Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gintani or ESS?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Sticky! I'm liking this place more and more. I'm in NJ which sux! I'm so jealous of all you west coast guys!
    Well we are jealous that you have ATCO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Gintani has slightly better hardware (bigger front mount heat exchanger and bigger core in the mani)
    Gintani uses the T-Trim vs. ESS's Si Trim. The T-Trim is more efficient and has more room to grow if you decide to go for more power in the future.
    A Gintani equipped car currently has the fastest 60-130 time (minus the new Gpower numbers, but until we see more solid info on it, I don't count it)
    Gintani will do pretty much anything you desire on your setup, within reason.
    Gintani is good people, ESS are malicious liars for the most part
    Imagine that a Gintani supporter bashing ESS. You know its funny I have talked to the guys at ESS a lot and they never have a bad thing to say about Gintani or any other FI vendor and yet every Gintani customer goes out of his way to talk crap about ESS.

Mspired I thought you might have some knowledge of blowers being a long time VF customer but I guess you don't. The Vortech T-trim blower will make less low end tq than a Si until you spin it up to about 11-12 psi. The T-trim was designed by Vortech to make max top end power with high boost applications not on 5-9 psi kits. If you run a t-trim with less than 10 psi you wil make less low end tq than you will with a si blower. Why do you think VF only uses T-trim on their high boost applications ?? The fact that some of the Gintani customers would run a t-trim blower with low boost makes me laugh a bit. I also don't understand why you need a "custom" setup ? the custom setup I have seen of Drew's makes about 500 whp and this requires running high boost and a meth kit. I have also seen Sticky's dynos making 540 whp with race fuel / meth / high boost and the car is only making a little more power than a ESS VT2-600 kit with pump. If you want good 60-130 times find a slight downhill slope at sea level strap on some drap radials and go for it. Is it really worth it to run all that crap and risk the safety of your motor for another 20-30 whp or a .5 faster 60-130 ? I guess for some people it is.

Some people also like to be test dummy's for vendors who are just getting started or don't have the time / money to test products themselves. These vendors often give discounts to customers to buy, promote and test their products. Its hard to take a review from a Gintani customer for face value as they have all been given large discounts to run the stuff. You have to take the things they say including performance numbers and reviews with a grain of salt. Im sure if a vendor is going to give you 30-50% off a kit your always going to make sure the kit is shown in a good light. If im wrong please tell me a Gintani customer who has not been given a discount on their kit in some way ?

All of these FI kits are going to be fast and they can all make more power if you want them to. So if im going to strap a FI kit to my $25k motor I would much rather do it with a company who has been doing it for 15 years, has their own tuner who has been with them for 13+ years and has a very good track record of doing FI on BMW's without issues. The only E90 supercharger vendor with this resume is ESS. VF, AA, Gintani and G-power all use a 3rd party / person to tune their cars and this is a big no no. If you combine all the BMW's these vendors make superchargers / software for it still does not add up to the ESS line up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigpuna Click here to enlarge
    Imagine that a Gintani supporter bashing ESS. You know its funny I have talked to the guys at ESS a lot and they never have a bad thing to say about Gintani or any other FI vendor and yet every Gintani customer goes out of his way to talk crap about ESS.

Mspired I thought you might have some knowledge of blowers being a long time VF customer but I guess you don't. The Vortech T-trim blower will make less low end tq than a Si until you spin it up to about 11-12 psi. The T-trim was designed by Vortech to make max top end power with high boost applications not on 5-9 psi kits. If you run a t-trim with less than 10 psi you wil make less low end tq than you will with a si blower. Why do you think VF only uses T-trim on their high boost applications ?? The fact that some of the Gintani customers would run a t-trim blower with low boost makes me laugh a bit. I also don't understand why you need a "custom" setup ? the custom setup I have seen of Drew's makes about 500 whp and this requires running high boost and a meth kit. I have also seen Sticky's dynos making 540 whp with race fuel / meth / high boost and the car is only making a little more power than a ESS VT2-600 kit with pump. If you want good 60-130 times find a slight downhill slope at sea level strap on some drap radials and go for it. Is it really worth it to run all that crap and risk the safety of your motor for another 20-30 whp or a .5 faster 60-130 ? I guess for some people it is.

Some people also like to be test dummy's for vendors who are just getting started or don't have the time / money to test products themselves. These vendors often give discounts to customers to buy, promote and test their products. Its hard to take a review from a Gintani customer for face value as they have all been given large discounts to run the stuff. You have to take the things they say including performance numbers and reviews with a grain of salt. Im sure if a vendor is going to give you 30-50% off a kit your always going to make sure the kit is shown in a good light. If im wrong please tell me a Gintani customer who has not been given a discount on their kit in some way ?

All of these FI kits are going to be fast and they can all make more power if you want them to. So if im going to strap a FI kit to my $25k motor I would much rather do it with a company who has been doing it for 15 years, has their own tuner who has been with them for 13+ years and has a very good track record of doing FI on BMW's without issues. The only E90 supercharger vendor with this resume is ESS. VF, AA, Gintani and G-power all use a 3rd party / person to tune their cars and this is a big no no. If you combine all the BMW's these vendors make superchargers / software for it still does not add up to the ESS line up.
    First off, I do not own a Gintani kit, let alone a e9x. You've talked to ESS guys and they are all polite and don't talk smack?! LMAO! I've heard it personally my friend, don't make it seem otherwise.

ESS lies, that's what I believe. Not only in the s65 game, but also in the s54 scene as well. They have been around for 15 years, yet how many s54 kits are out there?

Where are your dynos to compare to bro?

Here is ESS's magic numbers...

A whopping 471rwhp with 6psi. Doesn't ESS claim 600rwhp with 7psi? 130rwhp with a 1psi increase! Magic! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

He wasn't bashing anyone, are you kidding me? He provided his opinion.

Your typical operating procedure is that when you disagree with someone you claim they don't have knowledge of blowers. No offense bud, but you are not up to par to be evaluating others knowledge of products. He was more than fair as was everyone in this thread so try stirring the pot somewhere else.

I did not receive a discount on my kit. Niterider got one because he was the first. Who else got a discount? I would love one personally. Sounds like you don't know what you are talking about, actually you flat out don't.

Who is risking the safety of their motor? My AFR's look way better than what ESS was resorting to in order to try to put up good numbers with the stroker which they didn't. You must have looked at the wrong dyno because my dyno says 560 + wheel... which is more than any stock internal kit I have seen from ESS on a third party dyno.. oh and more than the stroker they did Click here to enlarge

Didn't Drew put up a better 60-130 than any ESS kit? Racing on dyno's is for kids, probably why ESS hasn't seen a drag strip.

A third party tuning is a no-no? Hahahahah, what? HAHA!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gintani has never come on the boards and claimed that another tuner's software was stock or garbage, an ESS employee has done this and that's a fact, the truth is Gintani has never come on the boards and said negative things about another vendor whatsoever, ESS certainly has and still does. You and Roman have also made claims that Powerchip NA software is dangerous.

Mspired I thought you might have some knowledge of blowers being a long time VF customer but I guess you don't. The Vortech T-trim blower will make less low end tq than a Si until you spin it up to about 11-12 psi. The T-trim was designed by Vortech to make max top end power with high boost applications not on 5-9 psi kits. If you run a t-trim with less than 10 psi you wil make less low end tq than you will with a si blower. Why do you think VF only uses T-trim on their high boost applications ??
    The fact that some of the Gintani customers would run a t-trim blower with low boost makes me laugh a bit.
    I'm not sure who fed you this info but you're misinformed. VF, Gintani, RGM all use the T Trim for the E9x applications, it's a V8 not an inline 6. Click here to enlarge Call Vortech they'll tell you the same thing.

I also don't understand why you need a "custom" setup ? the custom setup I have seen of Drew's makes about 500 whp and this requires running high boost and a meth kit. I have also seen Sticky's dynos making 540 whp with race fuel / meth / high boost and the car is only making a little more power than a ESS VT2-600 kit with pump.
    My setup is not custom, it's a production setup anyone can buy it. Regardless what about these ESS cars running around claming 600whp, 93 octane and 6-7psi? Knock it off with your nonsense about the WATER Meth, my car is not running more timing with WM in fact it's running less than the ESS kits that are on 91 octane and 6psi, just as AA runs WA and will run WM for extra protection, so did I on 91 octane. The car would have made over 500whp just as it did, with or without the WM. Sticky made more power because of his exhaust system.

If you want good 60-130 times find a slight downhill slope at sea level strap on some drap radials and go for it. Is it really worth it to run all that crap and risk the safety of your motor for another 20-30 whp or a .5 faster 60-130 ? I guess for some people it is.
    FYI I ran similiar times at 1600', my 7.76 run was on a flat road. Click here to enlarge On street tires, who claimed DR's? Saftey of your motor? No other company claims the power levels that ESS does on pump fuel and in the same sentence label it "conservative tuning."

Gintani has a shop car all the R&D was done on that. Click here to enlarge I can assure you they have plenty of funds/resources to get the job done, along with some of the best CS I've ever seen. I certainly would not want to be a test dummy, that's one reason I went with the Gintani kit.

So my review with empirical data, and comparo's should be taken with a grain of salt? Vbox times can not be manipulated, nor can comparo runs, also this has zero to do with what one paid for a kit, regardless how would you know what every Gintani customer paid? Let me guess you'd never take a discount and you're a straight shooter, level headed and unbias, and the rest of us are in on the fix? Click here to enlarge

Relax Bro, there's plenty of room for all the E9X kits.
    Last edited by DLSJ5; 04-10-2010 at 12:17 AM.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Silence newbie..

You really really don't know what you're talking about not by a long shot. Go do something productive like tell ESS to put up better 60-130 times with that supposed 600whp 7psi car on 93 octane Click here to enlarge. Oh and post up a dynosheet from a independent dyno I bet thats something you haven't even done with your car. And then come here and explain why exactly that car in the vid only made 471whp? with STD correction at 6psi shouldn't he be making 560whp according to ESS? Meanwhile it was all BS that Niterider made 506whp at 5.5psi SAE with a full exhaust give me a break dude, Ya ESS doesn't lie, we just have nothing better to do then pick on ESS poor them.Click here to enlarge

All you guys need to get off the boards with your inflated dyno sheets and go visit a track and do some actual road testing enough with the charts. And when you have something worth talking about then you can come lecture people about what they know and don't know. BTW afaik no one else got a Discount besides brian and theres nothing wrong with that especially since it wasn't half off like you say so how much did you get off? Nevermind don't answer that cause it doesn't matter really.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if your going to talk $#@! make sure your not going off of your own OPINION and get some real FACTS Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Didn't even realize the dyno on the vid is STD, deduct 2-3% and that puts it around 455-460rwhp.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Didn't even realize the dyno on the vid is STD, deduct 2-3% and that puts it around 455-460rwhp.
    Where is the missing 100 wheel?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Asbjorn@ESS Click here to enlarge
    Hello guys, we have been working secretly for almost a year now on a new kit design for a new BMW model. I will leave it up to you to figure out what model it is.. :4ngie:

Tests were performed on a 100% stock car on pump fuel only. The kit is 100% bolt-on.
    Click here to enlarge

All of us knowledge-less people here are waiting for bigpuna to explain...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Gintani has never come on the boards and claimed that another tuner's software was stock or garbage, an ESS employee has done this and that's a fact, the truth is Gintani has never come on the boards and said negative things about another vendor whatsoever, ESS certainly has and still does. You and Roman have also made claims that Powerchip NA software is dangerous.

I'm not sure who fed you this info but you're misinformed. VF, Gintani, RGM all use the T Trim for the E9x applications, it's a V8 not an inline 6. Click here to enlarge Call Vortech they'll tell you the same thing.

My setup is not custom, it's a production setup anyone can buy it. Regardless what about these ESS cars running around claming 600whp, 93 octane and 6-7psi? Knock it off with your nonsense about the WATER Meth, my car is not running more timing with WM in fact it's running less than the ESS kits that are on 91 octane and 6psi, just as AA runs WA and will run WM for extra protection, so did I on 91 octane. The car would have made over 500whp just as it did, with or without the WM. Sticky made more power because of his exhaust system.

FYI I ran similiar times at 1600', my 7.76 run was on a flat road. Click here to enlarge On street tires, who claimed DR's? Saftey of your motor? No other company claims the power levels that ESS does on pump fuel and in the same sentence label it "conservative tuning."

Gintani has a shop car all the R&D was done on that. Click here to enlarge I can assure you they have plenty of funds/resources to get the job done, along with some of the best CS I've ever seen. I certainly would not want to be a test dummy, that's one reason I went with the Gintani kit.

So my review with empirical data, and comparo's should be taken with a grain of salt? Vbox times can not be manipulated, nor can comparo runs, also this has zero to do with what one paid for a kit, regardless how would you know what every Gintani customer paid? Let me guess you'd never take a discount and you're a straight shooter, level headed and unbias, and the rest of us are in on the fix? Click here to enlarge

Bigpuna just got owned.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge

+1000000

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It looks like the HFC's were that restrictive. Click here to enlarge

Either way I made more with the Gintani Catless xpipe/Stock Muffler combo! I think with the Borla back on or another HFE, I'll pick up a bit more.

Here's the results in all three CF's, I gained around 15 peak WHP, but as much as 22 whp gains at spots throughout the P-Band! :thumbsup:

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

get the gintani race you'll love it! but if its too loud check out the sport version same power as the race.....THEN get another dyno Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    get the gintani race you'll love it! but if its too loud check out the sport version same power as the race.....THEN get another dyno Click here to enlarge
    I'm thinking about the Akra, but it's too damn $$.

FWIW a DCT car does have mre DTL! Anywhere from 10-20whp it seems. A 6speed car would have probably hit 550+ STD, but in a heads up run the DCT shifting more than makes up for it. Click here to enlarge
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Very nice numbers! Maybe now people will start to get it that the exhaust makes a difference...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Very nice numbers! Maybe now people will start to get it that the exhaust makes a difference...
    I hope so, lol.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Love it. That puna dude got owned. Lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Great respond Drew, and Im glad u made the x pipe change. I cant say enough about their exhaust system. Its funny how some people still think it doesnt make a difference...But I wont get into that.

Anyways lets not get off track. I will post my whole personal opinion about both kits later today. I will try to b as unbias as possible but its gonna b hard, 1 because I have a Gintani SC and 2 because I really do think their kit is better in almost everyway. But like I said I want to give the original post starter key points to look at. On that note I think a better question for the main thread starter to ask himself is What are u planning to do with ur car? What is ur goal? Do u want room to expand? All these should b taken into consideration because Gintani has a lot more room to expand and offers a lot more options.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Silence newbie..

You really really don't know what you're talking about not by a long shot. Go do something productive like tell ESS to put up better 60-130 times with that supposed 600whp 7psi car on 93 octane Click here to enlarge. Oh and post up a dynosheet from a independent dyno I bet thats something you haven't even done with your car. And then come here and explain why exactly that car in the vid only made 471whp? with STD correction at 6psi shouldn't he be making 560whp according to ESS? Meanwhile it was all BS that Niterider made 506whp at 5.5psi SAE with a full exhaust give me a break dude, Ya ESS doesn't lie, we just have nothing better to do then pick on ESS poor them.Click here to enlarge

All you guys need to get off the boards with your inflated dyno sheets and go visit a track and do some actual road testing enough with the charts. And when you have something worth talking about then you can come lecture people about what they know and don't know. BTW afaik no one else got a Discount besides brian and theres nothing wrong with that especially since it wasn't half off like you say so how much did you get off? Nevermind don't answer that cause it doesn't matter really.
    Click here to enlarge... still dying of laughter.

Bigpuna please go elsewhere. Like back to ESS and ask why PG's stroker failed to crack 200 or how one of their cars made 600whp through a stock exhaust. Thanks.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wow Bigpuna@ESS got owned.. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

man akra isnt anything special if i wanna waste as much money as possible i would get it...but gintani is reasonable and gives me what i want, go with the sport version if you want something quieter...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the Gintani sport too

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Well, i am going to pick up my new M3 manual on friday and have ordered the ESS VT625 kit and RPI X-pipe.
    Hopefully i will bee able to post some videos from the next M5boardevent in June.
    The break in period will be supercharged, any one done this?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2065 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    Well, i am going to pick up my new M3 manual on friday and have ordered the ESS VT625 kit and RPI X-pipe.
    Hopefully i will bee able to post some videos from the next M5boardevent in June.
    The break in period will be supercharged, any one done this?
    I don't think anyone has done the break in period supercharged, you will be the first.

You made excellent choices for your situation and congratulations on your SC and X-pipe! Look forward to hearing your impressions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Correction

Hey Guys,

Just needed to correct something from my earlier post. If you need to reach Arno regarding the M5 supercharger kit please contact him at 818.787.8260. Thanks.
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12