premium stuff it costs. I just don't believe in always going to the lowest bidder with my cars.
    It isn't natural to pump BMW owners for every last dollar. If it is being done, it is natural to say something. I don't care if it is a $70 or $70,000, principle is the same.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ive got progressive set at 7.5 psi. no bogging ever and perfect drivability. no need to lower it to 4 psi, whats the point in that? its about .00004 second between 4 and 8 psi. only difference is im not going to touch 8 psi unless i want boost, where as i can touch 4 psi turning into a parkin space.

cant wait to hear all the backfiring threads coming his way Click here to enlarge

Jim, its not about "a lot" of money, its a bout a lot of worthless money with no gain. are you gonna pay 5k for a turbo upgrade that may or may not perform as well as a 3 k upgrade ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ive got progressive set at 7.5 psi. no bogging ever and perfect drivability. no need to lower it to 4 psi, whats the point in that? its about .00004 second between 4 and 8 psi. only difference is im not going to touch 8 psi unless i want boost, where as i can touch 4 psi turning into a parkin space.

cant wait to hear all the backfiring threads coming his way Click here to enlarge

Jim, its not about "a lot" of money, its a bout a lot of worthless money with no gain. are you gonna pay 5k for a turbo upgrade that may or may not perform as well as a 3 k upgrade ?
    That's exactly what I'm tying to get at. Is there really any benefit to start meth earlier?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    That's not what was being discussed when I made my comment. There wasn't any discussion of if it was better or not simply a $795 price for the meth kit which doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Maybe cause I don't see much value in the hardware to me the advantage of something like this is it's controlled by the tune. That in my mind is the ideal way to run something like this and is the same reason I through out the controller on my NO2 direct port kit and control the via my ECU as additional injectors. It makes for IMO a easier and safer package to tune and daily.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It isn't natural to pump BMW owners for every last dollar. If it is being done, it is natural to say something. I don't care if it is a $70 or $70,000, principle is the same.
    If your looking at it as you can piece the hardware together for half the cost then sure it's overpriced but as I stated earlier the way I see it is if your gonna run the procede software IMO there is added value in having your meth kit controlled by the tune. Besides not all hardware Are made equal and if I'm not mistaken they are using aquamist which is the most expensive one right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I also have a progressive kit that comes on at 5psi(35%) and have never experienced bog. The only reason i have it activate so low is because I have a 6MT and want to keep the flow up in between shifts so that I don't lose my extra boost.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If your looking at it as you can piece the hardware together for half the cost then sure it's overpriced but as I stated earlier the way I see it is if your gonna run the procede software IMO there is added value in having your meth kit controlled by the tune. Besides not all hardware Are made equal and if I'm not mistaken they are using aquamist which is the most expensive one right?
    There definitely is added value in having a good interface but it can be done in other areas for far less money. There is no reason for it to cost what it does other than to give Vishnu more money. Shiv preys upon the masses in this manner. $50 meth fee? I mean come on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There definitely is added value in having a good interface but it can be done in other areas for far less money. There is no reason for it to cost what it does other than to give Vishnu more money. Shiv preys upon the masses in this manner. $50 meth fee? I mean come on.
    I wasn't aware there was another tune for the N54 that controlled meth. Who is it and how much do they charge?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast