Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    I went to Gintani the next day and we discovered the Meth nozzles were clogged.
    Unfortunate situation due to the aluminum tanks Click here to enlarge I will have to get a plastic tank as well.
    Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Unfortunate situation due to the aluminum tanks Click here to enlarge I will have to get a plastic tank as well.
    Do that. And have Alex hook you up with some failsafes. I know Gintani is capable. Better safe than sorry.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Boost is set physically so a problem but you can have a warning for flow.
    I'm glad Drew is pretty much whole and props to Gintani for standing behind their product, but I hope Gintani (and AA & HPF) use things like this to take a hard look at modernizing their meth failsafes. A pressure sensor alone is not enough. A flow sensor alone is not enough. Should either of those sensors indicate an issue, even a SC'd car should be able to enter an ECU safe mode (cut ignition, put it in valet mode -- whatever). A little ingenuity with a solenoid, a vacuum hose filter, and a pop-off valve -- and you could limit a Supercharged car's boost to 91-friendly levels for ~$100.

There are always going to be failures and modifiers should accept that risk, but that doesn't mean we should stop implementing new & better ways of preventing catastrophes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So whats next for the OP? I personally would never run a car that was only setup to a set psi(no adjusting of psi without swapping a pulley like a sc kit) tuned for meth. To many risks.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    So whats next for the OP? I personally would never run a car that was only setup to a set psi(no adjusting of psi without swapping a pulley like a sc kit) tuned for meth. To many risks.
    Some great points, to count on the meth is too risky, I will never do that again and it's one reason many don't run meth.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge
    I'm glad Drew is pretty much whole and props to Gintani for standing behind their product, but I hope Gintani (and AA & HPF) use things like this to take a hard look at modernizing their meth failsafes. A pressure sensor alone is not enough. A flow sensor alone is not enough. Should either of those sensors indicate an issue, even a SC'd car should be able to enter an ECU safe mode (cut ignition, put it in valet mode -- whatever). A little ingenuity with a solenoid, a vacuum hose filter, and a pop-off valve -- and you could limit a Supercharged car's boost to 91-friendly levels for ~$100.

There are always going to be failures and modifiers should accept that risk, but that doesn't mean we should stop implementing new & better ways of preventing catastrophes.
    Great points as always.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by THATDONFC Click here to enlarge
    Do that. And have Alex hook you up with some failsafes. I know Gintani is capable. Better safe than sorry.
    How is your car come along? Hope all is well!
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Agreed.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Drew so you decided not to boost the car again??

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice thread drew, good luck and i hope you are satisfied with your lesser-monster now Click here to enlarge i bet you sure are used to its speed, having gone from s/c to n/a. probably better response down low though Click here to enlarge anyway, although people have asked what's your next project, i am more of a 'surprise-me' kind of guy, and am sure you're going to pull something out of the hat for us all.
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by spdu4ea Click here to enlarge

I agree with you completely but it is up to Gintani to implement.

It would be a little more difficult to go the new file instantly as flashing a "valet" or "limited" tune takes some time and by that time the damage is already done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I agree with you completely but it is up to Gintani to implement.

It would be a little more difficult to go the new file instantly as flashing a "valet" or "limited" tune takes some time and by that time the damage is already done.
    I'm no expert on implementation, but just opening the BOV fully would at least be a start. In terms of damage already done, as long as you are relying on the meth as an octane boost you're just talking about a higher risk of detonation, it's not guaranteed to instantly happen. Again we're back to 'mild' forms of 'knock' being possible and probable, but no necessarily a grenaded engine. My 2c
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    I'm no expert on implementation, but just opening the BOV fully would at least be a start. In terms of damage already done, as long as you are relying on the meth as an octane boost you're just talking about a higher risk of detonation, it's not guaranteed to instantly happen. Again we're back to 'mild' forms of 'knock' being possible and probable, but no necessarily a grenaded engine. My 2c
    Agreed, I think the BOV idea is a great start, and I believe snow performance has something like that available. The reality is just about every setup that uses meth, in every platform, relies on the Meth to keep it safe, that is if you want to make more power or go faster, and frankly all of us do, lol.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
    nice thread drew, good luck and i hope you are satisfied with your lesser-monster now Click here to enlarge i bet you sure are used to its speed, having gone from s/c to n/a. probably better response down low though Click here to enlarge anyway, although people have asked what's your next project, i am more of a 'surprise-me' kind of guy, and am sure you're going to pull something out of the hat for us all.
    Thanks man, it feels great just to drive the car again, it's been so long, as far as what's next, my options are open.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
    Drew so you decided not to boost the car again??
    My options are open!
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For a second I thought the full title of this thread was "the status of my car is its slow". Click here to enlarge

Drew will do something....he's got that itch that needs to be scratched! He is a true car enthusiast
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    For a second I thought the full title of this thread was "the status of my car is its slow". Click here to enlarge

Drew will do something....he's got that itch that needs to be scratched! He is a true car enthusiast
    Haha after you kicked my ass with a stock P31 C63, you would think I would have bolted the SC'r back on when I got home that night!
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My options are open!
    I understand that but what I'm not quite clear on is the status of the kit that was on your car. Does this belong to you, is it sold, does it belong to Gintani, what is happening with it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I understand that but what I'm not quite clear on is the status of the kit that was on your car. Does this belong to you, is it sold, what is happening with it?
    We made a deal, they own the kit now. I am not sure if they sold it already or what their plan is with the kit. Do you need a kit? Might be a good time to see if they can use it on your car? It's in very good shape.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2130 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We made a deal, they own the kit now. I am not sure if they sold it already or what their plan is with the kit. Do you need a kit? Might be a good time to see if they can use it on your car? It's in very good shape.
    Gotcha, thanks for clarifying. Hmm.... I do need a kit, might be a good option.

Thing is I would want a bigger blower than the t-trim.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if only I had an M3...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    wtf everyone has a blower! grrr

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha after you kicked my ass with a stock P31 C63, you would think I would have bolted the SC'r back on when I got home that night!
    Lmfao, please put it back in Click here to enlarge your car was a beast!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Drew - glad u got the car back and that Gintani took care of teh motor. That is a stand up thing to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Drew,

I heard that Gintani did not source your motor for you - that you had to do all of it yourself, from finding the motor, to having it shipped from overseas, etc...

Why was that your responsibility?

I also heard that you got into a verbal confrontation with Gintani just recently, upon which you ended up giving them the kit back. Is that true also? I'm not sure if calling it a "deal" is the right term...

I did not go into detail but maybe you can fill us in?

Congratulations on getting the car back. I'm sure you are thrilled to be driving it even in stock form. I have been waiting almost a year for my seven series to be finished (ring gland blew from 15PSI of boost), so I can understand the feeling. Now that you have a lot of options make sure you excercise them wisely!

Take care,
    Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast