Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gintani X-pipe w/HFC vs Fabspeed X-pipe w/HFC

First off, good luck to this board and so far everything I have seen/read so far seems great!

I have an e92 m3 w/dct with AA signature exhaust and am looking to finalize the rest of my exhaust but I had a few questions on my 2 candidates:

1. Gintani X-pipe w/HFC

From what I understand this set-up comes w/300 cell cats and has 4 resonators bult in..I have heard I will not need to get a tune as this set-up will not throw CELs...is this true? Also, does this set-up replace the primary and secodary cats as well? Lastly, will this system be too loud and have a lot of drone when paired w/my AA?

2. Fabspeed x-pipe w/HFC

Is this set-up quieter than the Ginatani?

How do both systems compare power wise? Also, any smell issues associated w/these systems?

Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by disruptv Click here to enlarge
    First off, good luck to this board and so far everything I have seen/read so far seems great!

I have an e92 m3 w/dct with AA signature exhaust and am looking to finalize the rest of my exhaust but I had a few questions on my 2 candidates:

1. Gintani X-pipe w/HFC

From what I understand this set-up comes w/300 cell cats and has 4 resonators bult in..I have heard I will not need to get a tune as this set-up will not throw CELs...is this true? Also, does this set-up replace the primary and secodary cats as well? Lastly, will this system be too loud and have a lot of drone when paired w/my AA?

2. Fabspeed x-pipe w/HFC

Is this set-up quieter than the Ginatani?

How do both systems compare power wise? Also, any smell issues associated w/these systems?

Thanks
    First off I would like to say welcome!

concerning the Gintani X-pipe I am pretty sure it doesn't come with primary cats.

and if the primary cats are gone you will need a tune to help you out. for the CEL monster will attack!

Fabspeed: you will not need a tune and should not throw a CEL but I have heard sometimes it still does.

the fabspeed design is nice put the cats are pushed up where the primary cats are. this will decrease the amount the power is produces. but also will be more quite.

so if your into power then Gintani is your choice.

if you into ok power then get a fabspeed.
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

West Los Angeles, California, United States
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have X-Pipe w/HFC's and no CEL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2062 Post(s)

300 cell cats should not throw a CEL.

Xpipes with cats won't really be too noticeably different sound wise. You definitely want a rear section with an X-pipe so it sounds good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    300 cell cats should not throw a CEL.

Xpipes with cats won't really be too noticeably different sound wise. You definitely want a rear section with an X-pipe so it sounds good.

I have an AA exhaust now and have been very happy thus far

I think that paired w/the Gintani Set-up should sound sick...

Plus most people in NE are running Fabspeed so i'll stand out a bit as well Click here to enlarge