Close

    • DCT Build Part VIII - Putting it back together

      As of right now, the transmission is completed and the cooling system is in the process of being completed. Where we left off was the car being taken to SSP for the build of the cooling system. To make this all make sense we will not skip ahead, instead showing you each step. Here SSP is getting ready to put it together with the new clutch discs. They laid out all the parts and used 3d scanning equipment to record them to aid in the production of the parts. Everything was laid out to make sure the parts were clean and accounted for. Additionally, they were working on prototype viton seals for the transmission. The next update will have details on the cooling system.
























      This article was originally published in forum thread: M3 DCT Build Journal - World's First BMW DCT Build started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 3052 Comments
      1. MK599's Avatar
        MK599 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's all M3's run... for a reason. An obvious one that still nobody has picked up on lol.
        Because we have ITBs?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MK599 Click here to enlarge
        Because we have ITBs?
        Yep. Pretty freaking obvious too.
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Looks wicked
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Oh I do laugh...
        I always get the last laugh.....you are going to be on the verge of tears next weekend after the track smackdown I serve up to you. Only person in this thread that is clueless is you Sticky.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        I always get the last laugh.....you are going to be on the verge of tears next weekend after the track smackdown I serve up to you. Only person in this thread that is clueless is you Sticky.
        I don't really see why winning or losing to you is what matters with my car. Really, I don't get it.
      1. Black Sheep's Avatar
        Black Sheep -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        I always get the last laugh.....you are going to be on the verge of tears next weekend after the track smackdown I serve up to you. Only person in this thread that is clueless is you Sticky.
        I expect a better comment out of you to start the day off
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I don't really see why winning or losing to you is what matters with my car. Really, I don't get it.
        Because at one point you said your car was going to be faster than the Weistec CLK's and now you are going to eat those words and pay $1000
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        ....it's Tuesday and the car is Still not running. A week ago they posted a pic of a completed motor on a stand ready to install and the car is Still not running, now Sticky is using Meth install as the excuse for the delay.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Because at one point you said your car was going to be faster than the Weistec CLK's and now you are going to eat those words and pay $1000
        No, I never said my car was going to be faster than Weistec CLK's and Weistec cars have never been my goal. You seem to have made everything about yourself for some reason.

        I don't even care about $1000 that's completely fine no big deal... I don't even see why you keep bringing it up as if it is.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        ....it's Tuesday and the car is Still not running. A week ago they posted a pic of a completed motor on a stand ready to install and the car is Still not running, now Sticky is using Meth install as the excuse for the delay.
        I'm not making any excuses I haven't even called to check. Why don't you find out and let me know?

        The point I was making is there is *a bit* more involved than just dropping a motor in and starting it. Relax.
      1. fastgti69's Avatar
        fastgti69 -
        When you go pick up the car, please let me know bro. I really wanna see it. I'm in depression that I have a broken car. So seeing your car finally alive will give me hope for mine. LOL
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm not making any excuses I haven't even called to check. Why don't you find out and let me know?

        The point I was making is there is *a bit* more involved than just dropping a motor in and starting it. Relax.
        A bit more involved? Been there and done that and continue to push the edge.

        For the record you originally did say that you would be more than a match for the clk's and now the tune has changed to you talking about Jim's C car. Why the Change?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        A bit more involved? Been there and done that and continue to push the edge.

        For the record you originally did say that you would be more than a match for the clk's and now the tune has changed to you talking about Jim's C car. Why the Change?
        There is no change. I was told I had no chance with either. I have consistently said I would race either. The change now is that apparently the monetary offer to race the C dropped Click here to enlarge That isn't on me.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        @Sticky - so what is the holdup ? Motor is done....is it back in the car ? What's the status ?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        @Sticky - so what is the holdup ? Motor is done....is it back in the car ? What's the status ?
        I don't know, I haven't talked to them today.
      1. nafoo's Avatar
        nafoo -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        You do realize I am going with the 3.0L and some new weistec goodies, right? With a pulley swap and a tune I can get numbers close to what my CLK is making today, right? Steve will be at the event with his laptop....just sayin
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm saying I will take 5:1 on the C63 Black Series... again.

        I'm very aware what you are getting done and what they are capable of.
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        ....trust me, I more concerned with the world ending tomorrow than I am of your car ever beating the CLK. 5 to 1 odds is a standing bet, any time you want to loose some money let me know, only problem is the car will only be out there a couple more weeks and then you will have to drag your candy ass to Chicago, and we know that will never happen. Remember, my car has been at Weistec all winterClick here to enlarge.....just sayin

        I will give you 10 to 1 odds but your minimum wager has to be at least $1000.....say the word.

        I will give you 2 to 1 with the C BS.......man up and accept a bet
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Heh no prob.



        Why not? I already stated that was only fair due to the wait. It will make for a great vid comparison plus I haven't been to Chicago. I want to try out the local restaurants and the local Polish women.



        10:1 $1k is fine with me.



        Um ok?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        2 to 1 with the c... I didnt make that offer or any other I just accepted.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Went down fast from 5 to 1 to now nothing?
      1. nafoo's Avatar
        nafoo -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Went down fast from 5 to 1 to now nothing?
        Well, JRCART never committed to 5:1 on the C, but said he would determine the bet once he got dyno numbers. I guess after he got dyno numbers, he offered to 2:1, which it looks like you accepted.

        Maybe JRCART forgot about the 2:1 offer on the C. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
        Well, JRCART never committed to 5:1 on the C, but said he would determine the bet once he got dyno numbers. I guess after he got dyno numbers, he offered to 2:1, which it looks like you accepted.

        Maybe JRCART forgot about the 2:1 offer on the C. Click here to enlarge
        Sure seems like he did.