Close

    • In depth look at the Mercedes SLS AMG suspension + forged rim option wheel weights

      Insideline posted a great suspension walkaround for the new SLS AMG. They basically take an SLS and put it up on jackstands analyzing the suspension components. The SLS they use also has optional forged wheels which add an extra $2400 to the base price. Check out the details of the suspension components and wheels below.


































      This article was originally published in forum thread: In depth look at the Mercedes SLS AMG suspension + forged rim option wheel weights started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 8 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        This article by Insideline is worth taking a look at. I wish I had the budget to purchase an SLS and dissect it but... for now, this is the best we can bring you.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        i don't know how i missed this thread , very great found sticky.
        and that suspension is done very well , didn't expect that from Merc
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        and that suspension is done very well , didn't expect that from Merc
        Why not? Mercedes is very capable of incredibly suspension. The stuff you see here is way beyond anything BMW is putting out.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Why not? Mercedes is very capable of incredibly suspension. The stuff you see here is way beyond anything BMW is putting out.
        well they are really copable but not in the right direction. their main goal is being comfortable , that's a good thing but they also want to be comfortable while you drive sporty and that's when the things get wrong (minus SL65 Black Series). simply it can't be achieved and hurts the car's handling. but on SLS they forgot the routin ,and did something radical which is a good thing.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sorena Click here to enlarge
        well they are really copable but not in the right direction. their main goal is being comfortable , that's a good thing but they also want to be comfortable while you drive sporty and that's when the things get wrong (minus SL65 Black Series). simply it can't be achieved and hurts the car's handling. but on SLS they forgot the routin ,and did something radical which is a good thing.
        You are right but that is the thing. You can't just subtract the black series. Mercedes is catering to the masses and the hardcore at the same time and doing a brilliant job of it.
      1. deemo319's Avatar
        deemo319 -
        Uh, shouldn't they be doing this in a garage/shop somewhere?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deemo319 Click here to enlarge
        Uh, shouldn't they be doing this in a garage/shop somewhere?
        The SLS can go up on jackstands just like any car Click here to enlarge Looks cooler too.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by deemo319 Click here to enlarge
        Uh, shouldn't they be doing this in a garage/shop somewhere?
        never do this in your garage , even if your garage has it's own sun . i'm still looking for the lost part when i tried to fix my car's brake pads 5 years ago