• HPF M3 loses control at the strip

      We just received these videos of an HPF turbo M3 which lost control at the Irwindale 1/8 mile strip and ended up going into the wall. The car looks like it is running bias-ply slicks with radial street tires up front. This may have contributed to the driver losing control as the general rule is not to mix due to instability up top. Additionally, once the car starts to sway it looks like the owner stays in it and then tried to brake too late which causes him to lose it. Hopefully we will have more details on the car and the setup soon.





      This article was originally published in forum thread: HPF M3 loses control at the strip started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 195 Comments
      1. spdu4ea's Avatar
        spdu4ea -
        Ouch Click here to enlarge
      1. SSDD's Avatar
        SSDD -
        That hurts to watch
      1. 930chas's Avatar
        930chas -
        Damn, that really sucks. Hope the driver was alright. Looks like bias plys out back mixed with radials up front. Not a good combination.

        Edit: Duh..should have read your post first Sticky. Agreed, I would think the mix of tires might have had something to do with this.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
        Damn, that really sucks. Hope the driver was alright. Looks like bias plys out back mixed with radials up front. Not a good combination.

        Edit: Duh..should have read your post first Sticky. Agreed, I would think the mix of tires might have had something to do with this.
        +1 its a major no no to run that combo.
      1. rt turbo's Avatar
        rt turbo -
        one of the stupidest things you can do: biased ply slicks with radial fronts..


        Glad the driver is ok, but wth.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rt turbo Click here to enlarge
        one of the stupidest things you can do: biased ply slicks with radial fronts..


        Glad the driver is ok, but wth.
        Yes is sad, but its good the driver is ok. I here he is looking for more power now. I heard someone on another forum mention it was the diff's fault ROFL. Where they get these idea's from I have no idea.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        I here he is looking for more power now.
        More power? Not what that owner needs.
      1. Kautiongsr's Avatar
        Kautiongsr -
        more power.. what is that guy thinking.. anyhow... some people dont learn..Click here to enlarge
        next run should be interesting
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Would like to know exactly which tires he was running and why the hell he mixed them as well.
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Bias ply, definitely the problem.
      1. 930chas's Avatar
        930chas -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        Yes is sad, but its good the driver is ok. I here he is looking for more power now. I heard someone on another forum mention it was the diff's fault ROFL. Where they get these idea's from I have no idea.
        Seriously!! Makes me embarrassed to own an HPF M3.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        you take an HPF m3 to an 1/8 mile track. what the hell are you doing at an 1/8 mile track. thats the first $#@! up. the second, I think you're right on the tire set up. I wouldnt wanna run street radials and have slicks only in the rear...

        he's lucky he didnt hit the dodge.. damn that was close.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
        Seriously!! Makes me embarrassed to own an HPF M3.
        There were a lot of stupid comments in other places, I can't even take reading them any longer.
      1. 930chas's Avatar
        930chas -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        There were a lot of stupid comments in other places, I can't even take reading them any longer.
        Haha...I agree 100%. Like I said it is just plain embarrassing anymore.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Kautiongsr Click here to enlarge
        more power.. what is that guy thinking.. anyhow... some people dont learn..Click here to enlarge
        next run should be interesting
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Would like to know exactly which tires he was running and why the hell he mixed them as well.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 930chas Click here to enlarge
        Seriously!! Makes me embarrassed to own an HPF M3.
        Smarts doesn't come with the kit. Sad. He needs to focus on tires, and practice.
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Yea here is what they are saying on HPForums.com http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpost.php?p=12799125&postcount=47 ..

        He is ready for more wall action it seems.
      1. mazdaspeed6's Avatar
        mazdaspeed6 -
        just curious why is it bad to have slick in back and radials up front?
      1. TaZaM3's Avatar
        TaZaM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        There were a lot of stupid comments in other places, I can't even take reading them any longer.
        You or me man..... Click here to enlarge
      1. rt turbo's Avatar
        rt turbo -
        Ha ha, that was HPF Chris that illuded to it being the Diff. Click here to enlarge

        Taza's the only one right on that forum.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        No it wasnt chris who said it first. It was that forcefed guy. Chris chimed in later tho.