• DCT Build Part VIII - Putting it back together

      As of right now, the transmission is completed and the cooling system is in the process of being completed. Where we left off was the car being taken to SSP for the build of the cooling system. To make this all make sense we will not skip ahead, instead showing you each step. Here SSP is getting ready to put it together with the new clutch discs. They laid out all the parts and used 3d scanning equipment to record them to aid in the production of the parts. Everything was laid out to make sure the parts were clean and accounted for. Additionally, they were working on prototype viton seals for the transmission. The next update will have details on the cooling system.























      This article was originally published in forum thread: M3 DCT Build Journal - World's First BMW DCT Build started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 3052 Comments
      1. e38 prototype's Avatar
        e38 prototype -
        Timmyfest is coming up soon Sticky!! But i have a superchaged Jag now haha.

        See you soon buddy, get this car there at least if you can...
      1. Autobahn335i's Avatar
        Autobahn335i -
        Why doesn't the shop simply admit they can't get the job done and put an end to this torture.
      1. DFM's Avatar
        DFM -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
        Why doesn't the shop simply admit they can't get the job done and put an end to this torture.
        What kind of an attitude is that? its up to sticky and sticky alone to decide when enough is enough. Just think about what this will do for aftermarket bmw if all this time and effort results in a bullet proof DCT. This is what the industry is all about IMO. Overcoming the impossible. I hope his m3 destroys all you haters on the track some day. Good luck Sticky!
      1. ultimateendz's Avatar
        ultimateendz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MrClean335i Click here to enlarge
        We should have a thread with things that happened in the time lapse that this build took/is taking time to be completed.
        lol...GM patented their new 8speed dct tranny when this thread started....and its almost done now and ready for production....#burn
      1. Autobahn335i's Avatar
        Autobahn335i -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
        What kind of an attitude is that? its up to sticky and sticky alone to decide when enough is enough. Just think about what this will do for aftermarket bmw if all this time and effort results in a bullet proof DCT. This is what the industry is all about IMO. Overcoming the impossible. I hope his m3 destroys all you haters on the track some day. Good luck Sticky!
        That seems about right if you followed this thread from the start...

        Don't get me wrong, I REALLY hope this gets done and performs as announced. But you have to be REALLY optimistic to keep the faith...
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
        lol...GM patented their new 8speed dct tranny when this thread started....and its almost done now and ready for production....#burn
        Tuners wil probably have modded versions of the GM 8 speed DCT on the road before Sticky gets his car back.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
        What kind of an attitude is that? its up to sticky and sticky alone to decide when enough is enough. Just think about what this will do for aftermarket bmw if all this time and effort results in a bullet proof DCT. This is what the industry is all about IMO. Overcoming the impossible. I hope his m3 destroys all you haters on the track someday. Good luck Sticky!
        Key word in your post being SOMEDAY.....................

        I know he will not be destroying my Weistec CLK, and you can take that to the bank.
      1. ultimateendz's Avatar
        ultimateendz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        Key word in your post being SOMEDAY.....................

        I know he will not be destroying my Weistec CLK, and you can take that to the bank.
        everybody knew that a loooong time ago...lol...are you ever going to be around this way (NJ?) with your CLK...Id love to see how my built motor V compares to your wisetec CLK....should be a very good race...
      1. benzy89's Avatar
        benzy89 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ultimateendz Click here to enlarge
        everybody knew that a loooong time ago...lol...are you ever going to be around this way (NJ?) with your CLK...Id love to see how my built motor V compares to your wisetec CLK....should be a very good race...
        The GSP/287/Turnpike (all of them are in Mexico BTW) will be torn in half from the power of those two cars running against each other.
      1. ultimateendz's Avatar
        ultimateendz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
        The GSP/287/Turnpike (all of them are in Mexico BTW) will be torn in half from the power of those two cars running against each other.
        more like bend space time....lol....all our torque will create a quantum singularity
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Nobody has taken the M3 to this level. NOBODY. Appreciate.
        What level? There is no car on the road&no numbers have been posted so no level has been reached.
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        What level? There is no car on the road&no numbers have been posted so no level has been reached.
        True That! Gintani has really raised the bar on this build......NOT! The bar has been raised to such a level that a double amputi hamster could hurdle the bar from what I have seen.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
        Why doesn't the shop simply admit they can't get the job done and put an end to this torture.
        This is such a stupid comment I won't justify it with anything further.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Ya General Motors finally getting a dual clutch trans (that still isn't in any cars) is somehow equivalent to aftermarket dual clutch development. What a burn....
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        I know he will not be destroying my Weistec CLK, and you can take that to the bank.
        Heh, ok.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        What level? There is no car on the road&no numbers have been posted so no level has been reached.
        Probably should learn what you are talking about: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...I-supercharger
      1. Jimefam's Avatar
        Jimefam -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JRCART Click here to enlarge
        True That! Gintani has really raised the bar on this build......NOT! The bar has been raised to such a level that a double amputi hamster could hurdle the bar from what I have seen.
        Lolroflmao you owe me a monitor! Hold your head sticky but these last few pages are pure comedy.
      1. oldgixxer's Avatar
        oldgixxer -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Probably should learn what you are talking about: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...I-supercharger
        Correct me if I'm wrong but,is that YOUR car? Sticky I'm a bit disapoint in your ricer math. I stand by my original comment.
        Unless of course your comment about no one reaching this new "level" was not directly aimed at your car but just in general.
        Why so nasty with your reply? Damn bro...
      1. ultimateendz's Avatar
        ultimateendz -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        Correct me if I'm wrong but,is that YOUR car? Sticky I'm a bit disapoint in your ricer math. I stand by my original comment.
        Unless of course your comment about no one reaching this new "level" was not directly aimed at your car but just in general.
        Why so nasty with your reply? Damn bro...

        he wished M3s were capable of 9.44@149 even on the juice Click here to enlarge
      1. JRCART's Avatar
        JRCART -
        I am just hoping that all this ribbing motivates Sticky to be up Gintani's ass on a daily basis, it's a shame what has happened here. Now sticky is not only getting mad he is also delusional because he seems to think that if his car ever gets completed its going to run with Earls car and mine......that's some funny $#@!.

        The worst part is Sticky is constanly making excuses for them.....he is like a battered wife that accepts getting slapped around by her husband and them makes up lies and excuses to her friends about how she got that broken nose slipping and falling in the shower and how she hot that black eye when she bumped into the wall walking in the house at nugt with the lights were off.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oldgixxer Click here to enlarge
        Correct me if I'm wrong but,is that YOUR car? Sticky I'm a bit disapoint in your ricer math. I stand by my original comment.
        Unless of course your comment about no one reaching this new "level" was not directly aimed at your car but just in general.
        Why so nasty with your reply? Damn bro...