Close

    • Maximum PSI built motor F80 M3 with Pure Turbos Stage 2 S55 upgrade goes 10.0@140 in the 1/4 mile

      So darn close to that elusive 9-second pass! You may remember this car last month ran 10.112 @ 139.07. Maximum PSI improved to a 10.026 @ 140.87 on a 1.672 60 foot time but that 9-second slip is still just out of reach.


      They are so close that cooler weather alone should get them there. HCP did the tune and they said they dialed out a bit of boost yet the car is running quicker and faster.

      You might recall that this car dyno'd 725 horsepower to the wheels last month. The mod list is the same:

      Built S55 motor
      Pure Turbos Stage 2 S55 turbochargers
      JB4 port fuel control.
      Maximum PSI keyed crank hub
      HCP / Maximum PSI ECU flash
      EOS Port Injection
      EOS S55 intake
      EOS Intercooler
      Maximum PSI charge pipes
      Maximum PSI downpipes
      Maximum PSI exhaust
      Fuel-It! fuel system
      Race fuel with meth injection

      It's just a matter of breaking into the 9's now.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Maximum PSI built motor F80 M3 with Pure Turbos Stage 2 S55 upgrade goes 10.0@140 in the 1/4 mile started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 12 Comments
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Nice! Take it to Atco and you'll probably be in the 9's LOL.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
        Nice! Take it to Atco and you'll probably be in the 9's LOL.
        They usually do run at Atco so just a matter of time.
      1. BPCMotorsports's Avatar
        BPCMotorsports -
        all these built motors coming out of the woodwork with the S55. Have we found the limit on the stock internals yet?
      1. NJ-M4's Avatar
        NJ-M4 -
        I found the limit. Slightly bent a rod at 700whp and 705lbft of torque back in the spring trying to get into the 9s. Forged rods and pistons going in mine as well.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BPCMotorsports Click here to enlarge
        all these built motors coming out of the woodwork with the S55. Have we found the limit on the stock internals yet?
        Not sure but I think some guys that had crank hub issues just said F it and built the whole thing at that point.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJ-M4 Click here to enlarge
        I found the limit. Slightly bent a rod at 700whp and 705lbft of torque back in the spring trying to get into the 9s. Forged rods and pistons going in mine as well.
        You have the 911 and a built motor M4?
      1. NJ-M4's Avatar
        NJ-M4 -
        Yep. Well sort of. I own both, but only have the 911 at the moment. The M4 is still in auto-cocoon awaiting parts.
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJ-M4 Click here to enlarge
        Yep. Well sort of. I own both, but only have the 911 at the moment. The M4 is still in auto-cocoon awaiting parts.
        I'm in a similar boat.

        Really looking forward to your M4 and what it puts down.
      1. NJ-M4's Avatar
        NJ-M4 -
        Ahhh, sorry to hear. Hopefully we both get our "other" cars back soon.
        I'll keep you posted when I get my M4 back and run it. Going to really abuse it now that'll have a built motor. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJ-M4 Click here to enlarge
        Ahhh, sorry to hear. Hopefully we both get our "other" cars back soon.
        I'll keep you posted when I get my M4 back and run it. Going to really abuse it now that'll have a built motor. Click here to enlarge
        Just keep me in the loop. Have a feeling it will be article worthy.
      1. Peter @ Pure/PTF's Avatar
        Peter @ Pure/PTF -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BPCMotorsports Click here to enlarge
        all these built motors coming out of the woodwork with the S55. Have we found the limit on the stock internals yet?
        I think the point is to keep torque around 630 lbft and not do 700 to keep rods alive. Or ofcourse you can upgrade them. Does maximum psi offer rods/pistons as well ? Or are they similar to what TPG offers?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Peter @ Pure/PTF Click here to enlarge
        Does maximum psi offer rods/pistons as well ? Or are they similar to what TPG offers?
        As @maximumpsi is not a vendor I'll point everyone toward TPG's rod/piston upgrade: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...d-package-3500