Close

    • Fabspeed releases 135i/335i N54 downpipes - $695

      Fabspeed has released their downpipes for the 135i and 335i N54 based vehicles. These downpipes eliminate the primary cats. The diameter of the pipes is 2.75 inches. Gains are about 25 whp with these pipes, 02 simulator included for no check engine lights.


      Dyno:

      This article was originally published in forum thread: Fabspeed releases N54 downpipes - $695 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 14 Comments
      1. mazdaspeed6's Avatar
        mazdaspeed6 -
        Only thing I didn't read Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
        Only thing I didn't read Click here to enlarge
        No worries.
      1. Forcefed's Avatar
        Forcefed -
        Looks like they grind the welds, can anyone confirm?
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Wonder why they chose 2.75" over the popular 3" idea. Maybe it causes less turbulence off the face of the turbine? What is the stock turbo exhaust outlet diameter?
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        It's easier to package 2 x 2.75" pipes than 2 x 3" pipes. I dont blame them either.

        The power gains going from 2.75 to 3 are minimal on a street car anyway. They look pretty good.
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
        It's easier to package 2 x 2.75" pipes than 2 x 3" pipes. I dont blame them either.

        The power gains going from 2.75 to 3 are minimal on a street car anyway. They look pretty good.
        Yeah they are both necking down to 2.5" anyway. I know that supposedly someone with 3" gained 7-15whp over 2.5" pipes with FBO at 15ish psi. I think they were vs Race Land's or one of the crappier ones though with bad cuts/welds thogh.
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        I wish there was more we could do for the high-end torque drop. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
        I wish there was more we could do for the high-end torque drop. Click here to enlarge
        Heads + Cams + Turbos
      1. fundahl's Avatar
        fundahl -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Heads + Cams + Turbos
        Well PAW Motorsport has the headwork covered. No one is using it yet though, that I know of.

        I heard N53 cams may work and increase top end torque, they were for the non-valvetronic 3.0L NA I6 that makes 272HP. Anyone else have details?
      1. mazdaspeed6's Avatar
        mazdaspeed6 -
        I need to get rid of my raceland dp's.. Anyone know someone selling ar dp's for cheap?
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        Sal had been telling me about these (that is his car) and from his info they fit superb.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
        I need to get rid of my raceland dp's.. Anyone know someone selling ar dp's for cheap?
        What is wrong with the raceland dp's?
      1. mazdaspeed6's Avatar
        mazdaspeed6 -
        there hitting my sub frame..very annoying, i need to get under there and adjust them... ar dp's fit so perfect from what i here
      1. ar design's Avatar
        ar design -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mazdaspeed6 Click here to enlarge
        there hitting my sub frame..very annoying, i need to get under there and adjust them... ar dp's fit so perfect from what i here
        Indeed Click here to enlarge