Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gintani or ESS?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Gintani or ESS?

Hi , I will probably sell my Procede tuned 335 dct , and buy a manual M3 and supercharge it, i did get an offer from ESS, but giantinis web sight seems to be down, do anyone know the price for there supercharger kit?
    Most people here seems to be happy with gintani, but what is the difference between the two kits? Is there something i should take an extra look at when buying a supercharger kit Thanks Pea

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Before I delve into it, why are you selling?

Gintani's website unfortunately is not up.

With Gintani it depends on what setup you go with but the price you would pay is $13k. Where are you located?

The two kits are not quite as different as everyone would make them out to be as both use a centrifugal supercharger. However, Gintani uses the Vortech T-Trim which is a blower capable of more power than the V3 units ESS is using as well as having higher efficiency. Secondly, you have more tuning options with Gintani such as water-meth and more boost if you so desire. The Gintani kit also has a higher capacity intercooler, you can read about some of the track testing here.

To be honest, both kits have great hardware but what makes it for me is the options with Gintani.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Gintani has slightly better hardware (bigger front mount heat exchanger and bigger core in the mani)
    Gintani uses the T-Trim vs. ESS's Si Trim. The T-Trim is more efficient and has more room to grow if you decide to go for more power in the future.
    A Gintani equipped car currently has the fastest 60-130 time (minus the new Gpower numbers, but until we see more solid info on it, I don't count it)
    Gintani will do pretty much anything you desire on your setup, within reason.
    Gintani is good people, ESS are malicious liars for the most part

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wanted to ask the same question as the OP but was afraid to since it seems more folks on this forum are pro Gintani. I'm looking forward to hearing more unbiased input from everyone so I can make a decision on which kit to go with myself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by gixxer_kidd Click here to enlarge
    I wanted to ask the same question as the OP but was afraid to since it seems more folks on this forum are pro Gintani. I'm looking forward to hearing more unbiased input from everyone so I can make a decision on which kit to go with myself.
    There is a pro-Gintani aspect that is undeniable. You are correct but I want to make it clear that all discussion is welcome. You have no need to fear speaking your mind.

There are good aspects to ESS don't get me wrong. Also, your location is important, where are you located?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

The DCT tranny is truly amazing , but I realised that I miss my manual tranny.
    To tune a dct tranny is also more complicated, and there are problems with overheating, clutch slippering etc when the torque are high .
    And since some friend of mine are driving GT-R, m6 etc I need to add , meth and nitrous to keep up, and I donít believe the tranny could handle the power.
    I believe the easy way to beat them is to buy an m3, add supercharger and call it the day

Where are you located?

I live in Sweden 2hours away from ESS Head office

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge

To tune a dct tranny is also more complicated, and there are problems with overheating, clutch slippering etc when the torque are high .
    And since some friend of mine are driving GT-R, m6 etc I need to add , meth and nitrous to keep up, and I don’t believe the tranny could handle the power.
    I believe the easy way to beat them is to buy an m3, add supercharger and call it the day

Where are you located?

DCT overheats and is complicated with slipping clutch discs when the torque is high? You don't say Click here to enlarge Yes, DCT certainly makes things a challenge when modding.

Your location may have decided for you.

I do not know of a single Gintani install overseas as of this point. I don't think they would turn you away, but that is something that would need to be discussed. I believe Gintani is the better option if you want customization and max power. What is your goal?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have an offer for their 600hp kit, i think that would bee enough.
    But it is very easy to become a tuning addict, so It might end up with something completely different.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I have an offer for their 600hp kit, i think that would bee enough.
    But it is very easy to become a tuning addict, so It might end up with something completely different.
    It is never enough Click here to enlarge

Gintani definitely would be different from everyone else in Europe which would be great!

What is the offer/price for the 600 hp kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

And since some friend of mine are driving GT-R, m6 etc I need to add , meth and nitrous to keep up, and I don’t believe the tranny could handle the power.

Where are you located?

That sounds like you have lots of competition on your hands! Good luck! from what I know to date its either Gintani or Gpower that makes big power!
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge

Gintani definitely would be different from everyone else in Europe which would be great!

I believe the Gintani kit is something like $13500USD(stage 1) I would got for the Stage 2+ or stage 3 if possible

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

price is 13500 + tax, turn key offer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Can't go wrong with Gintani. Their numbers are solid and their customer service is great. The main difference between Gintani and ESS is, Gintani's kits have more options (meth, higher boost, built motor, etc.) whereas ESS produces a standard kit. As Sticky said, it all depends on your location and what you're looking for from your setup. Give Arno at Gintani a call, 818-731-2702, he's a great guy and will be able to answer all your questions.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    price is 13500 + tax, turn key offer
    Then the price is basically the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Being that you live so close to ESS, I think you answered your own question...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    Being that you live so close to ESS, I think you answered your own question...
    Well, location is the key factor, but he still wants to know, I like that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for your advice guys, I will go probably go for ESS .
    It doesn’t seem to be any big difference in performance or quality between the two.
    It is always good to listen to people with experience before you order.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It doesn’t seem to be any big difference in performance or quality between the two.
    There is a performance difference, definitely.

Both have quality hardware.

Yes, it is good to learn as much as you can before you order, best of luck!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It doesnít seem to be any big difference in performance or quality between the two.
    look at some dynos there is a big performance difference and how much your getting for how much you pay

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    look at some dynos there is a big performance difference and how much your getting for how much you pay
    Which posts are you referring to , I haven’t found any dynos being made on the same dyno.

The main reason or me to consider Ess is of course location, but if I get more bang fore the buck with Gantini, why not.
    For the moment I am just trying to get as much facts as possible.
    I will participate in the M5board events later this spring, hopefully with a supercharged M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Which posts are you referring to , I haven’t found any dynos being made on the same dyno.

The main reason or me to consider Ess is of course location, but if I get more bang fore the buck with Gantini, why not.
    For the moment I am just trying to get as much facts as possible.
    I will participate in the M5board events later this spring, hopefully with a supercharged M3.
    Well, my car made more power than the ESS supercharged stroker motor on the exact same dyno.

Basically, Gintani will make more power because they will run higher boost. At about the same boost level, the numbers really are almost the same thing except if one car is running water-meth in which case that car will have higher numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    If you will be participating in the M5Board events, I REALLY hope you go with Gintani!!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSpiredM3 Click here to enlarge
    If you will be participating in the M5Board events, I REALLY hope you go with Gintani!!!!!

Amen!! listen to the guy!! there are some crazy cars on M5board

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is a pro-Gintani aspect that is undeniable. You are correct but I want to make it clear that all discussion is welcome. You have no need to fear speaking your mind.

There are good aspects to ESS don't get me wrong. Also, your location is important, where are you located?
    Thanks Sticky! I'm liking this place more and more. I'm in NJ which sux! I'm so jealous of all you west coast guys!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxe92xx Click here to enlarge
    Yup. Also note that all the quick 60-130 times have been done by Gintani or Gpower cars. Something to take into consideration if the OP is going to run in the M5board events.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast