Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

335i e90 sport package tire help!

Hey guys I have a 335i with the 18" sport package and have a few questions. well, first let me tell you the current situation. I ran my car at the track the other night and all I could manage was 2.1 60 foot on the stock run flats. I want to get a better 60 foot than my $#@!ing GTI, that's why I got the car, but I'm not sure that I'm ready for a full blown race tire. So, has anyone been able to run at least a 1.8 60 foot on a street tire? Also would a wider than stock tire benefit me, say a 275 instead of the 255 that I have now? Would it fit without rolling the fenders? Will it fit on the stock rim? I just need a little guidence so I know where to start. thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

you can fit 265s on there but it will give the 'oversized tire' look..might want that for extra cushion in the sidewall for launching.

You would prolly have to roll the fenders as well.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Oversized won't bother me too much, the stock tires look too rounded like they're streched. Has anyone been able to get a decent 60 foot with streeet tires?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

If you go in the 1/4 mile section you can see the slips.

12.28 @ 115.10 MPH 60' 1.82 (Sitdown) E92 335, JB3 | DCI | FMIC | MS109 | 1000DA, 1/4 tank of MS109/93, 19" Street Tires SLIP
    12.38 @ 113.07 MPH 60' 1.89 (Sitdown) E93 335, AT, JB3 2.0, JB3 2.0 (Map 9), BMS DCI, and 93/MS109 fuel mix, Street Tires SLIP

it seems like this guy has a technique with his launches lol
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

That was an e92. I understand that they have more room for meats under their fenders. I wonder if he had some big 'ol tires on the back of his car. . I'll have to find him to find out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2053 Post(s)

It is a complete waste to run street tires on the strip. Just go all the way for a drag radial, they aren't expensive. Do it right, you will never be satisfied with street tire 60 foots.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I figured that was the way it works I really was hoping someone would say "Naa man, I just bought some Pep Boys brand mud terrains for $12 and was able to pull a 1.4 60 ft!" -oh well. I'll probably end up getting some decent tires first, just to get rid of these nasty runflats, then eventually get a dedicated drag tire. IF I don't lose interest in the car too soon. For some strange reason I'm craving a wagon of some sort.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ryan Mills Click here to enlarge
    I figured that was the way it works I really was hoping someone would say "Naa man, I just bought some Pep Boys brand mud terrains for $12 and was able to pull a 1.4 60 ft!" -oh well. I'll probably end up getting some decent tires first, just to get rid of these nasty runflats, then eventually get a dedicated drag tire. IF I don't lose interest in the car too soon. For some strange reason I'm craving a wagon of some sort.
    LMFAO i was literally laughing for 2 minutes and tearing. That was a good one Ryan lol.

I guess the best way to go would be a drag set up. If you do that i doubt there would be any problems getting a 1.8 on the 60'.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    you can fit 265s on there but it will give the 'oversized tire' look..might want that for extra cushion in the sidewall for launching.

You would prolly have to roll the fenders as well.
    this.

and a good brand tire should get you decennt 60's, a 1.9 maybe 1.8 once you get the hang of it