Close

    • DCT Build Part VIII - Putting it back together

      As of right now, the transmission is completed and the cooling system is in the process of being completed. Where we left off was the car being taken to SSP for the build of the cooling system. To make this all make sense we will not skip ahead, instead showing you each step. Here SSP is getting ready to put it together with the new clutch discs. They laid out all the parts and used 3d scanning equipment to record them to aid in the production of the parts. Everything was laid out to make sure the parts were clean and accounted for. Additionally, they were working on prototype viton seals for the transmission. The next update will have details on the cooling system.























      This article was originally published in forum thread: M3 DCT Build Journal - World's First BMW DCT Build started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 3052 Comments
      1. lughed's Avatar
        lughed -
        Ecambell, you basicly played yourself and ass kissed for some rep points, then got your card pulled. Props for the apology but negative on the ass kissin.
      1. JakeB's Avatar
        JakeB -
        I'm not a big poster but I would like to say it's about time that Jrcart is gone from here!! I hate internet muscles!!!
      1. ZooyorQ's Avatar
        ZooyorQ -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JakeB Click here to enlarge
        I'm not a big poster but I would like to say it's about time that Jrcart is gone from here!! I hate internet muscles!!!
        JRCart reminds me of Saad vs Ryan woon. Provides lots of entertainment value, but in person is actually quite mild. Met him at shift sector, he wasn't at all abrasive.. we had a bunch of BMW's there and he was quite courteous. Not saying his behavior on here is excusable and i have no skin in the game so i don't care but, in person he didn't come off as a dick at all.
      1. nafoo's Avatar
        nafoo -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
        JRCart reminds me of Saad vs Ryan woon. Provides lots of entertainment value, but in person is actually quite mild. Met him at shift sector, he wasn't at all abrasive.. we had a bunch of BMW's there and he was quite courteous. Not saying his behavior on here is excusable and i have no skin in the game so i don't care but, in person he didn't come off as a dick at all.
        That's how it usually goes. The Internet personifies a person's ID much more than how they really are in person Click here to enlarge
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        What's the story here. How far out before the car is in ur hands Sticky?
      1. Black Sheep's Avatar
        Black Sheep -
        Click here to enlarge
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
        Ecambell, you basicly played yourself and ass kissed for some rep points, then got your card pulled. Props for the apology but negative on the ass kissin.
        The only ass I kiss is that of my wife.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
        What's the story here. How far out before the car is in ur hands Sticky?
        How long is a piece of string?
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        How long is a piece of string?
        As long as Gintani cuts it Click here to enlarge
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        As long as Gintani cuts it Click here to enlarge
        what to do...

        on a different note, you going to the event in Chicago in June?
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        what to do...

        on a different note, you going to the event in Chicago in June?
        Chicago in June ?? No thanks, I'll be in Sardegna the first part of June and the last 2 weeks at our summer home in Maine.
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
        Chicago in June ?? No thanks, I'll be in Sardegna the first part of June and the last 2 weeks at our summer home in Maine.
        No kidding...yacht is usually berthed there when not out racing.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
        JRCart reminds me of Saad vs Ryan woon. Provides lots of entertainment value, but in person is actually quite mild. Met him at shift sector, he wasn't at all abrasive.. we had a bunch of BMW's there and he was quite courteous. Not saying his behavior on here is excusable and i have no skin in the game so i don't care but, in person he didn't come off as a dick at all.
        It's not him who always posts from his account. Rarely is actually.
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        No kidding...yacht is usually berthed there when not out racing.
        Porto Cervo ?
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Cagliari
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Black Sheep Click here to enlarge
        Click here to enlarge
        Ahh its over 100 pages long no thanks. Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        How long is a piece of string?
        As long as 1 wants it to be.
      1. Flinchy's Avatar
        Flinchy -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        custom headers, no cats, full custom 3 inch exhaust.
        twin 3"?

        biiiig


        can't wait to see full boost videos Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge

        can't wait to see full boost videos Click here to enlarge Click here to enlarge
        Ya me too.
      1. JakeB's Avatar
        JakeB -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It's not him who always posts from his account. Rarely is actually.
        If that is the case he may want to take his login info away from the person who is posting. He may be the nicest guy anyone could meet in person, but the posts being made on his behalf are far from becoming! I can say if someone was making me look like a dick I would make sure I took care of it!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JakeB Click here to enlarge
        If that is the case he may want to take his login info away from the person who is posting. He may be the nicest guy anyone could meet in person, but the posts being made on his behalf are far from becoming! I can say if someone was making me look like a dick I would make sure I took care of it!!
        Ya you would think so but it's fine he's not in this thread any longer and never will be.