Close

    • BimmerBoost member going for 8's in the 1/4 mile with his built motor F10 M5 S63TU

      8 seconds in the 1/4 mile with an M5? Talk about a lofty goal. It is not as unrealistic as you might think as the person attempting to do it was the first to break into the 9's with the F10 M5.


      @allmotor_2000 since sold that 9-second F10 M5 and picked up another as a project car. He is going all out with a motor build and a new turbo setup.

      Who is doing the S63TU motor build? SD Autotech. This is Steve Dinan's new venture. The engine builder does work for BMW endurance engines so you can rest assured it will be done right. We are talking forged internals, ported heads, and new cams.

      As for the drivetrain an SSP Spec R clutch upgrade is utilized along with DSS axles and a DSS carbon fiber driveshaft.

      As for tuning the ECU will be handled by DME Tuning and a JB4 with a per-bank external wastegate BCM is incorporated.

      Now how will fueling be handled? Good question. This is not being revealed at this time. Methanol is involved but the other fuel system upgrades are being kept secret for now.

      A completion date at the end of this month (October) is the target.

      Let's hope it all comes together and we see an 8-second F10 M5!














      This article was originally published in forum thread: BimmerBoost member going for 8's in the 1/4 mile with his built motor F10 M5 S63TU started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 13 Comments
      1. BPCMotorsports's Avatar
        BPCMotorsports -
        We wish Rom all the best!
      1. allmotor_2000's Avatar
        allmotor_2000 -
        A lot more to figure out (like the drivetrain... �� ) - it’s a journey!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 Click here to enlarge
        A lot more to figure out (like the drivetrain... �� ) - it’s a journey!
        I'm really curious about the fueling.

        Also, what cams are these? Custom? Something Dinan does for race teams?
      1. lfelunden's Avatar
        lfelunden -
        To hit 8s in this car it has to be stripped out and have above 1200whp. Maybe even spray it.

        We got mercedes M157 with $#@! high power than can barely get to 9s and that is with AWD Click here to enlarge

        Wish you the best luck, if I can help let me know.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
        To hit 8s in this car it has to be stripped out and have above 1200whp. Maybe even spray it.

        We got mercedes M157 with $#@! high power than can barely get to 9s and that is with AWD Click here to enlarge

        Wish you the best luck, if I can help let me know.
        I'll post some details on the turbo upgrade shortly. I have no idea what they are going to hit but I'm venturing to guess this will be the most powerful F10 out there.
      1. allmotor_2000's Avatar
        allmotor_2000 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lfelunden Click here to enlarge
        To hit 8s in this car it has to be stripped out and have above 1200whp. Maybe even spray it.

        We got mercedes M157 with $#@! high power than can barely get to 9s and that is with AWD Click here to enlarge

        Wish you the best luck, if I can help let me know.
        Yes, that's about right. Other issue is traction as we would need a 1.3x type 60-foot to get there! It's a goal... may take a while, but we need goals in life Click here to enlarge
      1. Payam@BMS's Avatar
        Payam@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 Click here to enlarge
        Yes, that's about right. Other issue is traction as we would need a 1.3x type 60-foot to get there! It's a goal... may take a while, but we need goals in life Click here to enlarge
        Im sure it can be done!!
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        obviously will need smaller rotors so you can get 15's on there with wrinkle wall slicks, not to mention a chute

        maybe some carbon rims? i wonder if they would sponsor you so they can get real world stress-test data?

        The weight's an issue for sure but if a 4,000lb 2015 camaro can do 8's so can a 4,000lbs M5
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        I didn't know Dinan built real performance stuff. Their $1200 bull$#@! tunes seem like even more of an embarrassment now LOL.
      1. allmotor_2000's Avatar
        allmotor_2000 -
        SDAutotech (not Dinan Engineering) is just building the motor.... engine needs to be reliable and able to withstand reasonable abuse without going too far from the parameters BMW designed this around. Plus Steve does know all the other weaknesses we normally overlook during an engine build beyond stronger internals.

        i am doing everything else elsewhere related to fuel, tuning, turbo, cooling etc.
      1. kbaldi29's Avatar
        kbaldi29 -
        Can't wait to see this, like always, time and effort is the biggest challenge, and I'm sure we will be seeing a very fast F10 very soon!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 Click here to enlarge
        SDAutotech (not Dinan Engineering) is just building the motor.... engine needs to be reliable and able to withstand reasonable abuse without going too far from the parameters BMW designed this around. Plus Steve does know all the other weaknesses we normally overlook during an engine build beyond stronger internals.

        i am doing everything else elsewhere related to fuel, tuning, turbo, cooling etc.
        Who is doing the cams?
      1. kbaldi29's Avatar
        kbaldi29 -
        Cams are gonna be fun stuff to see... Even more to get to see what is the improvement from them, considering that lift and duration is what makes a cam better than other, but in this case where both get controlled by ECU on this car Im very curious what you can get out of them... And in all honesty, very curious whos gonna be the master mind tuning the 1.5 million tables related to valve lift!!! Are you guys improving the OEM ball bearings on the cam journals also? That right there could be the main reason to buy them... A bearing tougher than factory alone would sell those, considering some of them go bad at very low mileage (when pushing all the boost and horses)