• DCT Build Part VIII - Putting it back together

      As of right now, the transmission is completed and the cooling system is in the process of being completed. Where we left off was the car being taken to SSP for the build of the cooling system. To make this all make sense we will not skip ahead, instead showing you each step. Here SSP is getting ready to put it together with the new clutch discs. They laid out all the parts and used 3d scanning equipment to record them to aid in the production of the parts. Everything was laid out to make sure the parts were clean and accounted for. Additionally, they were working on prototype viton seals for the transmission. The next update will have details on the cooling system.























      This article was originally published in forum thread: M3 DCT Build Journal - World's First BMW DCT Build started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 3052 Comments
      1. 335(ex)(eye)'s Avatar
        335(ex)(eye) -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        She would be in for a big suprise then
        Pics or it didn't happen
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335(ex)(eye) Click here to enlarge
        Pics or it didn't happen
        Funny you should request pic, there was actually one posted on here, not sure where Sticky moved it to but it is somehwere on this site. I am being serious lol. Watch people will chime in and confirm it.
      1. 335(ex)(eye)'s Avatar
        335(ex)(eye) -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Funny you should request pic, there was actually one posted on here, not sure where Sticky moved it to but it is somehwere on this site. I am being serious lol. Watch people will chime in and confirm it.
        a pick of your dick? Or a pick with a random dick with your face cropped onto said body?
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Funny you should request pic, there was actually one posted on here, not sure where Sticky moved it to but it is somehwere on this site. I am being serious lol. Watch people will chime in and confirm it.
        C'mon man not again...Just post a pic of the AMEX black card I'm sure his "woman" would like that alot more Click here to enlarge
      1. E90Company's Avatar
        E90Company -
        Money talks, bull$#@! walks
      1. LZH's Avatar
        LZH -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
        Money talks, bull$#@! walks
        you come up with that all by yourself ?
      1. ad445's Avatar
        ad445 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335(ex)(eye) Click here to enlarge
        Jrcart,

        my woman read the past couple pages of your comments in this thread,
        Direct quote (that guy must have a dick so small that the only way he can get a girl to cum is by pulling out your AMEX)
        That's EPIC looooooooooooooooooool
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        @Sticky, the usual BB drama has yet again polluted another thread that WAS informative but now is a mess.

        Please do everyone a favor and move the silly comments to another OT tread and keep the factual posts here.

        Thanks and best of luck with the project. I cant wait to get myself an E90 M3 Sedan by next year (I hope) but i'll keep mine NA @evolve Style Click here to enlarge
      1. ecampbell's Avatar
        ecampbell -
        Joe hinted something was going to happen by the end of day Friday but then we hear nothing.

        What is happening?
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        You're kidding right? Exactly which part of this thread was informative??? This thread is a $#@!ing joke just like the entire build. This could have been an informative build had it been completed in a decent amount of time. People have lost interest. The most imformative part of this thread is that it shows how crappy of a motor the S65 is for anyone that wants to tune their car and take it to extreme levels.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
        @Sticky , the usual BB drama has yet again polluted another thread that WAS informative but now is a mess.

        Please do everyone a favor and move the silly comments to another OT tread and keep the factual posts here.

        Thanks and best of luck with the project. I cant wait to get myself an E90 M3 Sedan by next year (I hope) but i'll keep mine NA @evolve Style Click here to enlarge
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Joe hinted something was going to happen by the end of day Friday but then we hear nothing.

        What is happening?
        He claimed it was running in a previous post.....running properly, now that could be a different story. He also claimed it would be at Shift Sector next weekend, that gives him about five and a half days from now to get it all finalized before he would have to head out to the event.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
        @Sticky , the usual BB drama has yet again polluted another thread that WAS informative but now is a mess.

        Please do everyone a favor and move the silly comments to another OT tread and keep the factual posts here.

        Thanks and best of luck with the project. I cant wait to get myself an E90 M3 Sedan by next year (I hope) but i'll keep mine NA @evolve Style Click here to enlarge
        Thank you Ejaz unfortunately it's the same people... they just don't have any respect for others threads and make it about themselves. It's fine I don't care this journey is just about complete.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        You're kidding right? Exactly which part of this thread was informative??? This thread is a $#@!ing joke just like the entire build. This could have been an informative build had it been completed in a decent amount of time. People have lost interest. The most imformative part of this thread is that it shows how crappy of a motor the S65 is for anyone that wants to tune their car and take it to extreme levels.
        You must have missed where the title states "DCT Build Thread" which was completed quite a while ago with 12 highly detailed updates. Seems to me on the topic of the DCT transmissoin this is the most informative build in the BMW community by FAR.

        Instead you are talking about the motor and the rest of the car which is a separate process but who is actually expecting basic reading comprehension from you?
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Funny you should request pic, there was actually one posted on here, not sure where Sticky moved it to but it is somehwere on this site. I am being serious lol. Watch people will chime in and confirm it.
        My mind has been scarred with teh pic of your penor foreverClick here to enlarge



        And on a sidenote,Happy 3 Year Anniversary to your build thread Sticky(3/31/'10-3/31/'13)Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lughed Click here to enlarge
        I saw your post but i was referring to the entire week of you dickin around the question. I guess you didnt want people to laugh at you more if you had to say no, its not running.
        No it's me laughing at you because I have every intention of showing details as I did in 12 freaking parts during the trans build (that not good enough?) and because maybe I wanted to post a video of the car running? Did that thought cross your mind? Sorry, I'm laughing:

      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ecampbell Click here to enlarge
        Joe hinted something was going to happen by the end of day Friday but then we hear nothing.

        What is happening?
        Trying to enjoy my Easter with my family? Sorry updating you over the weekend was not my main priority? I told you it was running Friday, they have been tuning it on the dyno.
      1. mainah's Avatar
        mainah -
        Congrats Sticky! NICE!

      1. AlexQuattro's Avatar
        AlexQuattro -
        My god that is awesome!
      1. 0-60Motorsports's Avatar
        0-60Motorsports -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        No it's me laughing at you because I have every intention of showing details as I did in 12 freaking parts during the trans build (that not good enough?) and because maybe I wanted to post a video of the car running? Did that thought cross your mind? Sorry, I'm laughing:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDa0Vi8kYFs
        Wow that sounds awesome. Congrats.
      1. bobS's Avatar
        bobS -
        So it's running.....awesome. I hope you can run it full boost at shift sector