Close

    • Daily Driven BMW F82 M4 runs 10.35 and traps 138 in the 1/4 mile with no crank hub issues

      Why is it important to point out that BimmerBoost member @NJ-M4 drives his F82 M4 daily? Because it shows his car is not some fragile dyno queen. He beats on it. He has the TPG Tuning S55 crank hub fix and thus far has not had any problems.


      Here are his thoughts on the matter:

      Quote Originally Posted by NJ-M4
      I've had TPGs Crank Hub Kit installed for over a year, and have run it hard drag racing and roll racing at least 60-to-80 passes since. No issues. Perhaps it depends on the install, perhaps it depends on the car. I have no idea. What I do know, is that I have pushed this car to it's limits and beyond, and the crank hub has not spun.
      Let's hope we aren't jinxing him here but here is his full modification list:

      JB4 / Xona Rotor Turbos / Precision Tuning Custom Tune & Flash by Kevin Baldi/ AEM Meth Kit / Dodson Sportsman Clutches / GTS Trans Flash / Akrapovic Exhaust / DSS 1200 HP Axles / ER Downpipes / ER Chargepipes / Maximum PSI Intake / Bootmod3 / HRE R101s / Mickey Thompson 305 ET Street S/S rears and Bridgestone RE71R 275 fronts.

      He is making 690 horsepower to the tires:


      Solid power. Also solid track times:




      Does this mean he is in the clear or that the crank hub is a not a problem? No. Maybe he is just lucky. Maybe it also means that the hysteria surrounding the issue is overblown.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Daily Driver M4 Traps 138 mph and hits 10.35 ET started by NJ-M4 View original post
      Comments 10 Comments
      1. E90Company's Avatar
        E90Company -
        Damn. Nice time
      1. richpike's Avatar
        richpike -
        Doing work!

        -Rich
      1. Tony@VargasTurboTech's Avatar
        Tony@VargasTurboTech -
        Lol, another dyno graph with axis cut off. Just baffles me. Obviously this car is doing work, but its a 700/700 DCT with a proper launch it should be doing this all day long
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Nice times! I love the S55 motor... Except for the crank hubs. Click here to enlarge
      1. NJ-M4's Avatar
        NJ-M4 -
        You are easily baffled then. Do you think it's a conspiracy? Or maybe the uploaded photos are getting cut off​? Hint: axis was visible on photo I uploaded.
      1. NJ-M4's Avatar
        NJ-M4 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Nice times! I love the S55 motor... Except for the crank hubs. Click here to enlarge
        Thanks, Terry. Agreed!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Why is it important to point out that BimmerBoost member @NJ-M4 drives his F82 M4 daily? Because it shows his car is not some fragile dyno queen. He beats on it. He has the TPG Tuning S55 crank hub fix and thus far has not had any problems.

        Click here to enlarge

        Here are his thoughts on the matter:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by NJ-M4 Click here to enlarge
        I've had TPGs Crank Hub Kit installed for over a year, and have run it hard drag racing and roll racing at least 60-to-80 passes since. No issues. Perhaps it depends on the install, perhaps it depends on the car. I have no idea. What I do know, is that I have pushed this car to it's limits and beyond, and the crank hub has not spun.
        Let's hope we aren't jinxing him here but here is his full modification list:

        JB4 / Xona Rotor Turbos / Precision Tuning Custom Tune & Flash by Kevin Baldi/ AEM Meth Kit / Dodson Sportsman Clutches / GTS Trans Flash / Akrapovic Exhaust / DSS 1200 HP Axles / ER Downpipes / ER Chargepipes / Maximum PSI Intake / Bootmod3 / HRE R101s / Mickey Thompson 305 ET Street S/S rears and Bridgestone RE71R 275 fronts.

        He is making 690 horsepower to the tires:

        Click here to enlarge

        Solid power. Also solid track times:

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge

        Does this mean he is in the clear or that the crank hub is a not a problem? No. Maybe he is just lucky. Maybe it also means that the hysteria surrounding the issue is overblown.
      1. Torgus's Avatar
        Torgus -
        $#@! someone is on his period today.

        Awesome results!
      1. RobNyc's Avatar
        RobNyc -
        Solid @NJ-M4 !
      1. nbrigdan's Avatar
        nbrigdan -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tony@VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
        Lol, another dyno graph with axis cut off. Just baffles me. Obviously this car is doing work, but its a 700/700 DCT with a proper launch it should be doing this all day long
        I thought someone else was handling the online presence? Because you just come off like a dick all the time :/