Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Gintani SC e46 M3 vs Corvette C6 Ls2

Took a while for me to get this video up and running due to some technical difficulties lol. The outcome was predictable but still a good race. Enjoy!

Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn that thing walks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    damn that thing walks!
    Hell yea! Total domination
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    didn't know they have supercharger kit for E46 !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    didn't know they have supercharger kit for E46 !
    Yes sir, and its a sexy lookin beast under the hood too.

Attachment 2870

Attachment 2871

Attachment 2872

Attachment 2873
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    thanks for the picsClick here to enlarge
    what type of blower it has?
    And what's the numbers ?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    182 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not sure of the blower, but it is a stage 2 SC kit. put down 485 whp @ 10 psi 91 octane + meth
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    some good number and such a fast e46.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That was a rape
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    That was a rape
    A good rape though not bad rape

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nice
    is the owner on here?
    m3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Gintani Stage II supercharged E46 M3 (S54) at 10 psi vs. 390 whp LS2 Corvette

An LS2 corvette is a very, very capable car. Quick in stock form and this example is modified with headers, intake, full exhaust, and putting down 390 whp on a Mustang dyno. The E46 M3 is running a Gintani Stage II SC at 10 psi with meth, it puts down 485 whp. It is making almost 100 whp more than the Vette, but we are a bit surprised is pulls so easily right away. This really wasn't much of a race and shows how strong the E46 M3 can be when boosted.

Click here to enlarge

Chrome Space Bar Issue: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...338#post738338

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much does a kit like this cost?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
    How much does a kit like this cost?
    The Stage II isn't cheap from I understand, something like $13k. Gintani hasn't really released detailed pricing on their S54 setups... which they should.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @ Sticky,

Do you think the gap in performance in rolls between these two cars would be closer if they were starting off in 2nd gear? With F/I the E46 can find more usable power in higher gears.

I'm sure the E46 would always walk a C6 with this power level but just wondering if 3rd gear is the best gear for the Vette to start off in?

Also, what are the weights of each cars? If there is no weight reduction on the E46, it would be a little heavier than stock because of the blower and ATA intercooler (if it has one).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2133 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Do you think the gap in performance in rolls between these two cars would be closer if they were starting off in 2nd gear? With F/I the E46 can find more usable power in higher gears.
    I think with how quickly and decisively the E46 M3 pulls, it really wouldn't matter what gear if they are going from a roll. The power disparity is simply too great but I expected with this being a centrifugal that it would take longer for the M3 to show its greater power up top.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sonny Click here to enlarge
    Also, what are the weights of each cars? If there is no weight reduction on the E46, it would be a little heavier than stock because of the blower and ATA intercooler (if it has one).
    The C6 should be around 200 pounds lighter if I recall correctly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It looks like the performance is between a HPF Stage 1 and Stage 2. Not too bad for how much it costs I think. Without Race gas that is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the win, but that Vette sounds effing amazing!
    2004 E500 - Eurocharged ECU, VRP headers and E55 exhaust. #1 record holder on dragtimes (13.49@102.5)
    2005 SL600 - OE Tuning ECU/ Speedriven TCU - #1 record holder on dragtimes (11.02@126)

Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqKECRhvlf4