Close

    • Sale of Powerchip falls through - Wayne Besanko still involved

      People behind the scenes have been aware for a few weeks now that a sale of Powerchip was in the process of being completed. We did not report on it as a courtesy but we learned that the sale fell through and now can reveal what took place without having an affect on the outcome. Wayne Besanko attempted to sell Powerchip to an Asian investor he had been in talks with previously. This took place after the fall out from the performance forums debacle in which Powerchip's image took a huge hit and this spread to almost every forum and major blog.

      We learned from several sources that Wayne was going to sell Powerchip to this investor and retire from the business as he had his fill of it. This generally excited both former and current Powerchip employees we spoke to as the problem with Powerchip has been, well, Wayne Besanko. With Wayne out of the picture permanently it would pave the road to Powerchip's recovery (such as returning to this site, among others) and to once again be a serious option. Current and former employees were excited by this development as they have received nothing but a string of bad news as of late.

      The sale was to be for a large figure which we will not say. In previous years, Powerchip would have easily been able to get this amount from this investor and likely others. It would seem that Wayne pulled the rug out from underneath himself as word spread with what he was doing on the internet, attacking everyone and destroying the brand name. If you search for Wayne Besanko on google, what you find now is "Powerchip are a bunch of cunts." It would seem the investor eventually heard of this and sale fell through.

      It seems Wayne's actions finally caught up with him and that reality set in on just how much damage he had done and how much he had hurt himself. Wayne has now pulled back from the daily operation of Powerchip and has hired a manager to take over for him. We hope his retreat to the background is permanent and we know many currently involved with him and in the past would like nothing more than for this to happen.

      It would also seem that current Powerchip dealers (guess who?) are exploring other options as they have grown tired of dealing with Wayne and the chaos he has created. Quite simply, Wayne Besanko has exhausted the patience of everyone due to erratic behavior which has gotten more and more eccentric due to issues in his personal life. We wish we could say we feel sorry for him, but we don't. Looks like that retirement will have to wait



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Sale of Powerchip falls through - Wayne Besanko still involved started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 21 Comments
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        lmaoo^^^ haha.

        so wait he couldnt sell it so he hired a manager to take his place and to redo all the crap he did to the company
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        so wait he couldnt sell it so he hired a manager to take his place and to redo all the crap he did to the company
        Yes, the manager should be taking over.

        He couldn't sell it. I feel bad for all the people who wanted Wayne to be gone as he has really taken a toll on company morale.

        Hopefully this manager gets things going in the right direction but as long as Wayne's name is attached to Powerchip, it is going to be a problem.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Yes, the manager should be taking over.

        He couldn't sell it. I feel bad for all the people who wanted Wayne to be gone as he has really taken a toll on company morale.

        Hopefully this manager gets things going in the right direction but as long as Wayne's name is attached to Powerchip, it is going to be a problem.
        he needs to go on a vacation till $#@! gets better with their company.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
        he needs to go on a vacation till $#@! gets better with their company.
        That would mean it would need to be a permanent vacation.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        That would mean it would need to be a permanent vacation.
        Haha i knew you were gonna say that
      1. BigM62's Avatar
        BigM62 -
        I don't know Besanko from the Pope, but from his picture, but from his picture, it looks like he got beat up alot as a kid.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge

        he doesnt deserve to retire yet Click here to enlarge
      1. BrenM3's Avatar
        BrenM3 -
        What happened with the sale?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
        What happened with the sale?
        I thought I explained it pretty well, the buyer backed out likely due to well... you know Click here to enlarge
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I thought I explained it pretty well, the buyer backed out likely due to well... you know Click here to enlarge
        Why did you put "falls through" you should have put falls short... Its misleading
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        Why did you put "falls through" you should have put falls short... Its misleading
        What? Not misleading at all, the deal fell through.
      1. Wayne Besanko's Avatar
        Wayne Besanko -
        Still for Sale: Will trade the business today only for a decent set of M3 rims and the business card of a defamation lawyer with solid credentials.... Assets include/and arent limited to: A used truck gearbox, a sturdy desk phone that can be held firmly in anger and spat into, and a jar containing bubushka's dentures....
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wayne Besanko Click here to enlarge
        Still for Sale: Will trade the business today only for a decent set of M3 rims and the business card of a defamation lawyer with solid credentials.... Assets include/and arent limited to: A used truck gearbox, a sturdy desk phone that can be held firmly in anger and spat into, and a jar containing bubushka's dentures....
        lol, thats $#@!in great! Click here to enlarge perfect timing too
      1. JonMartin's Avatar
        JonMartin -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wayne Besanko Click here to enlarge
        Still for Sale: Will trade the business today only for a decent set of M3 rims and the business card of a defamation lawyer with solid credentials.... Assets include/and arent limited to: A used truck gearbox, a sturdy desk phone that can be held firmly in anger and spat into, and a jar containing bubushka's dentures....
        Does it matter if the wheels are curbed...
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        lmfao... so wrong
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wayne Besanko Click here to enlarge
        Still for Sale: Will trade the business today only for a decent set of M3 rims and the business card of a defamation lawyer with solid credentials.... Assets include/and arent limited to: A used truck gearbox, a sturdy desk phone that can be held firmly in anger and spat into, and a jar containing bubushka's dentures....
        This.... IS GREAT.

        Seems some people negatively rated it and misunderstood this isn't the real Wayne Besanko... or is it?
      1. Wayne Besanko's Avatar
        Wayne Besanko -
        Come on guys, there is some extra stock there. About 250 chips, 30 of these are Lotus Elise chips guaranteed to give you an extra 1kw for $1049....
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wayne Besanko Click here to enlarge
        Come on guys, there is some extra stock there. About 250 chips, 30 of these are Lotus Elise chips guaranteed to give you an extra 1kw for $1049....
        1kw for $1049? No wonder you have such a booming business.
      1. Wayne Besanko's Avatar
        Wayne Besanko -
        Compare it to a Lambo, 350kw for $350,000... Seems a fair price for a superior chip.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wayne Besanko Click here to enlarge
        Compare it to a Lambo, 350kw for $350,000... Seems a fair price for a superior chip.
        I stand in awe of your ability and fair prices.