Close

    • Active Autowerke offering Stage I & II F80 M3 & F82 M4 S55 ECU flash tuning + upgraded turbo tuning - 150+ hp gains, exhaust burble, cold start delete, etc.

      It is great to see Active Autowerke doing ECU flash tuning on newer turbo BMW's. As you recall, Active Autowerke also has their Active-8 tuning box for the S55 platform which they released a couple years ago. They have ECU flash tuning for the S55 platform now as well.


      The results are impressive to say the least. They can accommodate stock turbos and upgraded turbos. The bottom graph is with the Pure Stage 2 turbochargers:


      Unfortunately the graphs are a bit low resolution so it is difficult to see the peak figures.

      The first graph shows a stock S55 going from 381 rear wheel horsepower to 441 rear wheel horsepower. That is a gain of 60 horsepower at the wheels on a Mustang dyno. A very solid gain.

      The second graph is a ZCP or Competition Package car with a Stage 2 tune. The tuned peak horsepower figure shows 479 wheel horsepower but the torque figure is hard to read. It is closing in on 500 lb-ft of torque at the wheels though. A gain of over 100 lb-ft at the wheels over stock.

      With the Pure Turbos Stage 2 upgrade output goes up to 525 wheel horsepower. Torque hits 529 lb-ft at the wheels. Phenomenal output on their Mustang dyno.

      Key Features:
      Up to 150whp Horspower gains throughout RPM range
      Higher torque over factory settings through RPM range
      Recallibrated settings for a smoother and more responsive part throttle transition
      Recallibrated settings for a smoother and more responsive power delivery
      Modified Vanos camshaft remapping
      Available "Burble" Maps
      Free tech support and assistance
      Multiple maps available for flashing at home (after initial reflash)

      Available Options:
      Cold start delete
      Stage 1 or Stage 2 maps for 91-93 octane
      Off Road Only Downpipe Map
      Multiple Burble Options
      Tuner flag removal
      OBD Flashing Option

      Performance Specs:
      Up to 120hp gains : Rear wheel HP measured on the dyno
      Up to 120 Ft / LBs gains : Rear wheel FT/LBs measured on the dyno

      Software Purchase Options:

      When you purchase software for your F8X BMW, you will be required to:

      1) Locate an Active Autowerke approved F8X Software Dealer and have it installed there

      or

      2) Remove and mail Active Autowerke your ECU and we will install the software. Same day turnaround on all software with free 2nd day air to lower 48 states. See Tech Support for details on removal and mailing of ECU. Click here for Instructions on Removing ECU

      -After the initial reflash, you are able to flash different maps from us with a Simon 3 cable that available for an additional $225. If you choose not to purchase a Simon 3 cable we will flash your ECU with a custom map at your request.

      We provide up to (4) custom maps (at no additional cost) when you purchase a Simon 3 cable with your F8X Performance Software!



      ***Your ECU must be taken to an approved Active Autowerke F8X dealer for the initial flash, or it must be shipped to Active Autowerke before you are able to load our maps with a Simon 3 cable from your home.

      DME sent to us Msrp: $1000

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Active Autowerke| F8X M3 M4 HIGH PERFORMANCE SOFTWARE TUNING started by Andrew@activeautowerke View original post
      Comments 25 Comments
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Multiple Burble Options
        A key feature no doubt Click here to enlarge
      1. xxxm3's Avatar
        xxxm3 -
        wow - AA and nearly 95% of all "normal" tuners can do this...
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxxm3 Click here to enlarge
        wow - AA and nearly 95% of all "normal" tuners can do this...
        What do you want exactly? To push the turbos out of efficiency range for glory pulls? This is a solid tune...
      1. BPCMotorsports's Avatar
        BPCMotorsports -
        Carl and the team at AA made a great tune with this one. More options the better. Some people dont understand brand loyalty. If someone really loves AA and has all of their stuff, they dont want someone elses tune, they know and trust AA. So now that AA has a tune, that person finally feels complete.
      1. 1fastm3's Avatar
        1fastm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
        Yes it will.

        Excellent
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BPCMotorsports Click here to enlarge
        Carl and the team at AA made a great tune with this one. More options the better. Some people dont understand brand loyalty. If someone really loves AA and has all of their stuff, they dont want someone elses tune, they know and trust AA. So now that AA has a tune, that person finally feels complete.
        Not only that a reliable tune with plenty of features.

        Plus I trust AA's tune more than whatever random person is reselling software and calling themselves a tuner in the BMW world today.
      1. xxxm3's Avatar
        xxxm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky2 Click here to enlarge
        What do you want exactly? To push the turbos out of efficiency range for glory pulls? This is a solid tune...
        no idea what u want and talking about - just say it's really nothing special anymore to do a tune for this cars...other companys also don't get a promo for their "solid tune" here
      1. xxxm3's Avatar
        xxxm3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Not only that a reliable tune with plenty of features.

        Plus I trust AA's tune more than whatever random person is reselling software and calling themselves a tuner in the BMW world today.
        yes? and u know the programmer of AA and he can come here and tell us why he mod which maps and how and why this is better "and more safe" like of some "random tuners"?
        Guys, the tuningworld is a big fake, there is a hand full of people which program files - not cause only they can handle it - but cause they have the damos, a2l, documentation u need to do a tune on it.
        Rest is copy and paste - or stupid piggybacks... but believe in a bubble and spend your money
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxxm3 Click here to enlarge
        yes? and u know the programmer of AA and he can come here and tell us why he mod which maps and how and why this is better "and more safe" like of some "random tuners"?
        Guys, the tuningworld is a big fake, there is a hand full of people which program files - not cause only they can handle it - but cause they have the damos, a2l, documentation u need to do a tune on it.
        Rest is copy and paste - or stupid piggybacks... but believe in a bubble and spend your money
        AA has been in business three decades. I think they know what they're doing...
      1. Andrew@activeautowerke's Avatar
        Andrew@activeautowerke -
        Its extremely Difficult to separate your self from the other "tuners'' out there now a days since they are all pushing the same exact file and customers honestly have no idea what they are purchasing. I can tell you all of our tunes were created on the dyno specifically for the customers needs and Im not just talking about burbles here. We have tunes for customers who may be tracking their car and dont want 500+ tq below 4k rpm while some of the street cars want as much low end power as possible. Every tune purchase comes with 3 maps of your choice when you also purchase a tuning cable.

        S55's We have custom tuned
        -M4 gts
        -M4 pure stage 2
        -M3 zcp 2016
        M3 zcp 2017
        Various non comp with bolt ons.
      1. VF-Engineering's Avatar
        VF-Engineering -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
        Its extremely Difficult to separate your self from the other "tuners'' out there now a days since they are all pushing the same exact file and customers honestly have no idea what they are purchasing.
        While we agree with you here, it's these sorts of posts that are creating
        the skepticism about whichever "other tuners" people will speculate that
        you are referring to.

        Maybe it's just easier these days to create doubt about others; But why
        not just be satisfied with the ability to post your own testing data an
        results, and then allow the consumer to read between the lines?



        Heck, we were the first company to offer authentic GTS Features for the
        F8X / S55 while offering multiple port flash-able MAP options, and people
        still claimed we were selling "canned tunes" just like "everyone else", when
        there was really no one else offering anything remotely similar at that point.

        The best thing a tuner can do in today's market is to be proud of their
        facilities, equipment, and capabilities - show off what you're working with,
        post your own dyno results and testing data - and let the customer reviews
        and independent results reflect how good the product really is!

        Those of us who have been in the game for decades (which includes the
        folks are Active Autowerke
        ) know how easy it is to buy a file and distribute
        it under your own brand, but we should also be confident in the fact that the
        cream will rise to the top and trust that people will be able to spot the less
        than credible tuners on their own.




      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xxxm3 Click here to enlarge
        no idea what u want and talking about - just say it's really nothing special anymore to do a tune for this cars...other companys also don't get a promo for their "solid tune" here
        Not every company is a vendor here.

        Sorry if you don't find it 'special' and I have no idea what you expect. A good tune with good features is appreciated so... um thanks?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
        Its extremely Difficult to separate your self from the other "tuners'' out there now a days since they are all pushing the same exact file and customers honestly have no idea what they are purchasing.
        Exactly this.
      1. Andrew@activeautowerke's Avatar
        Andrew@activeautowerke -
        Well anyone who cant create a custom map is mostly just copy and pasting. This also means they will have no idea how to fix any issues you may have. Now Im not going to go through all the "new" tuners as I don't have time. Customers will have to do a little research on their purchase and this includes calling their shop and asking questions and not just going by the price or gimmick features. As for data I have 3 dynos posted above and im just a Pm away.
      1. 1fastm3's Avatar
        1fastm3 -
        Oh. My. God.

        Just had the Comp flash w/ AA tune on top flashed to my F80 ....

        I’ve only driven 20 kilometers but god damn ... my AWRON gauge showed 500 ft-lb of torque at 21lbs of boost. This by no means is the limit of the tune, but it’s all I could safely find in town ������

        This tune is insane!!!!!

        I can’t wait to get my winter tires off ��������

        Maybe a dyno tomorrow with time permitting. If not, late December
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1fastm3 Click here to enlarge
        Oh. My. God.

        Just had the Comp flash w/ AA tune on top flashed to my F80 ....

        I’ve only driven 20 kilometers but god damn ... my AWRON gauge showed 500 ft-lb of torque at 21lbs of boost. This by no means is the limit of the tune, but it’s all I could safely find in town ������

        This tune is insane!!!!!

        I can’t wait to get my winter tires off ��������

        Maybe a dyno tomorrow with time permitting. If not, late December
        You have to get a dyno after that post...
      1. Andrew@activeautowerke's Avatar
        Andrew@activeautowerke -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1fastm3 Click here to enlarge
        Oh. My. God.

        Just had the Comp flash w/ AA tune on top flashed to my F80 ....

        I’ve only driven 20 kilometers but god damn ... my AWRON gauge showed 500 ft-lb of torque at 21lbs of boost. This by no means is the limit of the tune, but it’s all I could safely find in town ������

        This tune is insane!!!!!

        I can’t wait to get my winter tires off ��������

        Maybe a dyno tomorrow with time permitting. If not, late December

        Thats the tune im currently running and burning tires with Click here to enlarge Enjoy!
      1. 1fastm3's Avatar
        1fastm3 -
        I will attempt to get back to my shop late December/mid January. Yesterday unfortunately didn’t work out Click here to enlarge
      1. 1fastm3's Avatar
        1fastm3 -
        Attachment 55666

        Will see how accurate this is
      1. Andrew@activeautowerke's Avatar
        Andrew@activeautowerke -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 1fastm3 Click here to enlarge
        Attachment 55666

        Will see how accurate this is
        Thats crazy 477 is exactly what our mustang dyno shows.