Those looking into this package will be people pushing the motor with turbo upgrades. When over 700 lb-ft of torque at the wheels, peace of mind becomes increasingly important:
This is the list of upgraded components:
- BPC Spec Darton Flanged Sleeves – Optimized wall thickness for strength that far exceeds factory Alusil cylinders without compromising block integrity or cooling characteristics
- BPC Spec Carrillo H-Beam Rods – Rated at 1500 HP
- BPC Spec Diamond Coated Pistons – Thermal coated crown and teflon coated skirts.
- BPC Spec Total Seal Stainless Steel Piston Rings
- BPC Spec Calico Coated Main & Rod Bearings
- BPC Spec spark plugs
They also offer these services:
- CNC Bore & Hone Process
- CNC Main Bearing Line Hone
- BPC Spec Optimized Engine clearances
- Precision Balanced Rotating Assembly
- BPC Spec Ported Cylinder Heads
- BPC Spec Valve seat machining
- CNC Cylinder Head Resurfacing
Now, combining a built motor setup like this with a turbo upgrade is key. We saw the BPC built S63TU motor with their Borg Warner EFR 7163 turbo upgrade put out 846 horsepower to the wheels in an F10 M5 with preliminary tuning. They are shooting for over 1000+ and that is really where the upgraded engine components will be put to the test.
How much does this all cost? Well, they didn't tell us. Expect to pay to play.
The S63TU platform is poised to have a very big 2017.