Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328


    Yes Reputation No

    The return of the Ultimate Driving Machine - JOY campaign gone, hopefully permanently

    BMW announced earlier in the year that they were switching advertising agencies. You all remember the "JOY" ads. They were supposed to add a sense of humanity and humility to the BMW brand but instead in our opinion weakened the sharp and aggressive Ultimate Driving Machine image that only a company like BMW can pull off. Well, after a year of BMW's most expensive ad campaign in history "JOY" is gone and the Ultimate Driving Machine is back. A new ad agency has taken over, the agency responsible for JOY was let go. About freaking time, check out the first of the new Ultimate Driving Machine ads below.

    Click here to enlarge


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,426
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Nice, I liked that Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    810
    Rep Points
    604.4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    F**k. I need to buy a 5 series if it comes with one of those...
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    2,276
    Rep Points
    936.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    now that's what im talking about
    Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    now that's what im talking about
    Damn straight and about time!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -94.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Shame on you guys if those people responsible for Joy crap is still alive !Click here to enlarge

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    558
    Rep Points
    785.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    That was great!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Mildenhall, UK
    Posts
    749
    Rep Points
    681.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    That was awesome. Now if only BMW offered that coffee refill service in real life, it really would be the ultimate driving machine and my life would be complete.
    2010 335i Coupe Le Mans Blue
    *JB4 Powered*

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -94.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Scourge82 Click here to enlarge
    That was awesome. Now if only BMW offered that coffee refill service in real life, it really would be the ultimate driving machine and my life would be complete.
    Buy a Holland&Holland Range Rover and you will get free wine refill service for 1 year Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Buy a Holland&Holland Range Rover and you will get free wine refill service for 1 year Click here to enlarge
    I have no idea what this means.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -94.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I have no idea what this means.
    they give a bottle of wine when you buy the car, for the rest of year you can just call them and say "it's empty", a guy will be sent to you and he gives another bottle.
    and it's not a cheap wine (don't remember the name).

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    they give a bottle of wine when you buy the car, for the rest of year you can just call them and say "it's empty", a guy will be sent to you and he gives another bottle.
    and it's not a cheap wine (don't remember the name).
    Well depending on the wine that might actually be a good value. I'd dig a deal like that.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -94.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well depending on the wine that might actually be a good value. I'd dig a deal like that.
    I'm not an expert, what do you think about these?
    2 bottle of Pol Roger champagne, 1 Bottle of Ivan Vodka and a bottle of Balvenie scotch whiskey.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    I'm not an expert, what do you think about these?
    2 bottle of Pol Roger champagne, 1 Bottle of Ivan Vodka and a bottle of Balvenie scotch whiskey.
    I know nothing about Vodka and Whiskey. What vintage is that champagne?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -94.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I know nothing about Vodka and Whiskey. What vintage is that champagne?
    i'm not sure, i think it's a 1998 Cuvee.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    i'm not sure, i think it's a 1998 Cuvee.
    Is it the Pol Roger Blanc de Blancs, Blanc de Blancs Extra Cuvée de Reserve, or Blanc de Chardonnay Brut?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -94.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Is it the Pol Roger Blanc de Blancs, Blanc de Blancs Extra Cuvée de Reserve, or Blanc de Chardonnay Brut?
    None, it was Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill.
    is it good?

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    None, it was Cuvée Sir Winston Churchill.
    is it good?
    Yes, it's excellent:

    Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, November/December 2007, Issue #135
    (Pol Roger Cuvee Sir Winston Churchill Brut) Subscribe to see review text. 93 points

    I would say it is not worth the $200 or so a bottle as there are better values but that is a quality wine.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -94.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes, it's excellent:

    Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar, November/December 2007, Issue #135
    (Pol Roger Cuvee Sir Winston Churchill Brut) Subscribe to see review text. 93 points

    I would say it is not worth the $200 or so a bottle as there are better values but that is a quality wine.
    as it turned to a wine thread, in your opinion what's the best wine for around $100 ?
    it should be common so i can get it from neighbor countries.
    Thanks

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    as it turned to a wine thread, in your opinion what's the best wine for around $100 ?
    it should be common so i can get it from neighbor countries.
    Thanks
    Well, it depends what kind of wine. Sparkling? Red? White? Sweet? Port? Etc.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -94.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well, it depends what kind of wine. Sparkling? Red? White? Sweet? Port? Etc.
    Red

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    120,327
    Rep Points
    32,737.4
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    328



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    Red
    I'm a fan of the 2004 Robert Foley Claret.

    I also think the 2004 and 2005 Versant Cabs are great for around $60-70, really great.

    The Bond Matriarch would be another in the sub $100 although it might be over that range now.

    As far as Rhone styles I would say the Tablas Creek 2007 Espirit de Beaucastel is a superb sub $100 value.

    Oh, and my overall fave would likely be the MollyDooker Enchanted Path, any vintage.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,618
    Rep Points
    -94.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm a fan of the 2004 Robert Foley Claret.

    I also think the 2004 and 2005 Versant Cabs are great for around $60-70, really great.

    The Bond Matriarch would be another in the sub $100 although it might be over that range now.

    As far as Rhone styles I would say the Tablas Creek 2007 Espirit de Beaucastel is a superb sub $100 value.

    Oh, and my overall fave would likely be the MollyDooker Enchanted Path, any vintage.
    Thank you brother Click here to enlarge
    sorry for going OT

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,298
    Rep Points
    6,861.4
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    69


    Yes Reputation No
    Looks like expensive coffee. Probably not hot as well...
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    6,298
    Rep Points
    6,861.4
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    69


    Yes Reputation No
    Part of the same campain?
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •