Close

    • F80 M3 with Pure Turbos Stage 2 S55 upgrade runs 10.25@136 on the stock fuel system - No methanol, no supplemental port fuel injection

      What witchcraft is responsible for this? This is a BMW F80 M3 with a completely stock internal S55 motor. If that was not impressive in its own right (and it is a stock internal S55 record) the car is on the factory fuel system only with race gas.


      How is this being pulled off? You would have to ask the tuner. Here is the full mod list:

      F80 S55 M3 DCT

      -Pure Turbos Stage 2 S55
      -BEF Precision Tuning
      -Dodson clutches
      -Race Fuel
      -Intakes
      -Exhuast
      -DP
      -Jb4

      "NO Meth Or PI, ONLY race fuel"

      The no meth or port injection is being stressed strongly here and it should be. It's incredible.

      As for the power, the dyno shows 652 rear wheel horsepower and 653 lb-ft of rear wheel torque.


      Timeslip and video in potato quality below.




      This article was originally published in forum thread: F80 M3 with Pure Turbos Stage 2 S55 upgrade runs 10.25@136 on the stock fuel system - No methanol, no supplemental port fuel injection started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 20 Comments
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        AND We have a brand new member of the "Cut off the bottom axis, post a $#@!ty cell phone dyno graph club"....Click here to enlarge Anyways, not sure what you mean by witch craft, they are using Race gas, the F8X series already has a robust Brushless intank pump, and dual HPFP's on Race gas that power is easily possible. Its when you add Ethanol that things get a little trickier. The time does seem a little low for that power level, what was this 1 million negative density altitude? Either way its damn impressive. Makes that fully stripped, fully built car, with a PARACHUTE on it running, .2 10th's faster look kind of silly doesn't it....Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
      1. bigdaddyaaron's Avatar
        bigdaddyaaron -
        better video:
      1. Newguy123's Avatar
        Newguy123 -
        Pretty sick! stock fuel system and bolt on mods will get you a low 10's s55.zz congrats to all involved in that Click here to enlarge
      1. Pure Turbos's Avatar
        Pure Turbos -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        AND We have a brand new member of the "Cut off the bottom axis, post a $#@!ty cell phone dyno graph club"....Click here to enlarge Anyways, not sure what you mean by witch craft, they are using Race gas, the F8X series already has a robust Brushless intank pump, and dual HPFP's on Race gas that power is easily possible. Its when you add Ethanol that things get a little trickier. The time does seem a little low for that power level, what was this 1 million negative density altitude? Either way its damn impressive. Makes that fully stripped, fully built car, with a PARACHUTE on it running, .2 10th's faster look kind of silly doesn't it....Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
        This is 24psi tapering up to 30psi. It seems you have a lot to say in Pure threads lately. Our biggest fan, lol. Here's the full graph for your viewing pleasure.

        Attachment 54330
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pure Turbos Click here to enlarge
        This is 24psi tapering up to 30psi. It seems you have a lot to say in Pure threads lately. Our biggest fan, lol. Here's the full graph for your viewing pleasure.

        Attachment 54330
        Oh is that so? Care to share the links of all your threads I have been saying a "LOT" in? I think you mean, us posting that or stage 2turbos out spool yours by 500RPM, flow more up top, and easily took the Stock motor record first time out? Then you texting Chris, and crying your eyes out about it. Oh lets not forget contacting Jason, and crying about our post so we get a 1 month sit down. Yes he told us you reported us. When you are doing things others can't they get a little rustled. See ya at the next event Jess! Try to look me in the eye this time, well unless your "shoes are untied" again.... Click here to enlarge

        Ps. That dyno looks great. 500WTQ at 3750 compared to ours at 3250...Click here to enlarge
      1. Pure Turbos's Avatar
        Pure Turbos -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Oh is that so? Care to share the links of all your threads I have been saying a "LOT" in? I think you mean, us posting that or stage 2turbos out spool yours by 500RPM, flow more up top, and easily took the Stock motor record first time out? Then you texting Chris, and crying your eyes out about it. Oh lets not forget contacting Jason, and crying about our post so we get a 1 month sit down. Yes he told us you reported us. When you are doing things others can't they get a little rustled. See ya at the next event Jess! Try to look me in the eye this time, well unless your "shoes are untied" again.... Click here to enlarge
        Lol wow. Take your meds this morning? The real Tony is shown here once again. Not a good look man.

        The complaining I've done talking to Chris (because he can actually communicate like a normal human being), is about you trolling our threads like you're doing right now! He ASKED me to make him aware of it. You see, trying to solve problems by talking directly to the source, like a grown up adult. Also, Jason from TPG sent that to me. I lol'd and sent it to Chris to show him what his boss is up to. Soliciting to our customers through PM. lol, so funny! Report you to who? Don't even know what you're talking about. Also don't know what you mean about looking at you or my shoes? It seems like a lot of this is all created in your head. Click here to enlarge

        There's a lot I don't say, out of respect for you and your business. You should consider doing the same. Instead of bouncing around trying to pick fights. Very immature bud. I've told you so many times now: Grow up, you're acting childish.
      1. quattr0's Avatar
        quattr0 -
        Very impressive! Congrats!

        Will you gent @Pure Turbos make a set for us P-car 991.2 owners in the near the future?
      1. 7to3_enthusiast's Avatar
        7to3_enthusiast -
        This is insane. My turbo e46 might just have to go up for sale once these start coming down in price
      1. pr3ci5n335i's Avatar
        pr3ci5n335i -
        Well done guys Click here to enlarge
      1. NJ-M4's Avatar
        NJ-M4 -
        The magician responsible for this witchcraft is the one and only Kevin Baldi. He's the man.
      1. harry's Avatar
        harry -
        For the race fuel what is it actually? Is it leaded or unleaded ect?
      1. Bowser330's Avatar
        Bowser330 -
        what tires were used? some wheel spin but hooked up and gone!
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        This is pretty damn impressive. Having to upgrade fuel system components in modern fuel systems can be annoying. I'm glad to see the F80/82 fuel system is adequate for my goals (unless I decide to run ethanol... which I probably will Click here to enlarge).
        Also curious what race fuel was used.
      1. 7to3_enthusiast's Avatar
        7to3_enthusiast -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pure Turbos Click here to enlarge
        This is 24psi tapering up to 30psi. It seems you have a lot to say in Pure threads lately. Our biggest fan, lol. Here's the full graph for your viewing pleasure.

        Attachment 54330
        Are you guys raising the boost to keep the hp curve so flat up top? Most s55's I've seen drop off well before that.


        ~Anthony
      1. pr3ci5n335i's Avatar
        pr3ci5n335i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 7to3_enthusiast Click here to enlarge
        Are you guys raising the boost to keep the hp curve so flat up top? Most s55's I've seen drop off well before that.


        ~Anthony
        I'm sure they are ramping up boost to redline but the drop off that you normally see is from the turbos running out of steam. These Pure turbos flow much more efficiently which enables them to hold power to redline.
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        I remember the N54's would run out of fuel down low since the HPFP wasn't spinning fast enough to keep up. I wonder if they are delaying boost until the fuel system can maintain enough volume (not sure if the S55 has that problem with dual HPFP's). Pretty impressive, regardless.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Oh is that so? Care to share the links of all your threads I have been saying a "LOT" in? I think you mean, us posting that or stage 2turbos out spool yours by 500RPM, flow more up top, and easily took the Stock motor record first time out? Then you texting Chris, and crying your eyes out about it. Oh lets not forget contacting Jason, and crying about our post so we get a 1 month sit down. Yes he told us you reported us. When you are doing things others can't they get a little rustled. See ya at the next event Jess! Try to look me in the eye this time, well unless your "shoes are untied" again.... Click here to enlarge

        Ps. That dyno looks great. 500WTQ at 3750 compared to ours at 3250...Click here to enlarge
        Tony, I'm going to have to be more strict with the vendor rules. This is an article and record post and you're here pissing on it. If the situation was reversed, my inbox would be filled.

        No need for this. Plenty of room in the turbo market for both approaches.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by quattr0 Click here to enlarge
        Very impressive! Congrats!

        Will you gent @Pure Turbos make a set for us P-car 991.2 owners in the near the future?
        They are close enough to me that something can be arranged.
      1. Eleventeen's Avatar
        Eleventeen -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        They are close enough to me that something can be arranged.
        Well, since the S55 has only been out a few years, and they have already released a proven turbo solution, at least you won't have to worry about them having your car for 7 years.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Eleventeen Click here to enlarge
        Well, since the S55 has only been out a few years, and they have already released a proven turbo solution, at least you won't have to worry about them having your car for 7 years.
        Nobody in the turbo upgrade world could possibly top that time even if they tried. Thankfully, I'm never sending a car to a shop like that again.