What's on your mind?


[140]

Live Feed

ChuckD05 replied to the thread N55 135i dyno w/ Vargas Stage2 Turbo.
" i want this on a msport x1 or 3 "

Today, 09:15 PM

Sticky replied to the thread Is an E30 M3 DTM car a match for the new 2015 F80 M3 around the track?.
"
Quote Originally Posted by leveraged sellout View Post
Also, this is really the only time the M3 was a real "race car for the road"
So why are people missing this? Nobody else is impressed that a design from 30 years ago can do this? "

Today, 09:14 PM

Sticky replied to the thread Is an E30 M3 DTM car a match for the new 2015 F80 M3 around the track?.
"
Quote Originally Posted by rooringhusky View Post
I guess you haven't been here long enough. We are all pawns to "Uncle Sticky" and Vargas has some great points.
It's not a surprise here to see you chime in negatively about me rather than discuss the topic. Of course you will blindly agree because you're a hater. It's a consistent pattern and it just rather amuses me you are so angry.

Maybe you could make a point about the actual topic? You'd rather just obsess about me though. Am I the last thing you think about before you go to bed too? "

Today, 09:13 PM

Sticky replied to the thread Is an E30 M3 DTM car a match for the new 2015 F80 M3 around the track?.
"
Quote Originally Posted by DavidV View Post
You are seriously comparing a gutted race-purpose through and through welded chassis with a roll cage, race diff, uniball race suspension, race gearbox, a functional aero wing and race spec built engine on race tires against a 4-door fully equipped M3 on street tires?
No Sport Auto is and it's a fun comparison. I'm providing my commentary on their comparison which I think was a great idea as it serves several purposes.

The E30 M3 is 30 years old man. It's nothing like a modern DTM car, nothing. You can go buy an E30 M3 and turn it into what you see here. Yep, they pulled the interior and installed a cage. Wow, that turns any old car into a race car now eh?

It has the S14 engine that came in the E30 M3. This is when the M division produced vehicles that... guess what? Had Motorsport emphasis.

You are witnessing two M philosophies compared and the original M philosophy which may be 'old' is hardly outdated or obsolete on the road course as this video shows. "

Today, 09:11 PM

Sticky replied to the thread Is an E30 M3 DTM car a match for the new 2015 F80 M3 around the track?.
"
Quote Originally Posted by George Smooth View Post
All I got to say is thank Fukc BMW didn't make a E92 M3 CSL. We would never hear the end of it.
Well I mean they did do the GTS and CRT. "

Today, 09:05 PM

Sticky replied to the thread Is an E30 M3 DTM car a match for the new 2015 F80 M3 around the track?.
"
Quote Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
It seems like every discussion turns to garbage now a days. I can't tell you how many full responses I have written to just delete and not post because it's just useless arguing with Sticky and seriously not worth my time. I have better things to do than get into endless arguments which always seem to end with S65 is the best engine ever, you are poor if you can't build it and that is your problem.

Time for the neg rep machine to kick in.
You've turned into a baby because you got your feelings hurt. If you can't take the heat don't stoke the fire. "

Today, 09:04 PM

Dirty Dog replied to the thread Wedge Log vs V8Bait Log.
"
Quote Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech View Post
They are doing great actually, thanks for asking. Not stirring anything, just stating a fact, I could easily go back and find many post where people were literally arguing that you did not need to see 2-6 #1 was telling you all you needed to know. Even when logs were posted with #1 dead quiet and #5 pulling 10.5 degrees. I am honestly stoked to see all 6 being all to log now on the piggys as its a much needed feature, but its just so quick people forget that it was touted as not something that was important just a couple months ago.

How about any of your projects, oh you mean you have never built anything custom
All you're doing is indirectly bad mouthing a tuner's tune that supports the majority on this platform. Not a wise move my friend. Let's not forget your still relatively new here. I think it's time you hire someone to manage your online gigs cause your online persona is nothing but ignominious and I'm sure many would agree.

I've constructed many custom builds in the past however I choose to actually do the work rather than just talk.

Sorry for the thread jack OP. "

Today, 09:03 PM

Sticky replied to the thread World first - Weistec cracks the SLS Black Series TCU (transmission control unit) and has control of the M159 SLS dual clutch gearbox.
"
Quote Originally Posted by cturbos View Post
Thank you ezec63,but I was amazed by the logic.
There often isn't any logic to people being negative. "

Today, 09:03 PM

Sticky replied to the thread Is an E30 M3 DTM car a match for the new 2015 F80 M3 around the track?.
"
Quote Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech View Post
And yawn, take it away Sticky. We are all just pawns on your board anyway. Motorsports is what you say it is on this board. Have a nice day man, I do not want to argue with someone who just wants to tell everyone their opinions are meaningless, talk about taking all the fun out of posting on any given thread when you have to worry about the Mod coming in and telling you your opinion doesn't matter nor is it valid because M = Motorsports. Last time I checked motorsports were about fun, and going fast. But being in loud old vibrating beasts as a daily driver, that is not always fun. But I guess this thread is not about actual comparisons of older fast cars and newer fast cars, its only about whatever you want it to be. I got to get back to work. I am now honestly gun shy about posting about anything these days, even if its something fun and pointless, as Uncle Sticky will just come out to the backyard and tell us we are wrong and stop horseplaying. Weeeeeeeeee
I don't know why you are getting upset. The M division made things like the E30 M3 for Motorsport. M standard for Motorsport. It isn't about comfort. It's about kicking ass on the racetrack.

I didn't say your opinion isn't valid. I provided my perspective. If it differs from yours why does that bother you?

On a racetrack a motorsport derived vehicle such as the E30 M3 DTM car is potent. I expect M cars to be built with roadcourse competition in mind first, not the dragstrip.

If one wants comfort or whatever else they should look to a different model. The debate about M's direction has raged for a while it really has nothing to do with you or me. "

Today, 09:02 PM

Sticky replied to the thread BMW F80 M3 F82 M4 S55 inline-6 ECU (engine control unit) already cracked and flashable?.
"
Quote Originally Posted by ezec63 View Post
Or maybe come up with a program where you go into a dealership sign a bunch of waivers agreeing to waive your rights for any warranty work etc once that is approved the BMW Tech unlocks the encryption of your ecu so any tuner can access all parameters. WIN WIN for everyone. I really don't get how people think theyre owed warranty work after they modify the car once you make the leap you go ballz deep !
Bingo. Why not allow this? I'll gladly waive all my rights to warranty coverage. "

Today, 08:50 PM

Sticky replied to the thread BMW F80 M3 F82 M4 S55 inline-6 ECU (engine control unit) already cracked and flashable?.
"
Quote Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
BMW builds a product and they guarantee that product against defects for 4 years / 50,000 miles. They can't guarantee that it will continue to function properly when a random assortment of aftermarket parts have been added onto it or when the calibration of the engine computer has been altered by any random guy.
I agree 100%. So why don't they unlock my ECU and shove their warranty up their asses? I have no desire for BMW's warranty coverage. I think it's absurd they lock EVERYONE out. "

Today, 08:49 PM

Sticky replied to the thread Pedm5 is now here!.
" Yes. "

Today, 08:46 PM

Legionofboom replied to the thread True driving skill.
" 10/10 "

Today, 08:42 PM

G0TB00ST? replied to the thread M4 vs 335i.
" Hmm I thought it would be closer than that. Can't wait to see some modded m4's out there. "

Today, 08:36 PM

G0TB00ST? created the thread True driving skill.
" http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/v...nIjn7GbBM7980Y

Usually we only stop to watch racing/ track videos, but let's take the time to appreciate this mans driving ability. "

Today, 08:29 PM

VargasTurboTech replied to the thread Wedge Log vs V8Bait Log.
"
Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Dog View Post
Stirring sh!t as always.

How about those stage 3's.
They are doing great actually, thanks for asking. Not stirring anything, just stating a fact, I could easily go back and find many post where people were literally arguing that you did not need to see 2-6 #1 was telling you all you needed to know. Even when logs were posted with #1 dead quiet and #5 pulling 10.5 degrees. I am honestly stoked to see all 6 being all to log now on the piggys as its a much needed feature, but its just so quick people forget that it was touted as not something that was important just a couple months ago.

How about any of your projects, oh you mean you have never built anything custom "

Today, 08:24 PM

leveraged sellout replied to the thread Is an E30 M3 DTM car a match for the new 2015 F80 M3 around the track?.
" Shocker, stripped-out purpose-built race car with concrete suspension, steel girder roll bars, sticky race slicks, and tons of downforce beats a street car. We should all know by now that this is expected. This is a cool comparison but meaningless.

Also, this is really the only time the M3 was a real "race car for the road"....the E36 and E46 were nothing of the kind, and both basically had warmed-over series production engines. Yes, I know...a FWD 2 series really sucks. But other than that, I have no problem with what BMW is doing...we already know that CF-intensive cars are coming very soon, weight will drop sharply after that. "

Today, 08:20 PM

Dirty Dog replied to the thread Wedge Log vs V8Bait Log.
"
Quote Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech View Post
Remember when everyone used to argue that 2-6 cylinder logging wasn't needed, and seeing #1 was giving you the whole story? Funny how everyone forgets that now that 6 Cyl logging is available for the JB...
Stirring sh!t as always.

How about those stage 3's. "

Today, 08:10 PM

Terry@BMS replied to the thread Wedge Log vs V8Bait Log.
" We've known MBT values for years but still glad the new feature is being put to good use! "

Today, 08:08 PM