byPublished on 05-10-2010 06:18 PM
We have learned that BMW is potentially considering an M7. Why? The recent sightings of the Audi S8 testing and the rumor of it getting an uprated version of the RS6's V10 Twin Turbo with over 600 hp have BMW considering the idea.
BMW already has a V12 Twin Turbo in the 760 which puts out 535 hp and 560 lb-ft of torque using very small turbos. If this motor was mated with the X5/X6 M turbochargers it would result in a devastatingly powerful vehicle which would be more than an answer to the S8 and finally give BMW a direct rival to the S-Class AMG's. Due to the torque, the automatic transmission from the X5 and X6 M would be used. What else is interesting? The M7 would potentially be available in AWD.
Engine: Turbo V12 with M Twin Scroll Turbo Technology
Power: 650-700 hp @ 5200 rpm
Torque: 680-700 lb-ft @ 1800 rpm
Transmission: M Six Speed Sport Automatic Transmisison
Will it happen? Probably not, such a vehicle would be extremely expensive although this has never stopped Mercedes or Audi. If Audi continues to put pressure on BMW especially by testing the S8 and RS7 with uprated ...byPublished on 05-10-2010 03:19 AM
Now, we have had several discussions about ESS and I feel I was too aggressive in retrospect. However, today, I was reminded why I was so aggressive in pointing out what ESS does regarding misleading people with dyno graphs.
There was a discussion on e46fanatics regarding a blown motor by VF and ESS got dragged in. Roman@ESS then made this post:
Now, what is funny about this S54 setup? It is the exact same graph ESS used for an E92 M3 setup:
I am shocked, freaking shocked, they would actually not remember they posted the same graph for two different setups on two different cars and not realize that they would get caught. Now, you might be asking yourself, does ESS really mislead people this way with graphs?
Well, I honestly wanted ...byPublished on 05-10-2010 01:43 AMbyPublished on 05-07-2010 10:18 PM
This deserves a congratulations.
1. Stock w/ Powerchip 91 v.2 & CAI; 338 RWHP unknown torque
2. Supersprint Headers & CATS; w/ Powerchip 91 v.2 & CAI; 358 RWHP & 328 lb. ft torque
3. ESS S/C w/Supersprint Headers & CATS, 96mm pulley & 93 oct software @ 4.59 psi boost & 50/50 race gas; 479 RWHP & 396 torque
4. ESS S/C w/Supersprint Headers & CATS, 92mm pulley & 93 Oct software @ 6.27 psi boost & 50/50 race gas; 509 RWHP & 420 torque
So with headers, race gas, and more boost it crossed over the 500 whp which is very impressive.
Here is the graph:
...byPublished on 05-06-2010 06:13 PM
I will share some more information with you:
1) engine management- CP-E standback and profuel controller will be utilized.
2) Fuel System - Custom duel walbro fuel pumps with six additional injectors. The six injectors will be approximetely 180-210 cc and be positioned in a spacer between the engine and the intake manifold. Fabricating a new intake manifold was not worth the cost.
3) Exhaust Manifold - Equal Length Manifold
4) Turbo - GT37 Twin Scroll
5) Wastegates - Two Tial 38 mm Wastegates on each end of the exhaust manifold
6) Blow Off Valves - Two Blow Off Valves. One recirculates air, one blows off
7) Downpipe - 3 inch downpipe
8) Exhaust - 3 inch exhaust
9) Intercooler Piping - 3 inch too
...byPublished on 05-05-2010 08:27 PM
Here are pictures of the Evosport roll cage for the E92 BMW's. The car pictured here belongs to my friend Ramiz who is getting an S85 V10 twin turbo swap (details on that to come later.)
This is a very well done cage with excellent welds and piping that is extremely similar to the factory M3 GTS setup. Before someone asks, yes, this is not the finished product pictured here and the pipes can be painted of course.
$3200-$3400, contact evosport for more details: www.evosport.com
...byPublished on 05-04-2010 03:15 PM
The Z06 is a very fast car, but I think we expect a bit more of the stroker motor especially vs. a stock Z06. We have seen bolt on M6's beat Z06's so what is the deal? The stroker is great but simply does not seem to be worth the money for the performance. The Z06 pulls each and every time.
...byPublished on 05-02-2010 12:20 PM
Bimmerboost is quickly approaching the 1,000 member mark and to celebrate, we want to thank you, the members!
So what is this giveaway? BimmerBoost will add $1000 to any purchase made with any of our vendors. You can get $1,000 worth of parts or say buy a supercharger and get $1000 from BimmerBoost towards it. It is COMPLETELY up to you!
So what are the rules?
1. Only entries taken before the 1,000 member mark count.
2. Once we hit 1,000 members, the contest is over and a random drawing will take place. Drawing will be done by third party and entry list used will be put up as a word document before being cut up for everyone to download and look over.
How to enter?
1. Simply post in this thread to be added to the entry list along along with a link to pics of your car posted in a new thread in the media section here (if you are already a member and posted pics, you don't have to do it over again, simply link to that thread.)
Extra entries are available per referral! How to refer someone? Read this: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...eferral-System
Additional entry ...byPublished on 05-01-2010 08:59 AM
Here is a picture of the DCT Gear Sets. One controls the odd gears and one controls the even gears. As you know, the advantage is in almost instantaneous gear changes due to this as the next gear is already pre-selected. One could describe what you are looking at here as two clutches within one housing working together:
The outer one drives the odd gears and the inner the even gears. The clutch applies the torque to one gear set at the same time the other is being disconnected. This also generates tremendous heat and happens very, very quickly.
The gears themselves are very well done and are a high quality cut as you can see. No damage to the gears themselves was done. Compared the the GTR, it seems the DCT tranny, especially its first gear, is pretty damn strong in comparison. No need for new gears but SSP will explore all options and see if there is a need to strengthen anything here:
...byPublished on 04-30-2010 01:26 PM
Here is the new Dinan S3 135i. It includes the following:
1. Stage 3 Suspension System
It also includes Dinan badges and a couple other little knick knacks like aluminum pedals and an S3 serial number plaque.
The price is $12,568 as per my conversation with Dinan earlier today. Price if the parts are purchased individually? $12,369. There is no pricing advantage to buying the package together.
The difference from the S2 is the intake, carbon brace, and bushing kit and the bump in power to 408 hp. Oh, and the S3 badge and plaque.
Is it worth it? Well... that is up to you.
...byPublished on 04-29-2010 06:09 AM
We know the F10 M5 is coming and will be revealed this year most likely at the Paris Autoshow. There has been no word on the M6 and rumors have been floating around that BMW will not do an M6 in favor of a mid-engine car based on the Vision Efficient Dynamics concept.
The new 6 series is obviously coming and it makes little sense to us that an M6 would not be soon to follow. The previous generation M6 shared the M5's drivetrain just as the new M6 would be likely to. Too much development cost has been poured into the M5 to not take advantage of it in an M6. With M SUV's now and M branding ever expanding, an M6 will likely be coming soon sharing many similarities with the soon to be launched M5.
What would the new M6 be?
- Same Dual Clutch Transmission as M5
- Same S63B44 Twin Turbo V8 putting out 578 horsepower and 530 pound-feed of torque.
The differences would be similar to the previous M5 and M6 with the M6 being slightly lighter at around 100 pounds with a lower center of gravity for better handling and a carbon roof.
The ...byPublished on 04-28-2010 04:53 AMbyPublished on 04-27-2010 01:35 PM
Motor is very solid, these are great numbers early on. Everyone keep in mind, this dyno was posted on a brand new car that had not even been broken in yet. Motor is just slightly stronger than the N54 stock by the looks of it.
Car is a brand new 135i with DCT.