Close

    • EMP Tuning claims to have most powerful BMW N54 with 889 rwhp single turbo E92 335i

      889 rear wheel horsepower definitely is a ton of power. It also puts the N54 on the verge of breaking into that 9XX range people are eagerly anticipating. It likely also is no coincidence this pull comes hot on the heels of Motiv posting an 869 wheel run saying they have much more left in it.


      Now, the graph here is not the prettiest. The Motiv power curve is much cleaner (although they did not show a torque curve):


      As for the specs EMP Tuning has yet to respond (forgivable as it is the weekend) but it is a Doc Race single turbo kit. Boost is around 38 psi and the car is on the factory cams. Motiv's built motor setup with Schrick cams is definitely more efficient.

      More info to come but clearly there are a few N54's vying for that top spot at the moment. 9XX and more will come shortly.

      Quote Originally Posted by EMP Tuning
      Only reason why we stopped is the wastegate spring wasn't large enough for what we were aiming for. Hence the dip in the graph since it goes to 38 psi and drops down to 32.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: EMP Tuning claims to have most powerful BMW N54 with 889 rwhp single turbo E92 335i started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 27 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Better engine bay shot:

        Click here to enlarge
      1. SpeedLimit?'s Avatar
        SpeedLimit? -
        German dyno queens...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SpeedLimit? Click here to enlarge
        German dyno queens...
        So it is the new Supra...

        Click here to enlarge
      1. SpeedLimit?'s Avatar
        SpeedLimit? -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        So it is the new Supra...

        Click here to enlarge
        I'd agree if Supra's weren't drag raced as regularly as they were. The import drag racing scene of the early 2000s kept them from being mostly dyno queens.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        As for the fuel system: Stage 4 fuel it bucketless with 750cc injectors
      1. topher454's Avatar
        topher454 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        As for the fuel system: Stage 4 fuel it bucketless with 750cc injectors
        must be turn off than, afr is high
      1. AWSAWS's Avatar
        AWSAWS -
        Yes what's going on with that afr line?
      1. Abacus38's Avatar
        Abacus38 -
        No the reason why the AFR us high is because the 02 sensor was blown out of the tail pipe
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Built engine, I assume?
      1. Abacus38's Avatar
        Abacus38 -
        Yes Motiv motor
      1. jt0407's Avatar
        jt0407 -
        Nitrous on the run?
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Abacus38 Click here to enlarge
        Yes Motiv motor
        Nice, that thing is ridiculous. Any vids?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jt0407 Click here to enlarge
        Nitrous on the run?
        Boost only from what they say.
      1. Ericbh77's Avatar
        Ericbh77 -
        Just curious how many break in miles you put on the motor before you put it on the dyno.
      1. MDORPHN's Avatar
        MDORPHN -
        Most folks with built motors break them in on a dyno.

        Neil
      1. Ericbh77's Avatar
        Ericbh77 -
        Really? Hmm I assumed you'd want to let the rings seat and bolts stretch and re-torque them first before doing a wide open pull.
      1. MDORPHN's Avatar
        MDORPHN -
        Yes, there is a system for breaking-in a motor on a dyno so rings get properly seated.

        No need to re-torque bolts.

        Only after break-in do you do pulls to measure power.

        Neil
      1. jt0407's Avatar
        jt0407 -
        You break in the motor on how you want it to run.
      1. Abacus38's Avatar
        Abacus38 -
        Def not using spray on that run. TQ would have been way up in the 4-5k range.
      1. TEC's Avatar
        TEC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jt0407 Click here to enlarge
        You break in the motor on how you want it to run.
        I disagree. There is a three step process involved if you want to do it correctly and not have issues later.