Close

    • PAW Motorsport N55 tune details - Special pricing for BimmerBoost members and 1 free trial tune

      PAW Motorsport has officially released their N55 flash tune. This tune is for all 2011 on BMW 135i's, 335's, F10/F07 535's, and xDrive 35i's with the N55 single turbo 6 cylinder motor. Special pricing is in effect for BimmerBoost members for February only at $645. Regular pricing is $835. Power gains are about 50 whp. This is the "mild" mail order tune available to anyone. This does require sending your ECU in unless you are located in Florida. The free trial tune is available to one member only who will report on their experience with the tune.

      Details:

      Package 1 DME tune for all 2011 BMW 135i, 335i/xDrive, F10 535i/xDrive, F07 535Gt, X5, X6 xDrive35i (N55B30 TwinPower Turbo (single) / DME MEVD17.2 Euro/US/Asia)

      -Max. power increased of 50-49 Hp SAE at the wheels from 3000 - 5,600 revolutions per minute.

      -Max. torque of 85-65 FtLb at the wheels from 3,000 - 4,600 revolutions per minute

      -Top speed limit increased at customer request.

      -Improved engine map cooling to handle the extra performance & improved reliability for long term use.

      -Performance clearly confirmed by actual measurements on chassis dynometer and road tested.

      -Pure driving enjoyment with smooth & spontaneous responsiveness.

      -No compromise of emissions standards, & fuel economy sacrifices of cars with similar performance.

      -4 Year Limited warranty on DME software.

      *Removal/Re-installation of MEVD17.2 required. Walk in customers labor rates applies.

      For those interested in the free tune, please pm me or e-mail administrator@bimmerboost.com

      Dyno:


      This article was originally published in forum thread: PAW Motorsport N55 tune details - Special pricing for BimmerBoost members and 1 free trial tune started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 60 Comments
      1. maxnix's Avatar
        maxnix -
        Second on the DME removal tutorial with pictures.

        Still a little worried that when hooked up at dealer DME will scream "THIS IS NOT OEM BMW!"
      1. FLYING X5's Avatar
        FLYING X5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
        Second on the DME removal tutorial with pictures.

        Still a little worried that when hooked up at dealer DME will scream "THIS IS NOT OEM BMW!"
        It's a shame they haven't figured out how to have a handheld flasher for the N55 yet... Atleast none that I know of.. I would pay extra just to have that capability... PAW get on it... Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
        It's a shame they haven't figured out how to have a handheld flasher for the N55 yet... Atleast none that I know of.. I would pay extra just to have that capability... PAW get on it... Click here to enlarge
        Going to be a while unfortunately but people are working on it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Ok guys, check it out, just got off the phone with PAW Motorsport.

        For those concerned about the dealer detecting the flash, don't be. They can't find it. If you get a software update it will overwrite it and they will reflash it for you.

        Additionally, we will be putting together an N55 ecu removal tutorial.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        Nice. Im really itching to see how this turns out....I would like to try it out with the shop car..
      1. maxnix's Avatar
        maxnix -
        This is good, but without a second DME, the car will be down for days on the turn around.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
        This is good, but without a second DME, the car will be down for days on the turn around.
        That is true. Small inconvenience...
      1. BrenM3's Avatar
        BrenM3 -
        N55 DME removal LMAO. What a $#@!. Over the course of the tuning process I must have removed/reinstalled 30x.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
        N55 DME removal LMAO. What a $#@!. Over the course of the tuning process I must have removed/reinstalled 30x.
        So not really all that bad?
      1. BrenM3's Avatar
        BrenM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        So not really all that bad?
        My hands are STILL healing. Requires full intake manifold removal.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
        My hands are STILL healing. Requires full intake manifold removal.
        Hahaha, ok then. Maybe best to have people like Bren to remove the DME while you sip a latte.
      1. BrenM3's Avatar
        BrenM3 -
        I will get you a bunch of pics for the removal, just email me I documented this when I was at OE testing a N55 535i
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
        I will get you a bunch of pics for the removal, just email me I documented this when I was at OE testing a N55 535i
        That would help big time, thanks Bren. E-mailing you now!
      1. FLYING X5's Avatar
        FLYING X5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BrenM3 Click here to enlarge
        I will get you a bunch of pics for the removal, just email me I documented this when I was at OE testing a N55 535i
        Not to hi-jack the thread, but since you mentioned OE, where does OE stand on getting their flash for the N55 ready? Maybe this conversation is better suited for PM, since PAW is a competitor in the field of flashing... and probably wouldn't want this in 'there' thread...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
        Maybe this conversation is better suited for PM, since PAW is a competitor in the field of flashing... and probably wouldn't want this in 'there' thread...
        Wise thinking, but even better would be a separate thread so it would still do members a positive service.
      1. maxnix's Avatar
        maxnix -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
        ... and probably wouldn't want this in 'there' thread...
        Do you mean "in that there thread" or "in their thread"?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by maxnix Click here to enlarge
        Do you mean "in that there thread" or "in their thread"?
        Their Click here to enlarge
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        ive taken the manifold off the N54s quite a few times..cant be much harder than that, no?
      1. FLYING X5's Avatar
        FLYING X5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Their Click here to enlarge
        ^This...

        Well Bren should start a new thread in regards to OE, since I know nothing and he's been working with them...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FLYING X5 Click here to enlarge
        Well Bren should start a new thread in regards to OE, since I know nothing and he's been working with them...
        Starting a thread to ask about the tune would be a good way to jump start it and ensure people respond. Nothing wrong with asking about it...