Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Horsepowerfreaks Time attack Z4M

It all started with the wizards of nos direct port nitrous system. Click here to enlarge It gave power and that was it i had tasted a faster z4m i could not accept less :ben:

I have made a direct port nitrous kit because i wanted to drive the car stock most of the time for reliability and it was not going to be on every time like a turbocharger or supercharger i was not going to worry a bit when i stepped on the gas.

I never believed that turbocharging or supercharging could be safe as stock. No matter what you invested in a kit it was going to have side effects on the long run. I still believe that but because my friend had good experience with hpf m3 and i want that more power every time i press the gas pedal i am going to need a turbo or sc. I still believe that most reliable option would be swaping a new bmw twin turbo v8 but because of the cost and legal requirements to register it to my car i did not had that choice.

As you all know the z4m has a different ecu then e46 m3 that was the road block for HPF.

i was going to build my own turbo kit with a standalone engine management, i even bought a hpf exhaust manifold. After i heard a roomer that hpf was going to make a kit for z4m i canceled my manifold and waited for the kit. I tried to find tuner and ems for the car and it was not easy. Also i didnot know who to trust.

Then i thought of buying a supercharger kit from ess. They were nice company and they had good stuff plus a supercharger would be nice for a time attack car because it did not had any lag. i liked the kit but i did not loved it.

I knew that even if i put a supercharger i would still be tempted to build a turbo z4m. plus i hated the idea that sc stole the power from the engine :rofl: Also stage 1 turbo kit wouldnt have too much lag for a track setup and the weight distribution would be lower back with a turbo setup.

i was really close to buy the ESS kit but i knew that i was always going to think how the car could be more fun with a turbocharger... Also ESS told me that they did not sell stage 2 kit if you did not have it installed on their shop. I asked them what was really behind this because the only difference between stage 1 and 2 was intercooler and oil cooler. I also did not like the attitude towards me and i found myself once again looking at e46 m3 ecu.

Yesterday i made my decision, i am not going to wait for HPF to make a turbo kit or proefi. I am also not going to buy a standalone ems and build my own kit i will make the car run with e46 m3 ecu and then i will order the HPF turbo kit and make a new intercooler piping and other necessary stuff. I want to do this because i want HPF's experience and i love their passion to move forward and i love their brand.

I bought E46 m3 ecu, ews and keys today.. I will also buy engine harness and other necessery parts.

Note: my car weighs 2750 lbs right now.. will be reduced to around 2650 lbs

Wish me luck !!

Best Regards

Basar G.

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by basar13; 05-05-2011 at 03:48 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sounds like you are crazy Click here to enlarge j/k. Best of luck to you man. Can't wait to see the results, if you succeed and I'm sure you will. It's gonna be insane....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so you don't like turbo lag and you are going for a HPF kit ?!!
    with a standalone a small twin scroll you would get something less powerful but also way less laggy than HPF kit.
    eitherway good luck with your project, sounds like fun Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Damn, you got balls lol. Goodluck with the build and i'm interested in how it goes!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    great project! Cant wait to see this come together
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    Sounds like you are crazy Click here to enlarge j/k. Best of luck to you man. Can't wait to see the results, if you succeed and I'm sure you will. It's gonna be insane....
    Thanks hopefully i will....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    so you don't like turbo lag and you are going for a HPF kit ?!!
    with a standalone a small twin scroll you would get something less powerful but also way less laggy than HPF kit.
    eitherway good luck with your project, sounds like fun Click here to enlarge

Thanks buddy, i know it will have more lag then a ITB N/A car and a Supercharged but it is worthy Click here to enlarge

I dont think stage 1 could be called laggy Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by basar13 Click here to enlarge

.....a supercharger would be nice for a time attack car because it did not had any lag. i liked the kit but i did not loved it.

Also stage 1 turbo kit wouldnt have too much lag for a track setup and the weight distribution would be lower back with a turbo setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    great project! Cant wait to see this come together

Thanks, i am also excited ....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Nice
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn dude, in for updates!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks guys hopefully installation of e46 m3 ecu will be started in 1 month Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks buddy, i know it will have more lag then a ITB N/A car and a Supercharged but it is worthy Click here to enlarge

I dont think stage 1 could be called laggy Click here to enlarge
    I assume HPF kit includes T67, right ? well it's not known for it's response, it's known for big numbers in BMW community.
    with S54 i think you are gonna see it's best over 4000 RPM.
    But you are gonna have serious power, have fun with it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Its going to be a riot I bet. Can't wait to see your finished product!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You will rape small children,dragon's, and unicorns with great ease once everything is said and done. Who will be doing the tuning for this project?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i was really close to buy the ESS kit but i knew that i was always going to think how the car could be more fun with a turbocharger... Also ESS told me that they did not sell stage 2 kit if you did not have it installed on their shop. I asked them what was really behind this because the only difference between stage 1 and 2 was intercooler and oil cooler. I also did not like the attitude towards me and i found myself once again looking at e46 m3 ecu.
    What was their attitude, what happened?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yesterday i made my decision, i am not going to wait for HPF to make a turbo kit or proefi. I am also not going to buy a standalone ems and build my own kit i will make the car run with e46 m3 ecu and then i will order the HPF turbo kit and make a new intercooler piping and other necessary stuff. I want to do this because i want HPF's experience and i love their passion to move forward and i love their brand.

I bought E46 m3 ecu, ews and keys today.. I will also buy engine harness and other necessery parts.
    How are you planning to do this with the stock ECU? Who is going to tune it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks everyone and yes i will rape unicorns Click here to enlarge

The purpose of this swap is to get rid of tuning issues and engine management system.

When i swap the ecu with e46 m3 i can use the hpf's kit and their tune.

BUT right now this project is on pause because Pro-efi (jason) told me that there is a z4 m which will be turbocharged by him and therefore i can get a plug and play ems. HOPEFULLY

1-2 month delay right now....
    Last edited by basar13; 05-20-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks everyone and yes i will rape unicorns
    Hahahah Click here to enlarge

BUT right now this project is on pause because Pro-efi (jason) told me that there is a z4 m which will be turbocharged by him and therefore i can get a plug and play ems. HOPEFULLY

1-2 month delay right now....
    The Pro-EFI seems to be the solution to almost everything for S54 motors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

The Pro-EFI seems to be the solution to almost everything for S54 motors.
    Hopefully i cant wait to turbo charge my car. Its has always been a dream for me.

I will focus on decreasing the weight of the car.. I guess my car will be at 2645 lbs when i order my proefi ... Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Time Attack ///MZ4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will focus on decreasing the weight of the car.. I guess my car will be at 2645 lbs when i order my proefi ...
    That weight with a turbo... your car will be insane.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That weight with a turbo... your car will be insane.
    Yes it will Click here to enlarge..

And there are some GOOD NEWS !

I am so glad that i have opened this topic and i had the courage to swap a e46 m3 ecu & harness..

This turned out to a great gift and Proefi is going to make a plug and play standalone for z4m.

Thanks Jason.
    Click here to enlarge

Time Attack ///MZ4

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We are all waiting, and watching.... By the way have you seen some odd looking troll driving around town trying to do 60-130 pulls in e36's, or e46's nearly smacking into walls?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    We are all waiting, and watching.... By the way have you seen some odd looking troll driving around town trying to do 60-130 pulls in e36's, or e46's nearly smacking into walls?
    Click here to enlarge

stage 1 would be a good choice for throttle response. but i recommend stage 2 unless you plan on 110L as primary fuel, g'luck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I am so glad that i have opened this topic and i had the courage to swap a e46 m3 ecu & harness..

This turned out to a great gift and Proefi is going to make a plug and play standalone for z4m.

Thanks Jason.
    This is very good news!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge

Thanks everyone i hope it will be a success....

Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Time Attack ///MZ4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast