Close

    • PAW Motorsport N55 tune details - Special pricing for BimmerBoost members and 1 free trial tune

      PAW Motorsport has officially released their N55 flash tune. This tune is for all 2011 on BMW 135i's, 335's, F10/F07 535's, and xDrive 35i's with the N55 single turbo 6 cylinder motor. Special pricing is in effect for BimmerBoost members for February only at $645. Regular pricing is $835. Power gains are about 50 whp. This is the "mild" mail order tune available to anyone. This does require sending your ECU in unless you are located in Florida. The free trial tune is available to one member only who will report on their experience with the tune.

      Details:

      Package 1 DME tune for all 2011 BMW 135i, 335i/xDrive, F10 535i/xDrive, F07 535Gt, X5, X6 xDrive35i (N55B30 TwinPower Turbo (single) / DME MEVD17.2 Euro/US/Asia)

      -Max. power increased of 50-49 Hp SAE at the wheels from 3000 - 5,600 revolutions per minute.

      -Max. torque of 85-65 FtLb at the wheels from 3,000 - 4,600 revolutions per minute

      -Top speed limit increased at customer request.

      -Improved engine map cooling to handle the extra performance & improved reliability for long term use.

      -Performance clearly confirmed by actual measurements on chassis dynometer and road tested.

      -Pure driving enjoyment with smooth & spontaneous responsiveness.

      -No compromise of emissions standards, & fuel economy sacrifices of cars with similar performance.

      -4 Year Limited warranty on DME software.

      *Removal/Re-installation of MEVD17.2 required. Walk in customers labor rates applies.

      For those interested in the free tune, please pm me or e-mail administrator@bimmerboost.com

      Dyno:

      This article was originally published in forum thread: PAW Motorsport N55 tune details - Special pricing for BimmerBoost members and 1 free trial tune started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 60 Comments
      1. SSDD's Avatar
        SSDD -
        Sounds like a great deal and an awesome promo from PAW. Props
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
        Sounds like a great deal and an awesome promo from PAW. Props
        Very awesome and generous promo.
      1. RLSinCO's Avatar
        RLSinCO -
        PM sent to Sticky!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RLSinCO Click here to enlarge
        PM sent to Sticky!
        Received and replied.
      1. black e's Avatar
        black e -
        i wonder then why they quoted me $1400 over the phone just 2/3 weeks ago?!...now is less then half that?
        i guess they realized they're not Dinan....
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black e Click here to enlarge
        i wonder then why they quoted me $1400 over the phone just 2/3 weeks ago?!...now is less then half that?
        i guess they realized they're not Dinan....
        I don't think that is it, I think maybe there are different versions to the tune.

        Do you remember which version it was you were asking for? Also, remember, this is a limited special.
      1. black e's Avatar
        black e -
        i didn't ask for "version" of the tune... that's the price they quoted me.
        i'm glad they're coming back to earth though.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by black e Click here to enlarge
        i didn't ask for "version" of the tune... that's the price they quoted me.
        i'm glad they're coming back to earth though.
        I thought that maybe they quoted you the custom tune price, not the mail order tune price. Maybe just miscommunication?

        Either way, yes, the price is VERY reasonable and actually less than some piggybacks.
      1. N55Bimmer335i's Avatar
        N55Bimmer335i -
        Has anyone tried this ECU? What is the current price?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N55Bimmer335i Click here to enlarge
        Has anyone tried this ECU? What is the current price?
        The price is listed in the very first post.

        There is a member who is getting this tune this month and going to post his impressions as well as before and after dynos that are completely independent.
      1. N55Bimmer335i's Avatar
        N55Bimmer335i -
        Thanks Sticky
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N55Bimmer335i Click here to enlarge
        Thanks Sticky
        My pleasure.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        I want in on this. We have all the bolt ons and should be recieving the intake shortly.

        Im surprised i didnt see this sooner..
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        I want in on this. We have all the bolt ons and should be recieving the intake shortly.
        As soon as you are ready with the customers car I know PAW is ready to go.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        Im just surprised really that a flash came out so quickly for this engine yet trying to crack the N54 took a while..and they have yet to beat the piggybacks.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        Im just surprised really that a flash came out so quickly for this engine yet trying to crack the N54 took a while..and they have yet to beat the piggybacks.
        This is a different motor and BMW incorporated some things to make it harder on the piggybacks not that it has stopped them.

        I'm impressed with what PAW is doing as well and this is only the beginning of the flash options they will offer.
      1. N55Bimmer335i's Avatar
        N55Bimmer335i -
        Has anyone heard what the turn around time is?

        I purchased the JB3 Stage 1 - still on bench, but I like this better than a piggyback. Maybe buy a second ECU so if warranty issues occur, you could place an orig back in.

        You would think they could have a swap program. When I find the ECU Price maybe I'll know why.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N55Bimmer335i Click here to enlarge
        Has anyone heard what the turn around time is?

        I purchased the JB3 Stage 1 - still on bench, but I like this better than a piggyback. Maybe buy a second ECU so if warranty issues occur, you could place an orig back in.

        You would think they could have a swap program. When I find the ECU Price maybe I'll know why.
        The turn around time is whatever time it takes to ship there and back. Technically, it could be overnight depending on location and $ for shipping.

        A spare ecu is pretty expensive, not worth it. PAW would not have issue returning it to stock should the need arise.
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        bump...Im starting to get anxious about this. Going to pick up the AMS exhaust tomorrow and I just have to get my hands on an intake and we can commence dynoing.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
        bump...Im starting to get anxious about this. Going to pick up the AMS exhaust tomorrow and I just have to get my hands on an intake and we can commence dynoing.
        So tomorrow (technically today) we will see the before/after dyno?