Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Good luck with the testing guys, we'll be at MIR on the 22nd, but look forward to track or vbox testing later.

Also fwiw, I agree with Sal regarding testing procedure, that's a good basis for fairness for all parties involved.
    Thank you, yes, I believe it is fair but so far OE Tuning is the only company that has stepped up and it doesn't not seem that anyone will be willing to meet them even with those testing procedures.

Trying to organize these things is always tough as when it comes down to it, many vocal tuners suddenly become very quiet.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thank you, yes, I believe it is fair but so far OE Tuning is the only company that has stepped up and it doesn't not seem that anyone will be willing to meet them even with those testing procedures.

Trying to organize these things is always tough as when it comes down to it, many vocal tuners suddenly become very quiet.
    I know you're going to face the same challenges as last time and probably more, it's just the nature of the business and what you're trying to achieve. Lots of people, schedules, egos, etc to coordinate which is I'm sure not making this fun for you. Just keep plugging away and do what you can.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    I know you're going to face the same challenges as last time and probably more, it's just the nature of the business and what you're trying to achieve. Lots of people, schedules, egos, etc to coordinate which is I'm sure not making this fun for you. Just keep plugging away and do what you can.
    Exactly correct, I will do my best and what happens, happens.

Thanks Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    evolve made awesome points in regards to the dyno testing. +2 reps from me man.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, wish to clarify, Singh has responded, has asked for further details, and may swing by but will not be participating.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just to say, thanks to those that understand what I have said.

Evolve have no way of participating unfortunately.

We can send an evolve-r cable but who loads tbe files? We cannot put our software in the hands of anyone that is not directly linked with us.

As also pointed out earlier, this type of thing may not reflect the actual tune end users get and there is no way of knowing anything about the level of tune.

We will get some independent tests done by genuine paying customers instead and you can study the gains.
    Will use a dynojet.

For those who are participating, good luck and I hope everyone plays fair.

I can see a few tuners not want to take part because of the history of all recent. Just because some may not choose to compete it should not be assumed they are scared or may not have a solid good tune. They may just not want to take part or may just not care.

If anyone can break a 30 hp gain with the test proceedures I have laid out then I take my hat off to them.

Personally I think the test would be more interesting with two cars.
    One stock and one with the normal bolt ons which the majority use.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    evolve made awesome points in regards to the dyno testing. +2 reps from me man.
    Much appreciated to you and MHP!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by evolve Click here to enlarge
    We can send an evolve-r cable but who loads tbe files? We cannot put our software in the hands of anyone that is not directly linked with us.
    You don't have anyone in California you trust or that deals with your product?

As also pointed out earlier, this type of thing may not reflect the actual tune end users get and there is no way of knowing anything about the level of tune.
    Well, the logs and gains should show off your capability. It may not be representative of what you have out there but it should show what you are capable of.

I can see a few tuners not want to take part because of the history of all recent. Just because some may not choose to compete it should not be assumed they are scared or may not have a solid good tune. They may just not want to take part or may just not care.
    I think that some tuners, and not you, have pointed fingers at others and made accusations. Well, they have pointed fingers yet they won't meet the tuner they pointed fingers at on the dyno? That doesn't speak well of confidence in their own product in independent testing.

For you, I can understand why being out of the country and so forth. Local tuners on the other hand don't really have much of an excuse.

Let's all be honest here, this really boils down to Powerchip vs. OE Tuning for the most part. I invited everyone as a courtesy, even ESS.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    I'll be selling 20lbs bags of ice just outside the dyno shop for 19.95 a bag
    now that! is the smartest thing to doClick here to enlarge
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2086 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12