Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Back on the dyno - Track day "tune" still in the 400+ whp club (OE/BT)

Today one of our evening tunes backed out so I got about 30 minutes to throw my car on the dyno with a new track tune. These aren't cooled down glory passes - this is get my M3 as fast as I can on the dyno while the customer is on is way. My goal was multiple 400+ passes at a rich-all-conditions-safe AFR and timing target with no cool down and we achieved that.

This accompanies 91 style octane ignition timing (on our wonderful 93 E10) with slightly leaner then stock AFR (mid 12s) . We have the ability to have a nice clean tune that can be hotlapped over and over again with zero KR (Knock correction) or power loss. This is the result of a good "OTS" tune that most could get via OE/BT for a full bolt on car.

Procedure: No real cool down - car is put in 3rd gear on a dynapack via the exact gear ratio and run. 1.0 CF factor (no inflation) Our dynapack doesn't have the greatest of fans.

Click here to enlarge

Mods:

Filter/scoops/Pulley/Gintani full catted exhaust

This is our results for last year: (13.3 AFR) (Turner test pipes catless with secondaries)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

This is our results for this year: (12.5 AFR) (Gintani X pipe with high flow primaries)

Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Old vs. New

Click here to enlarge

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R63iUAqAt3c

Next up: "Race tune" for 93 with street style AFR and timing
    Last edited by BrenM3; 04-20-2011 at 11:25 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Embedded the vid.

So the new tune is a bit more rich? How is the new tune better exactly?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Embedded the vid.

So the new tune is a bit more rich? How is the new tune better exactly?
    Other then fueling - it's the same exact file as the 407.7whp. Will go crazy next time on the part II. Just wanted to create something for the masses for our east coast clients. A daily driver/weekend warrior tune that could keep in mind all gasoline qualities and all driving styles and not lose power under extreme circumstances or heatsoak.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
    Other then fueling - it's the same exact file as the 407.7whp. Will go crazy next time on the part II. Just wanted to create something for the masses for our east coast clients. A daily driver/weekend warrior tune that could keep in mind all gasoline qualities and all driving styles and not lose power under extreme circumstances or heatsoak.
    I see, so will this ultimately make more power with a cool down and such? Not this exact file though?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see, so will this ultimately make more power with a cool down and such? Not this exact file though?
    Yeah for sure as you can see in the video we took the runs nearly back to back. Next 30 mins I have free (11 cars in the last 3 days sucks) we will go to town on a newer "hotter" file but this is a nice general tune for all fuel qualities. Shows 400 is possible everywhere with the right parts and the right tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah for sure as you can see in the video we took the runs nearly back to back. Next 30 mins I have free (11 cars in the last 3 days sucks) we will go to town on a newer "hotter" file but this is a nice general tune for all fuel qualities. Shows 400 is possible everywhere with the right parts and the right tune.
    How does this dyno read vs. a dynojet?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty close. We have guys claiming they lost or gained 5whp many times by going to a dynojet after. It read my stock m3 on 93 at 340whp/262wtq.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Pretty close. We have guys claiming they lost or gained 5whp many times by going to a dynojet after. It read my stock m3 on 93 at 340whp/262wtq.
    Yes, seems to be close although I would be inclined to think it reads a little higher based on the results I see on it vs. the dynojet. But, it's close, and the main thing is the gains and it shows 400 whp NA is something that can be hit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wow 407 whp on this tiny 4 liter v8 is pretty good!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It says torque flywheel on the left hand axis.

Is this a mistake?

If it's not then this car is making around 400hp flywheel which is way less than 400whp.

Please confirm this is a mistake or the actual.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The 4th image states flywheel figures, not wheel.

Looking for clarification.

These cannot be wheel figures because for the S65 to produce around 290 wheel torque..... you need way way more than what you have done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    It says torque flywheel on the left hand axis.

Is this a mistake?

If it's not then this car is making around 400hp flywheel which is way less than 400whp.

Please confirm this is a mistake or the actual.
    Have you not used a dynapack before? This is how they always show when you list in the viewer. This is real trival stuff Sal Click here to enlarge

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/6490...e-should-know/

The car made 340/260wtq ~ stock. I've listed those charts many times.

Also note that the charts say "Flywheel torque" and "flywheel power" when in the viewer and torque and power when live on the dyno. This is an artifact of the Dynapack software. Note the "tcf" factor in the lower portion of the screen. When set to 1.00, the graphs reflect the power measured at the hubs. If one wishes to, the factor can be changed to try and estimate back to crank or flywheel outputs. Notice I posted the TCF @ 1.0.
    Last edited by BrenM3; 04-19-2011 at 07:22 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Have you not used a dynapack before? This is how they always show when you list in the viewer. This is real trival stuff Sal Click here to enlarge

http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/6490...e-should-know/

The car made 340/260wtq ~ stock. I've listed those charts many times.
    That is some really good info there. Are you a member there? I want to get that post up here with a link and make it a sticky in the general section. Very nice link!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think all jokes aside it should be pretty obvious the car isn't making LESS then flywheel HP/torque from the manufacturer with full bolt-ons / tuned considering it baselined very much like a stock E92 on 93oct on a dynojet Click here to enlarge

Sticky - one of our employees is a big s2ki guy - we tune them via Hondata flashpro. The honda crew or the Church Automotive crew are very well versed in the Dynapack community. They use it exclusively - so does Evans Tunings in PA. We do some honda work as well but we have the AWD model.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bren Im fully bolted and want to get an OETune, and ive been contacting Gintani/OEtuning and feel like im getting the run around (After 3 months I still dont have their tune)..........how can I get an OETune near NYC????

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
    Bren Im fully bolted and want to get an OETune, and ive been contacting Gintani/OEtuning and feel like im getting the run around (After 3 months I still dont have their tune)..........how can I get an OETune near NYC????
    That's ridiculous, you should be taken care of. Bren will make sure you get in touch with the proper people on the East Coast. Also, you should have contacted OE Tuning East!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sticky - one of our employees is a big s2ki guy - we tune them via Hondata flashpro. The honda crew or the Church Automotive crew are very well versed in the Dynapack community. They use it exclusively - so does Evans Tunings in PA. We do some honda work as well but we have the AWD model.
    I'm going to get those dynpack details up here, that is great info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hi,

Never used these machines and know nothing about them.

Given your baselines it looks like a good gain and for once someone is taking note of correction factors.

One thing- correction factors should not be set because their purpose is to try and standardise.
    While you may think your doing the right thing, you may actually be skewing the figures without knowing it.
    You are actually ignoring the weather conditions which will have an impact on how the engine will perform.

However, the gains looks realistic and very in line with what we get over here with similar bolt on parts and a basic tune to suit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's weird. Come see me, I'm about 3 hours out I can do it while you wait. Sales@brentuning.com. I have everything but the anti tune 2011 flash tools for now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    Hi,

Never used these machines and know nothing about them.

Given your baselines it looks like a good gain and for once someone is taking note of correction factors.

One thing- correction factors should not be set because their purpose is to try and standardise.
    While you may think your doing the right thing, you may actually be skewing the figures without knowing it.
    You are actually ignoring the weather conditions which will have an impact on how the engine will perform.

However, the gains looks realistic and very in line with what we get over here with similar bolt on parts and a basic tune to suit.
    Sal, I understand your not trying to call out but all your statements so far are completely incorrect and I think you are confusing this thread more then you are helping it.

Notice the CORRECTION METHOD: SAE on the graph based off the room temp and weather station, and the factory machine comes with NO correction @ 1.0. Nothing was messed with and will ever be. Another cool thing about this machine is as soon as you set the vehicle data (gear ratios and such) you cannot change them (they become greyed out) until you reset the runfile and vehicle completely. Makes the cheating game a little harder for tuners.

On another note you've gained ~67whp and ~35wtq with bolt ons? I'm curious.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That's weird. Come see me, I'm about 3 hours out I can do it while you wait. Sales@brentuning.com. I have everything but the anti tune 2011 flash tools for now.
    my cars a 2011, does that mean i cant be tuned?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would need to ship something out prior to your visit thats all. Car looks great btw.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can be tuned, just requires a little more work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would need to ship something out prior to your visit thats all. Car looks great btw.
    Thanks bro! Okay Ill shoot you a PM to set something up soon. Also, I heard the "older" EZ-Flashes sometimes had issues switching between maps, and a new "revised" set are coming in from europe within the next few weeks....is this also true? If so, Ill hold off for a little to get the newer batch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, I heard the "older" EZ-Flashes sometimes had issues switching between maps, and a new "revised" set are coming in from europe within the next few weeks....is this also true?
    I believe this is true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast