Close

    • ESS tuning threatens BimmerBoost with legal action over revealing issues with the supercharged RDsport stroker motor


      Asbjorn from ESS sent some very nasty letters threatening Bimmerboost with legal action over revealing issues with the supercharged stroker motor. Frankly, we do not understand why Asbjorn is doing this as it is completely beneath any professional company and far more could be accomplished by taking the higher road as one would expect the head of a large BMW aftermarket company to do. BimmerBoost does not condone these actions and finds them offensive and unprofessional. No company should say they would take pleasure in hurting anyone.

      Here is what Asbjorn@ESS sent:

      12-28-10:

      The response stated that our sources have given us different information than what has been posted around the web on the subject. Asbjorn would send another e-mail shortly after:

      This is simply deplorable. Stating one would take pleasure in hurting a person and their family is not how professional companies operate in the United States. They may not have the First Amendment in Norway, but we sure have it in the United States, and BimmerBoost will not be bullied or intimidated by ESS or anyone else for that matter.

      We realize that AJ likely sent these e-mails in the heat of the moment which is why the response was one that dismissed the idle threats:

      Asbjorn once again responded with threats:

      After this nothing was received for a few days until today, January 2, 2011 when Asbjorn sent another e-mail. His tone was completely different in this one and clearly he realized he made a mistake and attempted to play nice asking to bury the hatchet and move on. The tone expressed here by AJ is one much more in line with what one would expect. Addtionally, we commend Asbjorn on wanting to mend fences and do what is best for ESS and BimmerBoost. We would like nothing more than to do so and thank Asbjorn on the compliments paid to Bimmerboost:

      The points raised were addressed and here is part of the response:

      We were more than willing to mend any fences and take the higher ground rather than lob threats and insults but Asbjorn@ESS reverted back to his previous form after I thought we came to an understanding:

      Now, we simply have had enough of these threats and insults. This is beneath ESS and BimmerBoost is not going to be pushed around into doing what ESS wants us to do. They can threaten, yell, scream, or even try to play nice for an e-mail or two.

      We have nothing against ESS. We honestly do wish ESS the best and will continue to give the products fair and equal coverage on the front page and throughout the forum. We intend to do what is best for BMW enthusiasts.

      BimmerBoost would like to be the first to extend its hand in friendship despite the threats and insults. We feel this type of behavior from ESS does not do BimmerBoost or ESS any good. We think it needs to stop and we can all be far more productive using this energy to support one another instead of threatening to bring someone else down and taking pleasure in it. We should help one another and start the year off positively, certainly not like this.

      In an effort to make sure we report the most accurate information possible, we will take Robert Collins up on his invitation to take a look at the stroker and the parts as well as his $100 incentive in doing so. We will take pictures and report back exactly what we learn. That is as fair as we can possibly be and it is being done on their terms. It is as simple as that and we wish all parties involved in this the best. It is high time for this all to come to an end and if we have to be the ones to set the precedent on cordial communication and interaction, so be it.
      This article was originally published in forum thread: ESS tuning threatens BimmerBoost with legal action over revealing issues with the SC stroker started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 127 Comments
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
        I'm not sure if "retarded bull$#@!" is an accepted legal term.
        I assure you it isn't or I would be using the $#@! out of it.
      1. RLSinCO's Avatar
        RLSinCO -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        I assure you it isn't or I would be using the $#@! out of it.

        I just have to say Yomama69 - I just stare transfixed at your animated gif...LOL! Poor Snooki, I could never imagine that she did anything to deserve that...Jersey folk! (My wife is from Jersey)
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RLSinCO Click here to enlarge
        I just have to say Yomama69 - I just stare transfixed at your animated gif...LOL! Poor Snooki, I could never imagine that she did anything to deserve that...Jersey folk! (My wife is from Jersey)
        My avatar is supposed to be animated too. If someone knows why it isn't, please let me know.
      1. speedplay's Avatar
        speedplay -
        I'm Sam of Auto Talent & posting to clarify some things. I did not read the thread but got some calls (from other members with regards to his motor) about it so here I am.

        - Robert / Pencil Geek / PG's motor was never blown or had any problems. The reason for the re-build is to make more power to achieve the 200 mph goal in the Texas Mile. He drove his car from Northern California to Southern California to take care of the next step. Robert has been very upfront about everything he's done with his car & it's performance.

        - I did say "believe what you want" & "sure" when asked about Robert's motor after I told them it was a rebuild for more power. It's possible that whoever I spoke to only heard the rebuild part. If someone is insistent that the motor is blown when I mentioned "rebuild" then that's when I will say "sure" or something similar just to get them to leave me alone.

        - If Robert's motor had issues then there would be signs on the pistons which are for sale along with the rods. Robert is not out to deceive anyone which means he would not sell bad parts.


        If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me
      1. GG///M3's Avatar
        GG///M3 -
        the moral of the thread is we miss Yomama69 welcome back to our forum
      1. carguy411's Avatar
        carguy411 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lock n Load Click here to enlarge
        Hey carguy very revealing. From your comment buddy I have you pegged.
        Im unsure what you mean by this whole thing but alright.
      1. BattaM3's Avatar
        BattaM3 -
        Ess isn't crap. Just shady dynos and kits taking forever to make it to market. Only thing I have against them is they got ke banned for life on m3forum. For cross posting dyno from here. Lol
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by superballz Click here to enlarge
        Whoops, looks like someone started talking $#@! before they got their facts. You should go take pictures of a perfectly good engine, poorly photoshop them, and post them so you and all your minions can use it to find a reason to rag on what a crap product ESS has.
        Really? On your first post?
      1. DBFIU's Avatar
        DBFIU -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        Really? On your first post?

        I called it, lots of trolls are signing up just to comment to this thread.


        I'm good, high fiiiiive!!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
        Joseph i never saw you , i never talked to you in person but i respect you very much. As someone who respect you i should say these threads are harmful for you forum . know you will say the truth must be said but the thing is everyone knows the truth,everyone knows who is the douchebag.
        and Asbjorn can go to hell with his nasty letter.
        hope this shame (ESS vs others war) will be gone
        Herosina, I have not met you either but we have spoken here for some time and I respect your opinion as well.

        I know this can be harmful however it is necessary for individuals to see how Asbjorn@ESS operates behinds the scenes, inexcusable. I remain optimistic we can solve things positively. There is no place for the comments Asbjorn made and I would like for this all to be gone as well. The door is more than open for amicable resolution. Threats are not it...
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Lock n Load Click here to enlarge

        The statements made by Asbjorn were unbelieveable. A business would go to that level hits a low. In this case if he thought he had an issue then take it up one on one.
        Sticky if you have the truth and facts then do not stand down.
        Thanks Ranger, you know how it is yourself with a company that will say one thing in public yet do something completely different behind your back.

        I will not stand down but I also want to make it clear I do not even wish Asbjorn any harm. I simply think we should be beyond this and work it out one on one to our mutual benefit as you stated.

        We are car guys and we are a small community, threatening to hurt people's families is not what we stand for.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by speedplay Click here to enlarge
        I'm Sam of Auto Talent & posting to clarify some things. I did not read the thread but got some calls (from other members with regards to his motor) about it so here I am.

        - Robert / Pencil Geek / PG's motor was never blown or had any problems. The reason for the re-build is to make more power to achieve the 200 mph goal in the Texas Mile. He drove his car from Northern California to Southern California to take care of the next step. Robert has been very upfront about everything he's done with his car & it's performance.

        - I did say "believe what you want" & "sure" when asked about Robert's motor after I told them it was a rebuild for more power. It's possible that whoever I spoke to only heard the rebuild part. If someone is insistent that the motor is blown when I mentioned "rebuild" then that's when I will say "sure" or something similar just to get them to leave me alone.

        - If Robert's motor had issues then there would be signs on the pistons which are for sale along with the rods. Robert is not out to deceive anyone which means he would not sell bad parts.


        If there are any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me
        Believe what you want and sure? Uh, you used to tell people the motor was blown, why is the story changing now? Robert himself confirms it. Seems you are very responsible for all this as is Robert himself:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pencilgeek Click here to enlarge
        Sam at Auto Talent made up a story about MY motor being blown just to f* with the gullible and group thinkers.
        http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...0552#post50552

        So what is really going on? Earlier on you told people about the issues, like Vik (TazaM3), but now are changing your story. Why would you tell people the motor was blown along with Robert but now all of a sudden are saying it isn't? Something is wrong here.

        I have been invited down there, let me know what days would work for you.
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by superballz Click here to enlarge
        Whoops, looks like someone started talking $#@! before they got their facts. You should go take pictures of a perfectly good engine, poorly photoshop them, and post them so you and all your minions can use it to find a reason to rag on what a crap product ESS has.

        you were saying something about speaking too soon?

        http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...1770#post91770
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Why would PG say his motor was blown if it was not blown? This is some shady $#@!ing $#@! and it just gets worse by the day.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        Why would PG say his motor was blown if it was not blown? This is some shady $#@!ing $#@! and it just gets worse by the day.
        Strong case they have, eh?

        Exactly, he said it was blown himself before anyone else and they are mad at me? What?
      1. Harry Henderson's Avatar
        Harry Henderson -
        Edit by admin: Did not even read, IP ban for dupe accounts.
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Strong case they have, eh?

        Exactly, he said it was blown himself before anyone else and they are mad at me? What?
        I wouldn't want that evidence to go to a jury if I was representing those guys. That much I would tell you.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        I wouldn't want that evidence to go to a jury if I was representing those guys. That much I would tell you.
        No kidding, seems Asbjorn really thought this through.
      1. Yomama69's Avatar
        Yomama69 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        No kidding, seems Asbjorn really thought this through.
        The truth always comes out one way or another. Unfortunately, companies don't like to own up to their mistakes and try to cover them up so as to not affect future business and the bottom line. I don't think anyone is even questioning Asbjorn's reasons. Regardless, it's bad business practice and it's the reason I do what I do.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yomama69 Click here to enlarge
        The truth always comes out one way or another. Unfortunately, companies don't like to own up to their mistakes and try to cover them up so as to not affect future business and the bottom line. I don't think anyone is even questioning Asbjorn's reasons. Regardless, it's bad business practice and it's the reason I do what I do.
        To be honest, I could care less about the motor. Things happen when pushing the limits and this has really nothing to do with ESS or the quality level of their kits for OEM motors. I believe their product in that respect is a strong offering and people can be confident in their purchase. That is how they should be going about this, stating this is not a typical ESS case and a one-off project.

        All I have to say to Asbjorn is, learn from Wayne/Powerchip and do not go down that route especially when your hand is so weak. Doing so in the manner that they did just makes them look petty and nothing like a professional operation.