Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Figure out your torques! Spreadsheet for calculating torque from MPH/HP Dynojet graphs

Hi guys,

More and more people have been asking how much torque various cars make based on Dynojet plots with MPH. A lot of HPF S54 cars go without a torque curve. Its easy to do the math for any given RPM but its hard to visualize. Its also annoying to plot the chart each time you want to figure out a specific car. So, I've created a spreadsheet to do this for you. If you have a dyno that shows HP and MPH and you know the approximate tire size, rear ratio, and gear ratio the pull was made with, you can calculate torque.

This kind of thing may already exist but I didn't have the patience to search. I have it setup so that it actually plots the HP and Torque like a dyno would which gives you a great representation of the power curve.

Here is what it looks like for my vehicle where I only had HP and MPH, but new I was in 5th gear with a 24.9" tire clamped down hard, and a 3.25 rear. The tire size is going to vary because you are compressing a tire. There are tools online to approximate the OD of your tire. But if use a measuring tape you can get a better idea. It obviously expands some with speed. I just made it so that the MPH lines up with what I am used to seeing and new this pull was to 6500 RPM or so. Its obviously not DEAD ON, but its really, really, really close.

Click here to enlarge

Anyway, obviously a torque plot off the dyno is best, but since its just math based on RPM, this is darn close. Here is a link to the Excel spreadsheet.

Enjoy

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

I don't understand why many HPF dyno'd don't have torque readings but as stated it can be calculated quite simply.

Additionally, if the .drf files are available settings can just be changed in winpep to accommodate whatever one likes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I got Torque Graphs allday. Sadly there from mustang dyno and the smg was acting gay. Wouldn't rev pass 7100 but you get the idea. There floating around.