Close

    • DCT Build Part VIII - Putting it back together

      As of right now, the transmission is completed and the cooling system is in the process of being completed. Where we left off was the car being taken to SSP for the build of the cooling system. To make this all make sense we will not skip ahead, instead showing you each step. Here SSP is getting ready to put it together with the new clutch discs. They laid out all the parts and used 3d scanning equipment to record them to aid in the production of the parts. Everything was laid out to make sure the parts were clean and accounted for. Additionally, they were working on prototype viton seals for the transmission. The next update will have details on the cooling system.























      This article was originally published in forum thread: M3 DCT Build Journal - World's First BMW DCT Build started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 3052 Comments
      1. lughed's Avatar
        lughed -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
        Exactly, boost is efficiency
        But its an additive. You can boost any engine but you cant always build one engine to be as efficient as another. Depending on the limits a smaller displacement may make more power than a larger displacement because of its efficiency.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        On a side note,a yellow UGR TTG crashed today on Sunrise Higway racing a certain,familiar 1300whp GT-R(the one who won the Pocono event last year)
        damn! everyone ok?
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        Oh,Im sure you do! Id love to see pics/info,maybe email or PM so I dont jack Stickys thread???
        Actually it is a cvo breakout...probably the slowest thing out there but it is all about style.
      1. klipseracer's Avatar
        klipseracer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        In my opinion that is plenty of time to get it ready for shift sector.
        I agree. I'm just explaining my perspective. I think 4 weeks was a best case scenario, however you did make it sound definitive. Either way, Good to see your progress.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        So I must be an idiot but I am not understanding what you're talking about with posting video of the race.
        I tried to explain it. My goal is not just 1 roll on video but a full video comparison with high quality HD and editing to launch new network websites and a youtube channel with it. As in, use it for exposure to benefit business. Won't be Top Gear production worthy but you should see my point here.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        Oh,Im sure you do! Id love to see pics/info,maybe email or PM so I dont jack Stickys thread???
        This thread has been raped so many times I really don't think it will matter.
      1. Black Sheep's Avatar
        Black Sheep -
        Click here to enlarge
      1. ZooyorQ's Avatar
        ZooyorQ -
        Jcart/Campbell,

        You guys would be a good match for the red stage 2.75 HPF car (Kenton). Hopefully you guys get a chance to line up.


        -Marcus
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        What I can't figure out is why people are not asking the question why or how these higher horse power cars are being beaten by a CLK which is supposedly down on power. If someone was a betting person they might think the little CLK's are making more horsepower than everyone thinks or what we have advertised......

        Chicago wannagofast is sold out...need to be on a waiting list...
        Well you guys keep letting the tail of the cat out of the bag but i want to see the whole fkin pu$$y !! so stop teasing us and tell us what really is going on underneath those beasts !!

        Btw i tried asking JRcart on MBW but maybe he didnt see my question .. I have a C63 Coupe with the MCT trans ive seen weistec mentioned it can handle 770 Crank HP without breaking and JRCART said he is running 11psi with ~660whp(that i now see is probably higher since hes sandbagging) on the stock MCT and BS motor. Only thing is i have a non P31 engine without the forged pistons(i have cast pistons) and lightweight connecting rods/ crank even tho they are forged steel on the non P31 as well just not "light weight"

        My question is how much power/boost can i run on the non P31 C63 coupe with MCT ? is it the same as JRCarts BS does the "sls" internals give more strength or is the non P31 engine strong enough to hold up to the point that the transmission needs upgrade

        @Weistec
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        @Weistec ??
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
        Btw i tried asking JRcart on MBW but maybe he didnt see my question .. I have a C63 Coupe with the MCT trans ive seen weistec mentioned it can handle 770 Crank HP without breaking and JRCART said he is running 11psi with ~660whp(that i now see is probably higher since hes sandbagging) on the stock MCT and BS motor. Only thing is i have a non P31 engine without the forged pistons(i have cast pistons) and lightweight connecting rods/ crank even tho they are forged steel on the non P31 as well just not "light weight"

        My question is how much power/boost can i run on the non P31 C63 coupe with MCT ? is it the same as JRCarts BS does the "sls" internals give more strength or is the non P31 engine strong enough to hold up to the point that the transmission needs upgrade
        Seriously these questions are for the M156 section... please create a new thread on this topic it doesn't belong here.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
        Once again go ask in the right forum section.
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        ooooo Why so anger ?!? lmao you got it man
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
        ooooo Why so anger ?!? lmao you got it man
        Not angry just don't expect to get your questions answered in someone else's build thread... please put those topics in the correct section for them.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
        Well you guys keep letting the tail of the cat out of the bag but i want to see the whole fkin pu$$y !! so stop teasing us and tell us what really is going on underneath those beasts !!

        Btw i tried asking JRcart on MBW but maybe he didnt see my question .. I have a C63 Coupe with the MCT trans ive seen weistec mentioned it can handle 770 Crank HP without breaking and JRCART said he is running 11psi with ~660whp(that i now see is probably higher since hes sandbagging) on the stock MCT and BS motor. Only thing is i have a non P31 engine without the forged pistons(i have cast pistons) and lightweight connecting rods/ crank even tho they are forged steel on the non P31 as well just not "light weight"

        My question is how much power/boost can i run on the non P31 C63 coupe with MCT ? is it the same as JRCarts BS does the "sls" internals give more strength or is the non P31 engine strong enough to hold up to the point that the transmission needs upgrade
        What I mean is that Weistec is known to be conservative and to understate performance levels rather than chest pump.
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Not angry just don't expect to get your questions answered in someone else's build thread... please put those topics in the correct section for them.
        I got ya i was just busting ya balls
      1. ezec63's Avatar
        ezec63 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        What I mean is that Weistec is known to be conservative and to understate performance levels rather than chest pump.
        But didn't you guys post actual dyne graphs showing 870 whp i don't get how that can be under stated since a reading can't really be altered its whatever the car put down
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
        But didn't you guys post actual dyne graphs showing 870 whp i don't get how that can be under stated since a reading can't really be altered its whatever the car put down
        Correct but that presumes that was the max we produced Click here to enlarge
      1. ZooyorQ's Avatar
        ZooyorQ -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Correct but that presumes that was the max we produced Click here to enlarge
        I think you mean they're conservative with their tunes, not their numbers. It would make no sense to understate produced numbers.
      1. folgrz's Avatar
        folgrz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        On a side note,a yellow UGR TTG crashed today on Sunrise Higway racing a certain,familiar 1300whp GT-R(the one who won the Pocono event last year)Click here to enlarge
        No way!!! My friend saw that whole thing happen, didnt know it was one of the TTG's