Close

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,814.4
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No

    MotorTrend reviews the 2011 E71 BMW X6 M, runs 12.5@110

    Mid 12's for a 5200 pound SUV is pretty darn impressive. It isn't all about acceleration either, pulling .91 g on the skidpad. MotorTrend likes the SUV overall calling it impressive while making sure to point out it sure is hefty. They also mention that the idea of an M SUV goes against many of the M principles which it is nice to see a mainstream publication say that. Impressive numbers for an SUV, definitely, just imagine how much more impressive it would be if it weighed 1000 pounds less (X3M, hint hint).

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge

    Video:


    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    278
    Rep Points
    146.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Still weird and cool at the same time. Still pointless and still incredible performance for a heavy ride. A monster with a huge performance envelope. Love it. Way to bring it BMW M!!!Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,814.4
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deemo319 Click here to enlarge
    Still weird and cool at the same time. Still pointless and still incredible performance for a heavy ride. A monster with a huge performance envelope. Love it. Way to bring it BMW M!!!Click here to enlarge
    I like they did it but there is very little M about it. Just so heavy and bulky. An X3 M makes more sense than an X5 M.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    278
    Rep Points
    146.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Very little? They tricks they did with the suspension to get it to handle (relativley speaking) and the tweaks to the engine are well done.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    I would like to see sales numbers on the X5M/X6M. My local bmw dealer has had the same X5M sitting on the lot for quite some time.

    You now they are having problems selling them, when dealers have brand new ones selling on ebay with huge discounts.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,884
    Rep Points
    31,814.4
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deemo319 Click here to enlarge
    Very little? They tricks they did with the suspension to get it to handle (relativley speaking) and the tweaks to the engine are well done.
    Very little "M" not very little done to it. An M car is.. well, it isn't a 5000 pound SUV with turbos.

    When they mention purists, those are people who believe an M car is RWD, a car, and high revving.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    2,063
    Rep Points
    2,784.8
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    Kids would never be late to school in that thing.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HG Motorsports
    Posts
    389
    Rep Points
    512.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    I would like to see sales numbers on the X5M/X6M. My local bmw dealer has had the same X5M sitting on the lot for quite some time.

    You now they are having problems selling them, when dealers have brand new ones selling on ebay with huge discounts.
    You must live in a poor area (yes, I'm joking) but they seem to be flying off the shelves around here. I see X5 M and X6 Ms all over the place, about as often as E39 M5s.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,894
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Remonster Click here to enlarge
    You must live in a poor area (yes, I'm joking) but they seem to be flying off the shelves around here. I see X5 M and X6 Ms all over the place, about as often as E39 M5s.
    Far from it, Scottsdale Paradise Valley. My neighborhood cars range from Bentley Continentals to teenagers in their C-class benz's.

    I see a X6M every once in a while around town. Not nearly as much as other M-vehicles.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •