• Pictures of the state M5junky's E60 M5 was in when removed from ASR Engineering for failure to compete custom twin turbo setup

      Steve (M5junky) sent us these pictures with permission to post them. These pictures reveal the state his E60 M5 was in after having spent about 2 years at ASR Engineering. The car was sent there for a twin turbo built motor setup as most of you know and nothing was done. Well, nothing other than stripping the car the car down and leaving it a huge mess. The transmission was pulled and looks to be left stock. The motor was pulled and not built as agreed. The engine bay, well, you can see for yourself.

      There is much more to all of this and the legal wheels are turning. We do not want to get in the way or step on anyone's toes so we will simply let this play out. What people should be aware of is that tens of thousands were spent by M5junky and M5Ranger to receive their twin turbo setups on the E60 M5 only to be jerked around with nothing being completed and the money being pocketed. No refund has been issued as of this point and we will follow progress on the story as it develops.























      This article was originally published in forum thread: There cars are out of there!!!! - M5's removed from ASR started by Lock n Load View original post
      Comments 339 Comments
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Pretty much. Nitrous installes to Custom build s85 twin turbo. That's a big jump.
      1. MSIZZLE's Avatar
        MSIZZLE -
        i know ranger may not always be the most friendly guy in the world but that has nothing to do with him paying for something and getting jerked off for 2 years!! There has to be more to this story because it just doesnt make sence with the pieces of it we have now, for example it takes 2 maybe 3 days to pull a motor so what happened the other 727 days!?!? your telling me the cars just sat in a corner?? Ranger would not have allowed that and at some point im sure this shop was excited about the project. On the flip side you could fabricate the hardware for this build with silly putty in less than 2 years, with the use of cad technology there is just no way it should have taken this long, there are software programs that you can test everything down to the temp on different spots on the headers to make sure they are flowing correctly,once your done it sounds silly but you hit print. If these guys paid more that what the parts cost witch im sure they did i dont know what makes ASR thinks they shouldnt give it up being the mess they made of the cars. Asr should have all the harware mapped out tested and machined in the given amount of time, and just think they still had the brain of the s85 to attempt to tune!! The reason they didnt get turbos and the necessary plumbing to fit under the hood is because it DOESNT FIT!! The only way you will get a TT s85 is with turbos in the back that sts and others have toyed with....

        By the way there is no gag order or anything else like that so there is no legal reason that you cant write about what you saw or heard, you didnt sign a confidentiality agreement so if you went to a shop and saw a car getting x done there is no law against talking about it, just because the customer and the shop is in a dispute, only lies can be slander so if your telling the truth there is nothing that can be done about it.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
        By the way there is no gag order or anything else like that so there is no legal reason that you cant write about what you saw or heard, you didnt sign a confidentiality agreement so if you went to a shop and saw a car getting x done there is no law against talking about it, just because the customer and the shop is in a dispute, only lies can be slander so if your telling the truth there is nothing that can be done about it.
        Exactly, there is no law that says we can not speak about this and we most certainly will as this is basically the biggest thing going on right now. We want to see what happens with this...
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        The cars shouldn't of been destroyed. In my experience when stock part aren't used there boxed and given back. Well that's how real shops are. This asr place sounds like trash.
      1. oddjob2021's Avatar
        oddjob2021 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MSIZZLE Click here to enlarge
        Asr should have all the harware mapped out tested and machined in the given amount of time, and just think they still had the brain of the s85 to attempt to tune!! The reason they didnt get turbos and the necessary plumbing to fit under the hood is because it DOESNT FIT!! The only way you will get a TT s85 is with turbos in the back that sts and others have toyed with....

        By the way there is no gag order or anything else like that so there is no legal reason that you cant write about what you saw or heard, you didnt sign a confidentiality agreement so if you went to a shop and saw a car getting x done there is no law against talking about it, just because the customer and the shop is in a dispute, only lies can be slander so if your telling the truth there is nothing that can be done about it.
        ok fine, here is my reply then, im not really trying to defend asr, it may look that way, but in fact im just telling the board my story, what i have eye witness accounts of. its funny you talk about the turbo placement, this was known long ago... when i mentioned in one of my previous posts about the valve cover oil... i was referring to this. the turbos, in order to fit, have to sit so low in fact, that the oil drain would have to snake up against gravity, a nono. in order to remedy this, a oil scavenge pump was R&D'd then made, and the valve cover needed to be tapped to let the oil flow back down through the head, there are more custom parts that are done than you think, the build was never completed due to funding issues, and that is that, the reason it was ever put on the back burner, and from what i saw under a car cover mind you, was the complication with his employment, put it this way if you knew someone was in a financial crisis who owed you a massive amount of money, would you continue to work on the job?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Exactly, there is no law that says we can not speak about this and we most certainly will as this is basically the biggest thing going on right now. We want to see what happens with this...
        no doubt, and like he said, if it's truth there is nothing that i should be worried about, so actually im quite content.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Pretty much. Nitrous installes to Custom build s85 twin turbo. That's a big jump.
        asr is no nelson, ur, hennessy, or hpf, but the guy can do some incredible engineering, if you ever followed his work before e60's you'd see. more recent, how about the fact that his turbo upgrade for the n54 makes the most power so far without nitrous. and to boot, AMS's job was scrapped because they COULDNT produce equal or close power to the competition, I wonder who they were referring to? (RB dynos were not out yet)

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        The cars shouldn't of been destroyed. In my experience when stock part aren't used there boxed and given back. Well that's how real shops are. This asr place sounds like trash.
        hey im not going to tell him how to run his business and neither should you but you're right, if juan truly received the car in $#@!ty condition that is wrong. asr is definitely not a shop with A+ customer service, thats for sure, i see the reason is because of the lack of employment, if they had a phone guy/secretary im sure a lot more phonecalls/e-mails would be answered, and all the guess work while waiting wouldnt turn into what we see here.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Fair enough. Not anwsering the phone is a joke. I would bet HPF does 10x the work these people do. I can get ahold of them anytime, turbo kit customer even have a 911 numbers.
        Building a custome a TT kit in s85 is a major thing then there's tuning, can't compare that to some turbo upgrades. I'm pretty sure my friend LM car is the best I've seen n54 no NOS.

        There's cars are salvaged now. This asr people sound
        like a joke to me.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        A plus service. Lol. A job that's takes all your money then gives you a salvaged car back. Sounds like a winner. I'm glad I deal with the best company in the BMW scene.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
        put it this way if you knew someone was in a financial crisis who owed you a massive amount of money, would you continue to work on the job?
        There is a gaping hole in this theory.

        First of all, you have two cars. Steve provided tens of thousands cash, what is there to show for it? Seriously, what? Because I don't see anything.

        Then you have Juan who also provided money. It seems that Juan is being targeted here and Steve being dismissed. Everything is being put on Juan to deflect attention, why?

        What explains two cars with the same results? Steve wasn't in any crisis and I doubt Juan was having any serious financial issues but even if he was that doesn't explain dropping both cars.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        There's no excuse to do what they did to those cars. Let me do that to your and take 30k. I just finished a single turbo kit for n54. I got you.
      1. oddjob2021's Avatar
        oddjob2021 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        Fair enough. Not anwsering the phone is a joke. I would bet HPF does 10x the work these people do. I can get ahold of them anytime, turbo kit customer even have a 911 numbers.
        Building a custome a TT kit in s85 is a major thing then there's tuning, can't compare that to some turbo upgrades. I'm pretty sure my friend LM car is the best I've seen n54 no NOS.

        There's cars are salvaged now. This asr people sound
        like a joke to me.
        i hate to hash this over and over... LM is the highest no nos Customer record holder at just over/under 500wheel right?. the asr 135 made 540wheel+. the dyno has been posted countless times and there are eye witnesses here, even an admin here who was present.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        There is a gaping hole in this theory.

        First of all, you have two cars. Steve provided tens of thousands cash, what is there to show for it? Seriously, what? Because I don't see anything.

        Then you have Juan who also provided money. It seems that Juan is being targeted here and Steve being dismissed. Everything is being put on Juan to deflect attention, why?

        What explains two cars with the same results? Steve wasn't in any crisis and I doubt Juan was having any serious financial issues but even if he was that doesn't explain dropping both cars.
        no doubt there will be holes. i do not have the full story, nor really do i want it. i have little to no information on steve, so instead of feeding bull$#@! like some members wouldnt have a problem with, im more humble and choose to just tell the facts i know, instead of fabricating a similar story for steve. abid wont post here to say how he is involved, you should communicate back via e-mail and ask yourself sticky, then post the info here if you so wish.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
        There's no excuse to do what they did to those cars. Let me do that to your and take 30k. I just finished a single turbo kit for n54. I got you.
        no doubt, i would be pissed too. problem is life is hard, it isnt pleasentville. i dont think it is for any of us to say what gets done, but i too would be upset if i lost a large deposit due to any reason, anyone would!
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        I'm not into the n54 crowd I have a
        Hpf2.5. I just know LM and his car. The damn car should at least been put back togather. Who treats a M5 like that? I wouldn't even let these dudes look
        at my car.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
        no doubt there will be holes. i do not have the full story, nor really do i want it. i have little to no information on steve, so instead of feeding bull$#@! like some members wouldnt have a problem with, im more humble and choose to just tell the facts i know, instead of fabricating a similar story for steve. abid wont post here to say how he is involved, you should communicate back via e-mail and ask yourself sticky, then post the info here if you so wish.
        I'm interested in hearing from M5junky directly, minimizes the he said she said.

        His pictures do say a lot.
      1. oddjob2021's Avatar
        oddjob2021 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I'm interested in hearing from M5junky directly, minimizes the he said she said.

        His pictures do say a lot.
        how does it minimize it? his side will have abid being the 'he said' no? you should try to get his entire story in addition to abids, then draw your own conclusions.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
        how does it minimize it? his side will have abid being the 'he said' no? you should try to get his entire story in addition to abids, then draw your own conclusions.
        Well, technically, we already have Abids which is what you shared about Juan supposedly not paying and leaving M5junky out entirely, right?
      1. oddjob2021's Avatar
        oddjob2021 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Well, technically, we already have Abids which is what you shared about Juan supposedly not paying and leaving M5junky out entirely, right?
        wrong, my story is just what i saw, a million more things transpired when i wasn't witness. steve's story is just as important and you need it and i dont have it. again, you need the entire story from all three parties, not an onlooker, nor any other member here, some of which think they know the whole story after only getting one side.
      1. M5 Junky's Avatar
        M5 Junky -
        This is directed at oddjob... *I'd like to know what end of the pipe your hitting? *Who are you to have such the audacity to write the things you've written?!! *You come on here, and take aim at a guy (ranger), and blatantly write "you don't have all the facts", but this is your best stab at it! *What?!?!? *You insult a mans career? *Especially a guy who has saved lives in a hospital!! *I wonder if you know why he uses the name ranger? *Are you that blind to insult a man that stood up for you in the military?? *If I were you I'd take my hat off while speaking to him and call him sir. *I am completely shocked!! *I don't know how old you are, or what you are about, but if I were you I'd get a clue and start apologizing up and down. Especially because you DO NOT have all the facts! *If you only knew the entire story.... Let me tell you something - obviously you do not understand a lot of things. It's apparent you are flapping your jaw in defense of Abid, and I hope it's not under the direction of Abid. I've read every post you wrote recently. *I can't tell you how furious I am that you would write that kind of crap! *If I were you I would watch my tongue closely. You have no idea the things I could post that would literally devastate this ship, and put it all in perspective for everyone. *I have EVERYTHING showing ALL the deception, so if you want to keep writing high school gossip go right ahead. I'll have a field day posting and posting and posting. *If I seem fit to do so - I'll right every single thing I have and fill 3-4 pages of this thread that will really have you spinning. Let me give you some advice - don't post things you only "guess" about. Also - I'm sure you've heard the phrase "watch out for the quiet guy in the corner" - he does his homework. By the way, you wrote that R&D, and drawings were a cost in this whole thing. Let me ask you. Why would I pay Abid for R&D, and someone to draw a pipe? ***If I'm paying for R&D and CAD work - your dam sure I would be looking for my cut in every sale he would have done over the TT projects life. Obviously another blown statement by you. *Also why would I drive 2400 miles round trip to get my car in a surprise visit if Juan and I had seen actual parts? *Why would I be calling on other tuners to fix my car and asking them to put other mods on instead, if money was an issue? *Why do I have so many photos and paperwork to put every word you said to shame? *Why were there months of guys looking for exhausts and money back? *Why are there guys all over the globe looking for products that ASR failed to deliver? *I am in utter disbelief that Abid has a voice on here that is both calais and ignorant to the facts. *Keep bringing the bull odd one - I'll keep the truth at hand.*Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M5 Junky Click here to enlarge
        Why were there months of guys looking for exhausts and money back? *Why are there guys all over the globe looking for products that ASR failed to deliver?
        This is very true and the issues with ASR's customer service especially in relation with customers around the globe is why they were removed from here as a vendor.

        I noticed on another forum you stated you do not blame Gustav for what transpired because no one could foresee it. Well, I do disagree a bit as a more pro-active admin who would have been more vocal about the issues with ASR and removed them earlier while stating why they were removed might have prevented more damage. It is not completely Gustav's fault but certainly M5board played a huge role in all of this as that was where you really found out about ASR and were put in touch. By Gustav deleting any questioning about ASR it prevented challenging ASR's credibility and ability to complete such a project. Even if it was a slim chance that such posts would expose such an inability and sparing 1 person from the fate you suffered it would still be worth it. Hence why I believe M5board definitely deserves some blame in all of this.

        I would like to hear you perspective as for whatever reason Juan seems to be the target and you are left out. I'm not sure what you are allowed to say at this point but it would seem you are being avoided as a target for some reason, likely because there is nothing negative that can be said or even stretched to be used against you.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by oddjob2021 Click here to enlarge
        wrong, my story is just what i saw, a million more things transpired when i wasn't witness. steve's story is just as important and you need it and i dont have it. again, you need the entire story from all three parties, not an onlooker, nor any other member here, some of which think they know the whole story after only getting one side.
        Well, part of what you are saying it would seem to be is carrying Abid's voice in the background.

        Oddjob, you are correct, we need the entire story from all parties. Absolutely, do not want to pick favorites but you also have to understand Abid/ASR is not in the most positive position at the moment.

        I value your opinion as a third party and appreciate you want to provide the other side. Even though that may upset others I understand what you are doing and encourage you to voice your side respectfully as you have.
      1. Lock n Load's Avatar
        Lock n Load -
        Steve thank you. Very well said. The truth brother.
        Total confidence because we know THE TRUTH.
        Doing research, gathering info, data, occurrences and chronology.

        oddjob do not be a minion and sycophant. When you jump you better know where you'll land. There's an old airborne ranger expression, "jumping is optional but landing is mandatory". Think about it.
        I already communicated to you. Enough said.

        Good day sir.
        Ranger

        btw the name is Juan but don't know yours. Funny you know and speak so personal about me yet we've NEVER met. WOW amazing.
      1. m6beast's Avatar
        m6beast -
        Man! How are you guys sticking up for ASR after all of this. I have a story to tell about how Abid does business.
        I had Abid do some work for me as well, in the mean time he met a good friend of mine that started his own performance shop. After meeting Abid, he was thrilled with his knowledge and talked to him about becoming business partners.
        So Abid saw this as a great business opportunity and even fooled my friend like he would move to NC. He even brought his girlfriend/wife up here to look at houses. That was a great way to make a business partner believe in him. After a couple of months he told my friend his woman was pregnant so the move might take some time, while my buddy was sending money to him for e36 turbo projects even invested in software tuning for Abid no signs of his investment.
        To make this short and sweet, he's now in the whole over 80,000 so I don't see how ranger and steve will see their money.
        Abid was working on my buddies e36 M3 for tuning and they car just sat outside for almost a year, car was faded and dash was cracked, how could you do this to a business partner that's sending you money and helping pay your bills.
        Abid is a smart guy, played my friend because he knew he was loaded do to a family franchise and continued to bull$#@! his way with him.
        So my buddy got tired of waiting picked up his car and his software programing and head for home.
        I don't know what's the deal with the final outcome, but I do know he was in the whole 80,000 plus what ever loses he had and a car that was mint condition to now faded paint and cracked interior. You know how hot Miami can be, so feel for him too.
        Sorry Steve and Juan for your situation I wish there was something I could do to help you guys. If you guys need any of my help let me know.
        GClick here to enlarge