Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Need VBOX setup help!

Im $#@!iin pissed!

I finally got out and did a few vbox 60-130 runs today on the way to/from the bank. get home, and no freakin data on the card.. what am i doing wrong?

16.5 psi-9.5s
    17.0psi 9.4s
    17.5psi 9.2s

16.5 psi
    Click here to enlarge
    17psi
    Click here to enlarge
    17.5 psi
    Click here to enlarge

not sure of decline, but id be highly surprised if its more than 1%

never did a 60-130 so the majority of better times is from learning where to shift..

BUT HOW DO I SET IT UP?. ITS NO GOOD WITHOUT THE GRAPH/DATA TO CONFIRM!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge bump!
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea I have never used 1 before, but my engine builder has 1 he will lend me. I would love to figure it out before borrowing it. keep us updated
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this was full weight and pump/meth BTW..

I registered it a while ago, and the data displays on the screen, but it never saved? I pressed "ok" on "write data file" or something.. im confused

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So you cannot see any saved files on the memory card? Not even a .txt file?
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    nope, nothing. and i opened the pbox interface and it doesnt show any files to open either

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    nope, nothing. and i opened the pbox interface and it doesnt show any files to open either
    Strange, if write data is selected feels like the memory card has issue. Try to format it through the vbox prog, recheck again options are selected correctly and do a few runs.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    as HR stated, i did NOT have the "write to file" checked when i did these though. but i will check on the card again, tomorrows weather is supposed to be nice. i have to make sure the roads i choose are within acceptable % being my main focus. after that its game on.

I do have a question though.

the 3% rule.. if the faster cars are covering that ground faster, then the 3% is roving calculation right? whats 3% for a say 100hp car is not acceptable for a 1000hp car right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I just picked one up yesterday, wish I could help. I am actually using my Daily Driver pickup as "test vehicle" to learn how to use all the functions. All I know so far is it's tough to get a consistant 0-60 mph time, even in an automatic pickup truck, let alone a car with double the hp. I did a few 60-130 runs in my 335, but it's tough to find the room. 10.8 was my best there for my baseline. Saving the data I though you just hit the save data screen, but I haven't got that far yet.

Side question, were you able to input the "registration code", I kept getting a bad code error.

X...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i've same question , borrowed a Vbox from a friend and after cruising for 30 minutes finally got the right condition for doing 60-130 run but after connecting it nothing showed up , what i have to do ? it shows the card isn't empty but nothing shows up !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
    i've same question , borrowed a Vbox from a friend and after cruising for 30 minutes finally got the right condition for doing 60-130 run but after connecting it nothing showed up , what i have to do ? it shows the card isn't empty but nothing shows up !
    It's funny you mention the time it takes to find the right condtions, I was thinking the same thing after a few tries last night.

I looked closer at the instructions, and although vauge, I think you have to go into the menu and check the "write results file" box BEFORE you start your testing.

X...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! me.. i thought i had it roght today, another 9.2 same conditions, same road, no $#@!in file saved!! WTF!!?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I noticed that without external antenna the writing could be $#@!ed up but if you dont see any files on the card i would strongly sugget to:
    - reupload latest firmware
    - format the memory card through the software.
    - read the manual and make sure all is correct
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    $#@! me.. i thought i had it roght today, another 9.2 same conditions, same road, no $#@!in file saved!! WTF!!?
    Must be the SD card you are using. Change it. The only options to change in the Vbox are Write best.txt files and when the files are to record. Always or only when in motion. I think its automatic if you have an SD card in the Vbox it will save the data. Get a new SD card.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    I noticed that without external antenna the writing could be $#@!ed up but if you dont see any files on the card i would strongly sugget to:
    - reupload latest firmware
    - format the memory card through the software.
    - read the manual and make sure all is correct
    yea, im gonna try tomorrow

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    they need to simplify the process. i go to their website and i get lost and confused

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xander Click here to enlarge
    I looked closer at the instructions, and although vauge, I think you have to go into the menu and check the "write results file" box BEFORE you start your testing.

X...
    Hmm , i didn't do that ! that must be the reason
    but something is wrong here , before doing runs i had formated the SD card so it was empty.
    but after connecting it to PC instead of showing 1.8 GB free space it showed 1.72 GB free space , so it means something should be in the card but i can't find it !
    atleast i was be able to get the decline , it was 4% and the time was around 8.9 according to display screen.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Xander Click here to enlarge
    It's funny you mention the time it takes to find the right condtions, I was thinking the same thing after a few tries last night.
    X...
    yes , finding the right spot is really hard Click here to enlarge you should check every cars around you before doing the run.
    you just need a bad driver or even a hole in the asphalt for a crash .

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    how do you format the SD card? i dont recall doing that...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

how do you format the SD card? i dont recall doing that...
    put your SD card in SD reader , connect it to your pc.
    after awhile flash drive(or whatever it's name is) will show , right-click on it , then select the format.
    after that format page will be open , you have 2 options ,if your card capacity is more than 2GB in the 2nd field select Fat32 , if it's less than 2GB select Fat.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    hhhmmm could be the problem right thurrrrr

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    once its plugged in if it says "low sats" its still searching for a signal

once it shows your speed etc...its will save by itself. and a sessions stops when you come to a stop. but even if you do a run and never come to a stop it doesnt matter it should save it.

Ive never know anyone to have to go to "save" options...it just plug n play...but you need to download to software to read the files from their website
    Current:
    14 Viper TA
    Wsir - 1:28:9
    Buttonwillow C13 - 1:54:1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    LM you made me curious.
    What I could find on their website is that you indeed need their software to extract the data from the VBox.
    I'm guessing you all have the VBox mini with the SD card.
    They state in their manual that you should connect the VBox itself, and not the SD card, to your computer
    Also, it is very important to have the device in Performance mode. Laptime, speed or drift mode will not do you any good...

Manual quote:
    The VBOX Mini is supplied with a USB cable for connection to a computer. Connecting the VBOX Mini
    to a computer allows you to do the following:
    Transfer files between the SD card and the computer, either for analysis after logging data or
    simply to transfer files between computer.(‘Card Reader’ mode)

View VBOX Mini and VBOX Mini Input Module data in real time using the VBOXTools
    software.(‘VBOX Tools’ mode)

Configure the VBOX Mini and VBOX Mini Input Module, or view technical information about
    them.(‘VBOX Tools’ mode)

Upgrade the VBOX Mini firmware.(‘Upgrade’ mode)
    To connect the VBOX Mini to a computer, first connect the unit to a suitable power supply, then
    ensure that the right mode (either ‘VBOX TOOLS’ or ‘CARD READER’) is selected in the Setup Menu.
    If you wish to upgrade the unit, you will need to press and hold the ‘Mode’ button whilst connecting
    power to the unit to enter the upgrade mode.
    Once the correct mode is enabled, connect the USB cable between the VBOX Mini and the computer.
    If a ‘Found New Hardware’ wizard appears, please consult the driver installation guide included with
    the VBOX Mini and also on the VBOXTools software.
    The VBOX Mini is then ready for use with the computer. Please see the section ‘Firmware Upgrades’
    for details on how to perform a firmware upgrade, or the VBOXTools manual for instructions on the
    use of VBOXTools for monitoring live data, processing logged data, or configuring the VBOX Mini and

VBOX Mini Input Module.

From the MANUAL
    There are two theories to arguing with women. Neither one works

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
    once its plugged in if it says "low sats" its still searching for a signal

once it shows your speed etc...its will save by itself. and a sessions stops when you come to a stop. but even if you do a run and never come to a stop it doesnt matter it should save it.

Ive never know anyone to have to go to "save" options...it just plug n play...but you need to download to software to read the files from their website
    here is my question ,what i have to do to write the file before doing the run ? does it save automatically or i should save it manually ?
    it showed my 60-130 and other times after the run on display , so i'm sure the antenna was working well and VBOX was fine, after the run i stopped and managed to get other data from it. so i turned it off and next time i tired to get data nothing was there !

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    as DavidV states its written on their manual that you have to format the card from the VBox software and not from the pc itself as well as always connect the Vbox to the pc with their usb cable. When you do that the vbox will go in data mode.
    I would also update the firmware to latest, you can check which firmware is on the vbox and check on their site if there is a new one. They have however not updated it in while so i doubt thats the issues
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast