• Stock E92 M3 vs. E90 M3 with full Active Autowerke exhaust race video

      This video shows the difference between a bone stock E92 DCT M3 and an E90 M3 with the full Active Autowerke exhaust including sport cats. So, the E90 is not catless, and the exhaust is stated as its only mod, yet it puts buslengths on the E92. Color us skeptical as the difference is so large. It could be the exhaust is the only difference but the E90 pulls like a car with an exhaust and tune would, likely running higher octane fuel. The video description states speeds above the limiter were hit leading us to believe a tune is on the car and this was left out to exaggerate the difference. Either way, enjoy the video.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Stock E92 M3 vs. E90 M3 with full Active Autowerke exhaust race video started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 22 Comments
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        yea, way too much to be just an exhaust
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        yea, way too much to be just an exhaust
        Feels like a promotional vid.
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        Reminds me of when I raced drew when we were both NA....he had full bolt ons and tune, I had air filter and muffler....rolling from 2nd gear till around 130 it looked like he vid above
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        Reminds me of when I raced drew when we were both NA....he had full bolt ons and tune, I had air filter and muffler....rolling from 2nd gear till around 130 it looked like he vid above
        Yep, the vid above is what it looked like when I had bolt on's and a tune and I ran a stock 6 speed M3.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        WOW! I never thought an exhaust upgrade made that much difference on the e9x m3's.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by leo985i Click here to enlarge
        WOW! I never thought an exhaust upgrade made that much difference on the e9x m3's.
        That is because it doesn't.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I think the guy in the description of the video gave it away:



        How are they reaching 168 mph with the speed limiter in place? No speed limiter means they have a tune.
        bingo! I was thinking the same thing.
      1. leo985i's Avatar
        leo985i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        That is because it doesn't.
        Yeah I read the other post too late. Makes more sense now.
      1. BrenM3's Avatar
        BrenM3 -
        I'm 99% sure even though the video says that - that it was disclosed the car is full bolt ons tune/filter/pulley/exhaust from AA vs. stock. If you search youll find it. I think Ryan@aa posted it.

        The details were posted on on bimmerpost. AA wasn't being honest or plain dumb to the mods on the car.
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        I have to say exhaust makes a pretty big difference. When I ran drew he was fully modded NA and I had just a muffler/filter, he beat my by around 6 car lengths probably, was a huge gap. Then I raced him again, his car was still the same and I had the full Akrapovic exhaust w/ 100 cell cats and filter, but w/ no tune and no other mods and I would have to say the gap closed by half at least...he was probably 3 car lengths, the difference the exhaust made was pretty big.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        im actually surprised ad the distance between a FBO and stock. i would have thought it to be closer. im gonna search for FBO vs S/c vids now. im impressed with the performance of the platform itself
      1. ERM324's Avatar
        ERM324 -
        Naturally aspirated with FBO and DCT the S65 is very fast - I've seen them pull on M5/M6's and run even with OETuned C63's.....much quicker than I had originally thought
      1. BrenM3's Avatar
        BrenM3 -
        FBO is such a lame term LOL Just like BPU++++++

        I have mostly all the bolt ons (filter/pulley/exhaust/stock x pipe with 1 kat delete), custom tune for 93 octane. And make about 25 more whp then drew's did on a similar dyno. Car went 118 a bunch of times on heavy wheels full weight with the t/c on. I am going to get a real X pipe installed, we will retune for it and take a little weight out and go for 120.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
        I'm 99% sure even though the video says that - that it was disclosed the car is full bolt ons tune/filter/pulley/exhaust from AA vs. stock. If you search youll find it. I think Ryan@aa posted it.

        The details were posted on on bimmerpost. AA wasn't being honest or plain dumb to the mods on the car.
        Well, glad I questioned it then.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        I have to say exhaust makes a pretty big difference. When I ran drew he was fully modded NA and I had just a muffler/filter, he beat my by around 6 car lengths probably, was a huge gap. Then I raced him again, his car was still the same and I had the full Akrapovic exhaust w/ 100 cell cats and filter, but w/ no tune and no other mods and I would have to say the gap closed by half at least...he was probably 3 car lengths, the difference the exhaust made was pretty big.
        The exhaust does make a pretty big difference. Just not that big, but add a tune and it is impressive.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        im actually surprised ad the distance between a FBO and stock. i would have thought it to be closer. im gonna search for FBO vs S/c vids now. im impressed with the performance of the platform itself
        Yep, and I remember when that 335 owner with the RDsport tune learned this from me first hand. That was a glorious day, people underestimate this car still.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ERM324 Click here to enlarge
        Naturally aspirated with FBO and DCT the S65 is very fast - I've seen them pull on M5/M6's and run even with OETuned C63's.....much quicker than I had originally thought
        Yes, exactly. In th early days when I said I beat M5's people on M5board said I was making it up... I mean, wtf.
      1. DD GT3 RD's Avatar
        DD GT3 RD -
        what is FBO?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        what is FBO?
        Full bolt on's.
      1. Brey335i's Avatar
        Brey335i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD Click here to enlarge
        what is FBO?
        On the M3? Expensive...