Close

    • Syvecs delays their BMW N54 Engine Management System until at least Spring 2017

      This is disappointing news for N54 fans who were hoping for an all inclusive ECU solution that would alleviate many issues in the N54 community. Things like control of the DCT gearbox, support for additional injectors, tuning flexibility, etc., are all things the Syvecs ECU is capable of.


      Unfortunately, it seems that as always direct fuel injection system complications make a standalone ECU project that much more complex and difficult. The Syvecs S6 box is showing some impressive results on the E9X M3 S65 V8 but that motor is port fuel injected.

      This is what Syvecs had to say:

      Quote Originally Posted by Syvecs
      Due to circumstances outside of our control, we are delaying the release of the BMW N54 Plug N Play Kit until Spring 2017.

      We appreciate that a lot of owners have been waiting for this kit to become available, however we hope to restart new testing after the new year.
      The original date for the N54 application was late 2015. It just goes to show that this is very complex work.

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Syvecs delays their BMW N54 Engine Management System until at least Spring 2017 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 291 Comments
      1. swain's Avatar
        swain -
        I think in this case, it was a money talks situation. If I were to make a guess, they are regrouping their man hours to focus on the products that have cash money in hand ready to buy. Have to always follow the demand. N54 has a lot of dreamers.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by swain Click here to enlarge
        I think in this case, it was a money talks situation. If I were to make a guess, they are regrouping their man hours to focus on the products that have cash money in hand ready to buy. Have to always follow the demand. N54 has a lot of dreamers.
        I think you make a good point.

        They seem to have an ECU for EVERYTHING these days and they can't possibly cover them all. The N54 market would probably be their smallest but at least they are doing something for it.

        Things take time. When it finally comes out we'll see who puts up the money for it.
      1. The Convert's Avatar
        The Convert -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I think you make a good point.

        They seem to have an ECU for EVERYTHING these days and they can't possibly cover them all. The N54 market would probably be their smallest but at least they are doing something for it.

        Things take time. When it finally comes out we'll see who puts up the money for it.
        If it has the potential like they say, and a suite of factory like failsafes can be programmed in, then I think there will be way more people onboard than just a select few.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Convert Click here to enlarge
        If it has the potential like they say, and a suite of factory like failsafes can be programmed in, then I think there will be way more people onboard than just a select few.
        We'll just have to see I guess. I hope it works out.
      1. E90Company's Avatar
        E90Company -
        N54 is a joke motor and platform not sure why people would try to build one up
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
        N54 is a joke motor and platform not sure why people would try to build one up
        Thanks for the periodic trolling. Appreciated.
      1. Forced_Downunder's Avatar
        Forced_Downunder -
        Thanks for adding value to this thread, seriously why do you even bother coming here to post comments if you feel that way.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Forced_Downunder Click here to enlarge
        Thanks for adding value to this thread, seriously why do you even bother coming here to post comments if you feel that way.
        The thumbs will take care of it. He'll probably be back in a month or two doing it again. In which case I might need to stick my thumb up his ass.
      1. Forced_Downunder's Avatar
        Forced_Downunder -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        The thumbs will take care of it. He'll probably be back in a month or two doing it again. In which case I might need to stick my thumb up his ass.
        Lol may require more than just a thumb Click here to enlarge
      1. martymil's Avatar
        martymil -
        The syvecs has so much potential and I don't mind waiting for it

        It will basically open up the platform for us and it will be restricted by only our imagination.

        You can basically run any big di pump from any other platform as long as you can drive it somehow

        Full safety and fuel cut during a misfire for pi and meth
      1. Traf's Avatar
        Traf -
        Yeah, if only it was not 5k3$...
      1. j_hynson's Avatar
        j_hynson -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Traf Click here to enlarge
        Yeah, if only it was not 5k3$...
        I'd pay it every day and twice on Tuesday. This ecu is for people who are serious about their build. For what some of us have sank into our cars 5k to maximize potential is pennies.

        Motec goes for double and you lose all your luxuries
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        I still don't see the benefit at least not with the sub 900whp power levels we're all running thus far. When it exists I'll definitely pick one up though to play with. Stand alones can be difficult to tune so will be a fun challenge.
      1. Flinchy's Avatar
        Flinchy -
        I thought Andy had a hand deep into getting it set up for them (and one or two other good shops)? Wonder what happened to that for syvecs to semi pull the pin...
      1. j_hynson's Avatar
        j_hynson -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        I still don't see the benefit at least not with the sub 900whp power levels we're all running thus far. When it exists I'll definitely pick one up though to play with. Stand alones can be difficult to tune so will be a fun challenge.
        I like the fact you can mess with traction control, store different custom maps, launch control, change maps on fly etc. How about you just make us one Terry. The N54 world has depended on you for cool things like this for a long time. It would be *with a lisp* "super sweet". And we wouldnt have to sit here while syvecs toys around with maybe and maybe not making the ecu
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by j_hynson Click here to enlarge
        I like the fact you can mess with traction control, store different custom maps, launch control, change maps on fly etc. How about you just make us one Terry. The N54 world has depended on you for cool things like this for a long time. It would be *with a lisp* "super sweet". And we wouldnt have to sit here while syvecs toys around with maybe and maybe not making the ecu
        Sorry would be way too much work for something I don't really believe will become financially successful for the platform. Click here to enlarge The best I will do is tune one and post the maps for you guys who want to run it.
      1. Traf's Avatar
        Traf -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        Sorry would be way too much work for something I don't really believe will become financially successful for the platform. Click here to enlarge The best I will do is tune one and post the maps for you guys who want to run it.
        Thats nice of you !
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        I still don't see the benefit at least not with the sub 900whp power levels we're all running thus far. When it exists I'll definitely pick one up though to play with. Stand alones can be difficult to tune so will be a fun challenge.
        There's some major benefits for the M3's but that is partially because the ECU was not ever set up for forced induction from the factory.

        Either way, I look forward to getting my hands on this thing.
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        There's some major benefits for the M3's but that is partially because the ECU was not ever set up for forced induction from the factory.

        Either way, I look forward to getting my hands on this thing.
        +1 E90 M3 is another story all together. Hope it works out for you. It's only been 4 years since I saw your car last. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        . It's only been 4 years since I saw your car last.
        Was running faster than yours when you saw it though.