What's on your mind?


[140]

Live Feed

Sticky replied to the thread Flash faux pas? Modern BMW turbo flash tuning capability is greatly overstated and not what you think it is.
"
Quote Originally Posted by leveraged sellout View Post
The small gains by that recent flash tune seem to look very much like the difference in the S63tu comp. tune, I could totally see that being the case here too.
To me it looks like a hot run vs. a cool run. "

Today, 08:42 PM

leveraged sellout replied to the thread Flash faux pas? Modern BMW turbo flash tuning capability is greatly overstated and not what you think it is.
" I understand what you're saying but my point is that back in 2012 and even the beginning of last year there were guys all over claiming to have this "hookup" at the dealer who would turn their car into a beast because it was the press tune. And then people started figuring out some M5s were making a ton more power than BMW said it was...and then we realized they all are because that's just what it does. I understand what you're saying completely...I guess my point is some people don't. There was a big, misinformed group of people that thought BMW was sending 750 hp M5s to the press and that if you had the right friends you could get this tune as well. No argument with you...I'm just kind of making a different point.

The small gains by that recent flash tune seem to look very much like the difference in the S63tu comp. tune, I could totally see that being the case here too. "

Today, 08:40 PM

mjmarovi replied to the thread BoostAddict Fantasy Football no mercy mega high roller no tears domination league 2014-2015.
" Hell yeah I'm in! I've got to defend that title son! It's going to be another Physical Altercation! haha "

Today, 08:37 PM

EvanL replied to the thread Catless pipes and DP Fix--now terrible MPG?.
"
Quote Originally Posted by SCGT View Post
Yeah. Bavarian Tech is a different cable and does vin lock.
Burger Tuning (forum sponsor, pretty sure it's ok to link) sells a single-vin cable here: http://www.burgertuning.com/scanner.html. Of note, the BBFlash utility does not consume a VIN, but using the Bavarian Technic application will. "

Today, 08:35 PM

Sticky replied to the thread Flash faux pas? Modern BMW turbo flash tuning capability is greatly overstated and not what you think it is.
"
Quote Originally Posted by leveraged sellout View Post
I've seen no evidence at all that there's a secret power-increasing press tune, simple as that.
You keep focusing on the power increase and as I keep saying you're missing it does other things namely disabling the CEL or limp mode for certain events.

Quote Originally Posted by leveraged sellout View Post
If it turns out that the S55 "tune" is just a leaked BMW file, then of course that's different. But right now we have no idea if this is the case. I would imagine they're probably working on a comp package for the M3/4 as well right now.
I would imagine they are too. I have no idea what file that is that is flashed but I doubt we will be seeing any independent testing to verify soon... "

Today, 08:35 PM

leveraged sellout replied to the thread Flash faux pas? Modern BMW turbo flash tuning capability is greatly overstated and not what you think it is.
" Well, because we'd know? It's not hard to compare performance data from every tested M5 and compare it to every personal M5 and see what the trend is. Plus dyno figures help. I've seen no evidence at all that there's a secret power-increasing press tune, simple as that.

If it turns out that the S55 "tune" is just a leaked BMW file, then of course that's different. But right now we have no idea if this is the case. I would imagine they're probably working on a comp package for the M3/4 as well right now. "

Today, 08:31 PM

ultimateracing335i replied to the thread BMS DP Fix Unavailable, Need new solution.
" I need help with a fix asap!!!! "

Today, 08:27 PM

lamia2super replied to the thread VM Top Mount ST Dyno.
" you should really test the car by driving it to Miami, FL and letting me drive it please "

Today, 08:18 PM

Sticky replied to the thread Amazing Race.
" Yes. "

Today, 08:18 PM

cturbos created the thread Amazing Race.
" Did you guys see this race?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kJarIo0cSY "

Today, 08:11 PM

bobS replied to the thread The Active Autowerke experience.
" Nice write up! A supercharged e92 m3 is a amazing beast, enjoy!

So your bearings looked perfect huh? That would shock a lot of people, not me though "

Today, 08:11 PM

135pats replied to the thread BoostAddict Fantasy Football no mercy mega high roller no tears domination league 2014-2015.
" Count me in though I don't know much about this whole football thing "

Today, 07:47 PM

135pats replied to the thread 2014-15 NFL Season Thread.
" I saw that, very cool. That must be the high level summary that opens most reports, the full report would have been far broader.

Greg Gabriel's work is scouting 101, along with Cosell that's more or less must read if it has their name attached to it.
Quote Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Fanasy Football League registation open: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ague-2014-2015
F yea "

Today, 07:44 PM

Sticky replied to the thread Flash faux pas? Modern BMW turbo flash tuning capability is greatly overstated and not what you think it is.
"
Quote Originally Posted by leveraged sellout View Post
My whole point is that any "press tune" clearly isn't doing anything for the power, as you say. And this "BMW Press Tune" for "more power"
How do you know? How do you know which cars have what file? There is no way to know. We do know there are press files though.

Quote Originally Posted by leveraged sellout View Post
What point is there to miss? My whole point is that there is no leaked press tune for M5s, and so far doesn't seem to be evidence of that happening with the S55 cars either. That's all I'm trying to say.
Actually, yes there is. "

Today, 07:39 PM

Sticky replied to the thread BoostAddict Fantasy Football no mercy mega high roller no tears domination league 2014-2015.
" Who won last year anyway? Or what were the standings? Since people didn't use their usernames it made it confusing. "

Today, 07:37 PM

Sticky replied to the thread 2014-15 NFL Season Thread.
" Fanasy Football League registation open: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...ague-2014-2015 "

Today, 07:36 PM