Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Angry Calgary bus driver tried to kill my car today .. again

I'm sick and tired of bus drivers in Calgary -- they are either extremely incompetent, or have no regard for any other drivers on the road.

I was in the outside lane on a 3-lane road .. in slow moving traffic. This idiot bus drive suddenly with no indication, cut across all three lanes, nearly taking out a couple of cars in the middle lane, and then proceeding to drive right into the lane I was in -- from beside me!

If I didn't emergency brake, my car would have been a goner. Of course, I nearly got rear-ended by another bus that was following close behind me. My BMW would have been the meat in a bus sandwich. Click here to enlarge

This is happening so frequently now .. and the quality of their driving is getting worse. Once traffic stopped at the lights, I took a photo of his plate and number so I could report to his bosses. Not that much will happen. What makes this worse, is that the bus was full of kids.

At the next light I managed to pull up beside him briefly for a few moments to give him a piece of my mind, but he didn't even look at me .. just looked straight forward, ignoring my horn and 'verboseness'.

Makes me want to start a website to name and shame idiot drivers around the world .. anybody think it's a good idea? Does such site already exist?

Anyway, here is the photo of the idiot's plate. Now I wish I got a photo of the driver.

Click here to enlarge

The "please yield" sign in his back window should say "mind out for the $#@!ing idiot driving this bus".
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! bus drivers, they have another thing coming.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yup, I have almost been hit by a bus a few times in my life.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Twinturbom3 Click here to enlarge
    Keep on jealousing.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

You need one of those =D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    How cool would that be!! Unfortunately not for use on a bus full of kids .. but might work well on the odd ricer Click here to enlarge
    ~

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    luckily bus drivers here can drive pretty well ,but i worry about the kids behind the wheel , they are mobile bombs.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm fortunate enough to live in just outside of houston, where the Metro Buses are banned. FTW!