Close

    • Want a badass 335d? A look at BPC's Stage 1-4 M57 diesel tuning packages including a turbo upgrade - 641 wtq

      Earlier this week a pair of videos were posted showing a BPC (Bimmer Performance Center) tuned 335d just abusing a couple F80 M3's. Well, now we know why and how. BPC has some very impressive tuning packages for the M57 turbo motor which make tons of torque.


      Let's look over their Stage 1 to 4 tuning options.

      STAGE 1

      • Our Stage 1 remote tune is designed for stock emission equip M57.
      • Factory speed limiters are removed
      • 324 WHP / 500 WTQ
      • +88 WHP / +113 WTQ


      STAGE 2

      Required Mods:

      • Upgraded Boost pipe.
      • DPF Removal
      • SCR Removal
      • EGR Removal

      Description:

      • A few more pounds of boost, raised torque limiters, and we disable the emission equipment for competition off-road use ONLY.
      • +100 WHP / +140 WTQ (DPF & EGR DELETE, with SCR pump disabled)


      STAGE 2+

      Required Mods:

      • Upgraded Boost pipe.
      • DPF Removal
      • SCR Removal
      • EGR Removal
      • SCR Filter Removal

      Description:

      • A few more pounds of boost, raised torque limiters, increased fuel and we disable the emission equipment for competition off-road use ONLY.
      • +121 WHP / +175 WTQ (SCR, DPF, EGR DELETE) & Custom exhaust


      STAGE 3

      Required Mods:

      • Upgraded Boost pipe.
      • DPF Removal
      • SCR Removal
      • EGR Removal
      • SCR Filter Removal
      • Upgraded Boost pipe
      • Upgraded Intercooler & Exhaust

      Description:

      • This is for upgraded power adders like meth injection.
      • +151 WHP / 198 WTQ



      STAGE 4

      Required Mods:

      • Upgraded Boost pipe.
      • DPF Removal
      • SCR Removal
      • EGR Removal
      • SCR Filter Removal
      • Upgraded Boost pipe
      • Upgraded Intercooler & Exhaust
      • Hybrid turbos


      • NOT FOR USE ON PUBLIC ROADS - Competition Use Only

      Description:

      • +181 WHP / +247 WTQ



      As for pricing and some further details:

      Quote Originally Posted by BPC
      Our stage 2+ which is where everyone starts that includes removing the DPF and in place of that our own custom downpipe, blocking off EGR ports and removing the SCR filter down stream would be 3200.00

      Stage 3 is where Meth injection comes in which is an additional 2100.00 installed.

      Stage 4 is where Hybrid turbos come in which runs an additional 4200.00 installed.

      Our BOV kit is 1200.00 installed.

      Our BFIK is 1400.00 installed
      If you want a 335d that can easily smoke tuned F80 M3's and with enough torque to handle just about anything off the line, talk to BPC. It is great to see results like these from a US diesel car as well as an M57 turbo upgrade working well.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Want a badass 335d? A look at BPC's Stage 1-4 M57 diesel tuning packages including a turbo upgrade - 641 wtq started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 9 Comments
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        324 WHP / 500 WTQ
        +88 WHP / +113 WTQ
        When that's your stage 1.... Click here to enlarge
      1. 93siro's Avatar
        93siro -
        I think you got stage 1 and 2 dynos mixed. That or the stage 1 is making more power and torqie than the stage 2.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 93siro Click here to enlarge
        I think you got stage 1 and 2 dynos mixed. That or the stage 1 is making more power and torqie than the stage 2.
        That's the dyno on their site. I think they may have revised their Stages.

        Let's get clarification from @BPCMotorsports
      1. RobNyc's Avatar
        RobNyc -
        Yea I agree with @93siro the first 2 Dyno look like were mixed up.
        Also the 100whp+ +140WTQ STG2 dyno is not present

        @BPCMotorsports great work guys, think its time to pick up a 335D for daily.
        Will all tuned cars be spitting this black smoke when in WOT lol ?
        Also, how's MPG in these stages affected just curious if you can still achieve some decent MPG (Diesel advantage).
        Have you guys tried this on a F15 X5 35d as well? Since it shares the same engine
      1. Sticky2's Avatar
        Sticky2 -
        The Stage I description is their own so that has to be the graph.
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        So I am trying to figure this out. All these guys saying TQ doesn't matter. Yet we have basically a TQ machine that spins to 5K beating "M" Cars with more WHP, that have 8000RPM redlines. So which is it guys, TQ doesn't matter, or it does. I think we all know the answer to that.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        So I am trying to figure this out. All these guys saying TQ doesn't matter. Yet we have basically a TQ machine that spins to 5K beating "M" Cars with more WHP, that have 8000RPM redlines. So which is it guys, TQ doesn't matter, or it does. I think we all know the answer to that.
        I don't think people are saying torque doesn't matter but that power wins races.

        The diesel doesn't rev so to make power it NEEDS a ton of torque. Which is what it has.

        If the diesel could maintain that 640+ lb-ft to say 8000 rpm what would that be? Well, 974 horsepower.
      1. e93asbsecu's Avatar
        e93asbsecu -
        No one needs that much Torque - but you WANT that much Torque.

        The ability to use the 335d TQ in everyday driving is indescribable.
      1. e93asbsecu's Avatar
        e93asbsecu -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RobNyc Click here to enlarge
        Yea I agree with @93siro the first 2 Dyno look like were mixed up.
        Also the 100whp+ +140WTQ STG2 dyno is not present

        @BPCMotorsports great work guys, think its time to pick up a 335D for daily.
        Will all tuned cars be spitting this black smoke when in WOT lol ?
        Also, how's MPG in these stages affected just curious if you can still achieve some decent MPG (Diesel advantage).
        Have you guys tried this on a F15 X5 35d as well? Since it shares the same engine
        RobNYC - I make ~ 488/680 at the moment with my BPC tuned 335d, with plans to break 500+ whp in the next 2 weeks or so. Under normal hwy driving, I can get 38-40 mpg's. Under WOT - it does smoke #KINGSOOT .