Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Exclamation How to have more torque in high RPM

Hi guys,

How can I do to have more (or the same) torque in high RPM

My setup: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?t=1803

I don't need more power (more is not a bad lol) i wood like just a better operating range.

You have any solutions ?

Many thanks

Click here to enlarge
    Sorry for my bad english Click here to enlarge

///M one day
    ///M everyday
    My videos of Youtube Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ///Mr.DRFT Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys,

How can I do to have more (or the same) torque in high RPM

My setup: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?t=1803

I don't need more power (more is not a bad lol) i wood like just a better operating range.

You have any solutions ?

Many thanks

Click here to enlarge
    Maybe more timing would help depending on what ur tuner thinks.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    For the moment i have don't call my tuner but i think for this upgrade i make it whit friends when I must just change parts because my tuner is at 350 miles from me but i think when if he could put more timing he would have done

I have think ship my GT35 to Force Performance for make from my GT3582 a GT3586 but would that change the operating range as much as I want?
    Last edited by ///Mr.DRFT; 04-07-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    Sorry for my bad english Click here to enlarge

///M one day
    ///M everyday
    My videos of Youtube Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There are a number of ways but most will cost money. re-tune, change turbo manifold, intake manifold, turbo itself, swap diff gearing, raise compression. The problem is like i said it will cost but if money is not an issue you most also realize that changing any one part will altimately change other characteristics of your cars drivability. To get what your looking for often needs a combination of changes.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ///Mr.DRFT Click here to enlarge
    For the moment i have don't call my tuner but i think for this upgrade i make it whit friends when I must just change parts because my tuner is at 350 miles from me but i think when if he could put more timing he would have done

I have think ship my GT35 to Force Performance for make from my GT3582 a GT3586 but would that change the operating range as much as I want?
    I think the turbo change may give you the powerband shift you are looking for up top.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    You're pretty much at the limit of your turbine, so the easiest solution is a bigger turbo. That said, there are still some things you can improve on the existing setup which wont cost you spool and will likely let you maintain 600whp at redline (rather than tapering down to 550):

Your intercooler end tanks are too shallow. The core is probably sufficient for 600whp, but the majority of charge flow is only going through 2/3 of the height (both a restriction and a hindrance to cooling).

Your wastegate dumps into your exhaust stream too close to the turbo and at too sharp of an angle. Once you hit target boost, wastegate exhaust starts spoiling the turbine's discharge flow and power/torque plummet (something you can't afford when this close to a turbo's max). Either vent the wastegate directly to the atmosphere or vent it farther downstream as close to parallel as practical.

You're at the level where 3" (76mm) exhaust is really starting to become a restriction. You would benefit from 3.5" (89mm) or larger exhaust piping. Bonus points if you gradually diffuse to 3.5" rather than just start right off at the turbine 3.5" (ideally you'd have a hyperbolic curve, but for ease of manufacturing a straight 10 degree conical diffuser is fine).