Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My new baby...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LostMarine you should come check out my springfield xd subcompact 9mm... Now that my girl bought a new PC i can post pics.. Ill have pics of my toys a little later.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    key advice: learn to shoot from your weak/nonfiring hand as often as you shoot from your strong hand
    +1 and i'll let y'all in on a dirty lil secret that would get me kicked right outta rapetown if it got out, which is that for all my so-so proficiency with my lovely hand cannons, i feel weapons retention is job 1 for anyone who carries, and for that you need some decent hand-to-hand skills to slake off a would-be assailant who got the drop on you long enough for you to get the chance to draw. Situational awareness is great but you have to be prepared for the worst and i don't quite feel i am competent enough at retention to justify my gun maybe getting grabbed from me and used against someone else.

The same applies in the home of course but you've got the hometeam advantage there and can usually get your ducks in a row before a bogie actually reaches your position and in THAT scenario i feel confident enough to justify keeping guns in the home, and i treated even that as the grave decision it is. The gun is definitely the smallest part of the equation in any fight, i think. But though i think i could win fights with even big men cuz i'm so nutso, i couldn't guarantee i wouldn't lose my gun in the process and don't feel i should carry until i can, within reasonable certainty.
    Last edited by susan28; 04-22-2011 at 05:13 PM. Reason: typo
    ​"For the most part, it was pretty quiet all night long in gold and silver, but I'm sure the bullion banks are still lurking out there somewhere." -Ed Steer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aquaskr Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

That would make you 1 in a million. Don't fool yourself, Rambo. If you ever find yourself in a bad situation, it is likely you will have been shot or injured by the time you bring your weapon into action. It is also likely that your assailant will have the element of suprise in these situations.

I agree with your take about the billy-baddasses out there that think they need to pack all of that heat, but you, sir, are a bit overconfident of your potential reaction in a life threatening situation. I'm sure you are a great shot and you do rarely miss...while shooting at paper. But that "I don't miss" philosophy won't work very well for self defense.
    You don't know me or how I handle being wounded/hurt/shot and having to retaliate.

I don't think I'm overconfident at all, I just know myself very very well. I know my limitations and my capabilities. I dont need to tout a 45 glock with extended mag. I choose a sub compact 9mm because thats all one person really needs. If I have to use it, I will use it in joy. It is gleeful for me to shoot and kill someone who intends to harm other human beings, that is why I am telling you I have problems and you dont know me; and I dont mean that in a bad way. I understand you too, most people cant even breathe when they are in a situation like this.

I know it sounds like im mad chill and completely cool under stress, I guess you can say theres a part of my brain that doesnt allow me to stress out the same way other people do under these type of situations.
    Last edited by DBFIU; 04-24-2011 at 02:28 AM.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Mike Tyson said it the best.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    Mike Tyson said it the best.
    Doesnt he have his own TV show now lol, cant believe it.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    You don't know me or how I handle being wounded/hurt/shot and having to retaliate. I don't think I'm overconfident at all, I just know myself very very well. I know my limitations and my capabilities. I dont need to tout a 45 glock with extended mag. I choose a sub compact 9mm because thats all one person really needs. If I have to use it, I will use it in joy. It is gleeful for me to shoot and kill someone who intends to harm other human beings, that is why I am telling you I have problems and you dont know me; and I dont mean that in a bad way. I understand you too, most people cant even breathe when they are in a situation like this.
    Very well then, you may be the one in a million. "Gleeful" LOL!

Another good point in this debate is that with a subcompact 9, you will ACTUALLY carry it. When someone tells you they carry some high caliber or high capacity pistol, ask them where it is? Usually it's at home or in the car. Doesn't do much good if it's not with you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by aquaskr Click here to enlarge
    Very well then, you may be the one in a million. "Gleeful" LOL!

Another good point in this debate is that with a subcompact 9, you will ACTUALLY carry it. When someone tells you they carry some high caliber or high capacity pistol, ask them where it is? Usually it's at home or in the car. Doesn't do much good if it's not with you.
    One of my good friends keeps his carry in his car, I always tell him that its a dumb idea. It takes a long time to unlock your car, reach into your bag, pull it out etc... In the meantime the perp is not gonna just chill and wait for this to happen. Always carry it at arms reach if you intend to carry it!!!

Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123