• New overall 60-130 record achieved by Mikewads for the E92/E9X M3 - 6.23

      This M3 of mine continues to impress me. The S65 engine and DCT are just amazing! I think the DCT impresses me the most since it's been able to handle every bit of power that I throw at it without slipping.

      The cold weather in the Southeast has enabled me to achieve some great 60-130 mph times this week. I'll start with the results of the ESS VT2-600 supercharger only run (no nitrous). 27F / full weight / 93 octane.

      6.87 secs in 1011 ft




      After that run I just had to try it with nitrous. So... I went back to the shop, warmed the nitrous bottle to 900psi, and installed the 100 shot nitrous/fuel jets. I was unable to engage the nitrous in 2nd gear because it would just blow the tires, so I waited until I shifted into 3rd gear (you can actually hear the switch in the below video). 33F / full weight / 93 octane.

      6.23 secs in 904 ft



      This article was originally published in forum thread: New 60-130 mph record breaking runs!!! started by Mikewads View original post
      Comments 163 Comments
      1. img's Avatar
        img -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
        Ok smart ass then explain the large differences between mikes times and cars with similar ess setups? besides the "weather"
        So if the weather theory was true then every 60-130 times ever posted would be invalid unless a weather station was available to log and verify the Temp ?
      1. img's Avatar
        img -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Well for me it is a change that clearly reflects the different weather conditions.
        what about Drews time Sticky ?
        Did u factor the weather which was 40 degrees and he was running water meth,wouldnt using water meth lower the intake temp by 10-20 degrees,also he ran race fuel and at least 2PSI more.so when taking all that into account,Drews car should be easy 6.5 or low 6's which it didnt !!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PencilGeek Click here to enlarge
        Actually, my analysis was not flawed, not biased, and has held up to the actual data exactly as I predicted it would.
        It was incredibly biased as you mixed and matched data to try to strengthen your biased position. Using flawed data and then claiming it is accurate is misleading and not respectable. Drew tore it all to pieces, read his article.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PencilGeek Click here to enlarge
        Links to those runs please. No apples-to-oranges comparisons that you like so much. No 6MT vs. DCT runs. No stroker vs non-stroker runs. Just pure apples-to-apples comparison of VT2-600 kit, DCT, pump gas. Show me the links to those runs because I don't think they exist.
        Uh, ever check the 60-130 list: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...ding-Mile-list

        7.05 - Mikewads / E92 M3 ESS VT-1 SC / DCT/ Nitrous 75-100 shot / 3 shifts
        7.06 - DLSJ5 / E92 M3 Gintani Stage 2 SC / DCT / 91 octane and meth / 9 psi / 3 shifts - GRAPH
        7.37 - DLSJ5 / E92 M3 Gintani Stage 2 SC / DCT / 91 octane and meth / 8 psi / 3 shifts /
        7.85 - IMG / E92 M3 ESS VT2-600 / Manual / 1 shift / GRAPH
        7.86 - Maros / E46 M3 ESS SC 16 psi Built Motor/ 1 shift
        8.31 - Biglare/ E90 M3 DCT ESS VT-600 SC / Bolt ons/ 3.62 Gears/ ESS DCT Software / 91 Pump/ 20" wheels (Not Verified Yet)
        8.34 - Pencilgeek /E92 M3 6MT/ RS-46 RDsport stroker w/ESS VT600 SC / Bolt ons/ 91 octane/ 1 shift (Not Verified Yet)
        8.59 – Dr Jitsu / E46 M3 BHS SC Built Motor 16 psi / SMG / MS109/ 1 shift
        8.67 - DLSJ5 / E46 M3 VFE Supercharged Stage 2 8.5psi / SMG / 3.91 gears/ MS109 / 2 shifts
        8.82 - sammyrusso / E92 M3 DCT Gintani Stage 1 SC / Bolt Ons/ HFC's / 91 octane / 2 shifts
        8.84 - RomanESS / E92 M3 VT-575 /DCT / Stock cats/ ESS DCT Software / 3 shifts/ ? (Needs to be verified)
        9.01- Eugene Tawain E92 M3 6MT Gpower SC @ 6psi / Bolt ons / pump / 2 shifts

        Now you claim you predicted this? Huh, what? Because last I saw it took nitrous on top of the kit to equal the performance of just a Gintani Stage 2+ with meth on boost alone.

        So this is a fairly large shift wouldn't you say? Yet nothing has changed? Well, something did to go from 7.05 to 6.2x now. Is it weather and drag radials alone? Perhaps, but don't act like you called this when all data up to this point directly conflicted everything you had said and now you are using one number as an absolute that somehow supports you.

        I am so sick of this always becoming Gintani vs. ESS but the easiest way to settle anything is just to run the kits head to head or get them in the same place. Oh, here we go again, Roman won't let people race and they won't show up to a dyno day because they know they can't win. I'm tired of it and I'm tired of you claiming efficiency bull$#@!.

        Why weren't you able to predict the ESS kit can't trap 130 on boost alone? Why weren't you able to predict it would stomped by a stock Z06? Why did you ignore all the 60-130 results thus far? Well?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PencilGeek Click here to enlarge
        You live by the Drag Times DA calculator. Have you tried running these numbers through and seen the results? I have. 2500ft DA difference only makes 0.052 seconds difference.
        You still do not understand the difference between ET and trap and that the DA has different effects on NA and forced induction motors. 0.052, realy? Here is a DA example:

        At 2500 feet DA 12.5@110 would change to this:

        Stock and Mildly Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
        12.119 @ 113.538 MPH

        Extensively Modified Naturally Aspirated Engines
        12.243 @ 112.413 MPH

        Extensively Modified Supercharged and Turbocharged Engines
        12.356 @ 111.282 MPH

        So maybe try using that calculator again since you did not use it correctly when over 4/10's and 3 mph can be seen just by a drop a temp?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
        what about Drews time Sticky ?
        Did u factor the weather which was 40 degrees and he was running water meth,wouldnt using water meth lower the intake temp by 10-20 degrees,also he ran race fuel and at least 2PSI more.so when taking all that into account,Drews car should be easy 6.5 or low 6's which it didnt !!
        Drew's times are influenced big time by the weather (and weight) as well.

        You think he ran 11's in a full weight car in the summer? This has now become a pointless game of each person posting the best numbers in different conditions and now we compare them as absolutes. Get the cars in the same place, same time, and let's put an end to this already.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
        So if the weather theory was true then every 60-130 times ever posted would be invalid unless a weather station was available to log and verify the Temp ?
        They are not invalid, you just have to understand how they work and how you can influence the numbers.
      1. ZR1638's Avatar
        ZR1638 -
        I agree with IMG if Mike can run 6.8 with his setup Drew should be running low 6's. According to Sticky the Gintani cars make all of 600 whp and the ESS kits dont even make rated power of 510 whp so with his logic Drew should crush mikes times.

        I love how Sticky and Jon forget that Drew is running higher boost and water / meth which is designed to lower intake air and increase octane rating. This info has never been taken into account by these guys as to why drew's times have been better than past ESS times but a few degrees lower temp on a ESS car and OMG it makes a huge difference Mike is cheating.. The only other Gintani 60-130 done was on a DCT car that ran high 8's. This was a lower boost kit which compared to the lower boost ESS car the times were also slower. I have seen to date 8.3 posted by an ESS car Biglare which was faster than the 8.8 posted by a Gintani car running about the same boost with no water / meth. Gintani has also never posted a 60-130 with a manual car to compare to IMG's 7.5 which makes me wonder if the times are so bad they wont make them public. Now Mike while still running less boost and no water / meth has run .3 faster than the flagship Gintani car. Facts are facts you cant argue with the times and make excuses.

        Sticky / Jon I would love for you to explain / spin how 10-15 deg in ambient temp can be more effective in making additional power than 2+ psi, water / meth and race gas. Better yet If you want to continue to make excuses then run a Gintani car with a boost gauge hooked up like mike has done in his video and beat his times with 7-7.5 psi. Then you can come back here and continue to sell people on the fact that Gintani is a superior product with all things being equal like you have been trying for the past year. You need to get over the fact that your sponsors kit no longer holds the fastest 60-130 even with higher boost, water / meth and race gas. Your continued attempts to discredit mikes times becuase of temp is really sad and you using your site for Gintani marketing is also sad.

        Also it has been posted that Drew was using drags on his runs so please stop making that an issue unless Drew wants to state that he does his runs on something other than DR's. He also has stated that he removed his interior on his 1/4 mile runs so its very likely he did the same on his 60-130 runs. Unless you all forget Drew like Mike lowered his times with practice, he started in the high 7's and ended up in the low 7's. Not once did you clowns post in his threads that its only becuase he ran the car in lower temps. I think it has become very clear the two of you have an agenda.

        BTW the 2 of you can continue to give me negative rep points because I call you out on your BS. Im sorry but that is retarded.
      1. JonMartin's Avatar
        JonMartin -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        I agree with IMG if Mike can run 6.8 with his setup Drew should be running low 6's. According to Sticky the Gintani cars make all of 600 whp and the ESS kits dont even make rated power of 510 whp so with his logic Drew should crush mikes times.

        I love how Sticky and Jon forget that Drew is running higher boost and water / meth which is designed to lower intake air and increase octane rating. This info has never been taken into account by these guys as to why drew's times have been better than past ESS times but a few degrees lower temp on a ESS car and OMG it makes a huge difference Mike is cheating.. The only other Gintani 60-130 done was on a DCT car that ran high 8's. This was a lower boost kit which compared to the lower boost ESS car the times were also slower. I have seen to date 8.3 posted by an ESS car Biglare which was faster than the 8.8 posted by a Gintani car running about the same boost with no water / meth. Gintani has also never posted a 60-130 with a manual car to compare to IMG's 7.5 which makes me wonder if the times are so bad they wont make them public. Now Mike while still running less boost and no water / meth has run .3 faster than the flagship Gintani car. Facts are facts you cant argue with the times and make excuses.

        Sticky / Jon I would love for you to explain / spin how 10-15 deg in ambient temp can be more effective in making additional power than 2+ psi, water / meth and race gas. Better yet If you want to continue to make excuses then run a Gintani car with a boost gauge hooked up like mike has done in his video and beat his times with 7-7.5 psi. Then you can come back here and continue to sell people on the fact that Gintani is a superior product with all things being equal like you have been trying for the past year. You need to get over the fact that your sponsors kit no longer holds the fastest 60-130 even with higher boost, water / meth and race gas. Your continued attempts to discredit mikes times becuase of temp is really sad and you using your site for Gintani marketing is also sad.

        Also it has been posted that Drew was using drags on his runs so please stop making that an issue unless Drew wants to state that he does his runs on something other than DR's. He also has stated that he removed his interior on his 1/4 mile runs so its very likely he did the same on his 60-130 runs. Unless you all forget Drew like Mike lowered his times with practice, he started in the high 7's and ended up in the low 7's. Not once did you clowns post in his threads that its only becuase he ran the car in lower temps. I think it has become very clear the two of you have an agenda.

        BTW the 2 of you can continue to give me negative rep points because I call you out on your BS. Im sorry but that is retarded.
        First of all I didn't neg rep you so relax, someone should though because you came in calling me a hater basically and I was pretty positive in my post in this thread if you ask me. Alot more positive then the ESS camp is when Gintani gets good results.

        I just want to know the logic behind biglare's Vt-600 getting a 8.31 and Mikes car getting a 6.8 how does that happen with the same kit? No one is about to convince me that the weather is the cause sorry. At best the weather might make .2-.3 seconds of a difference. Also why is it that Biglare has the same setup and got crushed by the Z06 and yet Drew's car easily walked away from the Z06 yet his car hasn't cracked in to the 6's ?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        love how Sticky and Jon forget that Drew is running higher boost and water / meth which is designed to lower intake air and increase octane rating.
        Who forgot about Meth when meth has been mentioned how many times? What do you think lower temps do for the intake air?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        SS car and OMG it makes a huge difference Mike is cheating..
        No one said it was cheating or anything of the sort, context was the word used. Do you think it is right to dismiss conditions as a factor?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        Gintani has also never posted a 60-130 with a manual car to compare to IMG's 7.5 which makes me wonder if the times are so bad they wont make them public.
        You really are out of your mind. Manual cars have run at the strip, the times were posted, go check. Not everyone has a Vbox.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        Mike while still running less boost and no water / meth has run .3 faster than the flagship Gintani car.
        Yes, and he also ran equal to it WITH nitrous. Where were you then? That doesn't make you wonder?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        Facts are facts you cant argue with the times and make excuses.
        Who is making excuses? We all know what setup is faster, one time does not change that. If this is how it really is why the vast spread of times? This is a great achievement by Mike, let it be that.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        Sticky / Jon I would love for you to explain / spin how 10-15 deg in ambient temp can be more effective in making additional power than 2+ psi, water / meth and race gas.
        It can't be which should answer your question. Plus was it 2+ psi more that Drew was running? Didn't the boost numbers on these runs reach the upper 7's?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        Then you can come back here and continue to sell people on the fact that Gintani is a superior product with all things being equal like you have been trying for the past year.
        Gintani was first to run 130 mph and has two cars doing that on boost. ESS has 0 and 1 with nitrous. Having trouble putting that together?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        You need to get over the fact that your sponsors kit no longer holds the fastest 60-130 even with higher boost, water / meth and race gas. Your continued attempts to discredit mikes times becuase of temp is really sad and you using your site for Gintani marketing is also sad.
        I'm not marketing for Gintani and what sponsorship? What is sad you is you continue to make this into ESS vs. Gintani and think there is some conspiracy when all the credit in the world is being given and no one is denying it. I could care less if Gintani does well or ESS does well. I want the best product for my car and competition will breed that. I'm glad the bar is raised and we will be doing this all over again when these numbers are eclipsed. It is sad you take away from this achievement by turning it into Gintani vs. ESS and will be the catalyst for the thread going down that route.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        Also it has been posted that Drew was using drags on his runs so please stop making that an issue unless Drew wants to state that he does his runs on something other than DR's. He also has stated that he removed his interior on his 1/4 mile runs so its very likely he did the same on his 60-130 runs. Unless you all forget Drew like Mike lowered his times with practice, he started in the high 7's and ended up in the low 7's. Not once did you clowns post in his threads that its only becuase he ran the car in lower temps. I think it has become very clear the two of you have an agenda.
        Who is making it an issue? Good, he ran drag radials, smart. If you want good times, run drag radials so you can hook. Who is saying he shouldn't or that it is wrong? I would run drag radials. It probably is likely Drew did the same on his runs, and? I take him at his word and so you should take Drew. Drew also said he ran pump I believe.

        Why are you calling people clowns and throwing out insults when no one was insulting anyone in this thread? Get a grip and grow up a little bit, please, no one is trying to discredit anyone except state that different temps and conditions will provide different results. Stop being so narrow minded, it's sickening.

        Drew goes out of his way to get a good spot to run in good temps, this is obvious. Who never mentioned it? The temps were mentioned by Mikewads in the very first post, what does that tell you? HE MENTIONED THE TEMPS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE SAID ANYTHING. Get it? He brought it up.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        BTW the 2 of you can continue to give me negative rep points because I call you out on your BS. Im sorry but that is retarded.
        No one is giving you neg rep because you think you are calling someone else out. It is because you are injecting an incredibly negative vibe into what should be a positive thread where everyone was congratulating him but you spit venom like some bitter $#@!, check your own tone because it does not mesh.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
        First of all I didn't neg rep you so relax, someone should though because you came in calling me a hater basically and I was pretty positive in my post in this thread if you ask me. Alot more positive then the ESS camp is when Gintani gets good results.
        Absolutely correct, he is the one calling other haters and being negative essentially ruining the thread. Well done ZR1638, well done.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
        Also why is it that Biglare has the same setup and got crushed by the Z06 and yet Drew's car easily walked away from the Z06 yet his car hasn't cracked in to the 6's ?
        A good point no one can explain.
      1. DLSJ5's Avatar
        DLSJ5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PencilGeek Click here to enlarge
        Which ESS DCT vBox times with similar ESS setups are you talking about? Please give links to exact cars, owners, kits, and vBox results. I analyzed the dyno results a LONG time ago and demonstrated that these kits were the most efficient, and I said the only thing keeping in the way of proving it was an ESS owner with a VBox. Now you've got an ESS owner with a VBox, and I'm seeing the proof that I predicted a while ago. So again Jon, exactly which people are you talking about, and can you provide any links to back up what you say?
        There are more ESS Vbox runs then Gintani, the runs are there to compare. Biglare, Roman, Mike, IMG, M33, You. The DCT cars running the VT575 kits are in the 8's, and one VT600 6MT hit 7.8, in 40 degree weather as well. What time did you hit with far more WHP? 7.5? But you were in much hotter weather, don't you think this explains the differences? Robert with all due respect your initial analyzation was incorrect, not only with my car, but with Sammy's car and another ESS car, partly not your fault as you did not have the correct information on my car, and at the time you used dyno results that did not reflect the true #'s of the kit, but you did not know that.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PencilGeek Click here to enlarge
        And furthermore, do you have any idea how much or how little the weather even affects these results? Has anybody here even done that analysis to see if the talking points and "explanation" even holds up to actual data? If you want, I'll do it for you in a few minutes and post how much or how little the weather affects the results. I doubt it's anything like you and Sticky even make it sound to be.
        Robert, temps, affect 60-130 runs, just like 1/4 mile results, more than anything else, even slope, in a huge way. Around this time of year some of the best 60-130 times occur, Scott (Divexxtreme) the guy who basically come up with this idea, will tell you the exact same thing.
        He's the real deal when it comes to 60-130 data, just about every thread on the subject or thread uses his data to compare. There are more than a few examples of this on 6speedonline, of cars in cold weather running incredible times and he always make an effort to let people know the temps if they are that cold, NO DOUBT they are legit, as is Mike's time, but when you look at all of his runs, along with the nitrous it makes sense.
      1. Mikewads's Avatar
        Mikewads -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        Mike, What drag radials were you running on the rear? Also what size?
        Mickey Thompson 305/35R18s

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        7.05 - Mikewads / E92 M3 ESS VT-1 SC / DCT/ Nitrous 75-100 shot / 3 shifts
        So this is a fairly large shift wouldn't you say? Yet nothing has changed? Well, something did to go from 7.05 to 6.2x now. Is it weather and drag radials alone?
        Yeah something changed! I went from a VT1-535 kit to a VT2-600! Which means the addition of an intercooler system and about 2 more pounds of boost. So no... it's not just the weather and drag radials.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge

        Yeah something changed! I went from a VT1-535 kit to a VT2-600! Which means the addition of an intercooler system and about 2 more pounds of boost. So no... it's not just the weather and drag radials.
        Absolutely, I just thought you were already running the VT2 pulley earlier?
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
        Mickey Thompson 305/35R18s



        Yeah something changed! I went from a VT1-535 kit to a VT2-600! Which means the addition of an intercooler system and about 2 more pounds of boost. So no... it's not just the weather and drag radials.
        Thank you. I enjoy honesty. Congrats BTW. Im really enjoying reading about your progress. I hope you and your kit are the norm and not just an anomaly, as i would like the competition
      1. DLSJ5's Avatar
        DLSJ5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        I agree with IMG if Mike can run 6.8 with his setup Drew should be running low 6's. According to Sticky the Gintani cars make all of 600 whp and the ESS kits dont even make rated power of 510 whp so with his logic Drew should crush mikes times.
        Give me or another car 27-40 degree weather and I think one of us could run in the 6's. Look I understand the competition, and how things are inferred, etc. Mike's car ran that time, it is a fact, I think most here, even people that you believe have an agenda, don't disagree with that. I think there has been some assumptions posted here about the S65 with FI, meth, race gas, weather, tires, etc. that need some clarifying.

        Also, FWIW Larry's VT600 same kit as Mike's, in head to head comparo's with the exact same car, would not have been close against my car, even with full traction. That holds some weight as well, and is really the closest comparo that we have of the two kits.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        I love how Sticky and Jon forget that Drew is running higher boost and water / meth which is designed to lower intake air and increase octane rating. This info has never been taken into account by these guys as to why drew's times have been better than past ESS times but a few degrees lower temp on a ESS car and OMG it makes a huge difference Mike is cheating.. The only other Gintani 60-130 done was on a DCT car that ran high 8's. This was a lower boost kit which compared to the lower boost ESS car the times were also slower. I have seen to date 8.3 posted by an ESS car Biglare which was faster than the 8.8 posted by a Gintani car running about the same boost with no water / meth. Gintani has also never posted a 60-130 with a manual car to compare to IMG's 7.5 which makes me wonder if the times are so bad they wont make them public. Now Mike while still running less boost and no water / meth has run .3 faster than the flagship Gintani car. Facts are facts you cant argue with the times and make excuses.
        Where did they forget that I was running Meth or more boost? Some don't realize, but you have to run meth with 91 octane only, and 9psi on the S65, doesn't matter what kit, I would argue that 7.5psi on 93 octane is pushing it as well, especially on nitrous, but that is just my opinion. At 7.5 - 8psi, I've ran the car with 91/100 mix = approx 95/96 octane, no meth, and the car ran just as fast, meaning the Meth did not do much, dyno results have shown this to be the case as well, it's there for added protection when running 91 octane, that's it. Also as you know power does not come solely from boost, it can come from tweaking AFR's and timing as well.

        I've also ran better times with 91+meth, than I did with ms109+ Meth. Mike completely demonstrated by improving his times, that temps make a difference. The notion that running Meth equates to super cold temps and negative DA is a stretch, I've never heard people making that analogy before. I do agree that in hotter temps it absolutely helps, but that is a good thing, it also helps keep the car from getting heat soaked in run after run, that is a good thing as well. But I think in the car world the conventional wisdom is that temps/conditions have a huge impact on a cars performance. Regardless as I stated here and before, with 7.5 - 8psi I've ran without the Meth and the times were the same, so let's not forget that as well.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        Sticky / Jon I would love for you to explain / spin how 10-15 deg in ambient temp can be more effective in making additional power than 2+ psi, water / meth and race gas. Better yet If you want to continue to make excuses then run a Gintani car with a boost gauge hooked up like mike has done in his video and beat his times with 7-7.5 psi. Then you can come back here and continue to sell people on the fact that Gintani is a superior product with all things being equal like you have been trying for the past year. You need to get over the fact that your sponsors kit no longer holds the fastest 60-130 even with higher boost, water / meth and race gas. Your continued attempts to discredit mikes times becuase of temp is really sad and you using your site for Gintani marketing is also sad.
        I ran my 7.0 in temps that were much higher than 10-15 degrees over 27F. I like what Mike did with the boost gauge, he showed the actual boost of each car, it appears they were off by 1 - 1.5psi when they listed the boost levels for each kit, but the temps could have caused his car to boost a bit more as well. As far as my boost levels, just like every other enthusiast out there, you'll have to take my word for it, apparently if you run Gintani that is not good enough. Click here to enlarge FWIW I don't think anyone is trying to discredit his times, people are too defensive here, I think even Mike will tell you the questions are fair. I think it's more about who's asking it, rather than the question itself that makes you and others feel that way.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZR1638 Click here to enlarge
        Also it has been posted that Drew was using drags on his runs so please stop making that an issue unless Drew wants to state that he does his runs on something other than DR's. He also has stated that he removed his interior on his 1/4 mile runs so its very likely he did the same on his 60-130 runs. Unless you all forget Drew like Mike lowered his times with practice, he started in the high 7's and ended up in the low 7's. Not once did you clowns post in his threads that its only becuase he ran the car in lower temps. I think it has become very clear the two of you have an agenda.
        Where was it posted that i used Drag Radials on all of my Vbox runs? Why do you think Mike was running RE11's?Click here to enlarge Also Drag Radials are only good if they actually hook, lol, Mike is running some pretty beefy one's, and they are fairly new, mine are not, but my best runs so far have been on the RE11's (Street Tires). FWIW practice doesn't do much on the DCT, times are pretty consistent, TEMPS, make the biggest difference from what I have found and of course slop to some degree. As an example a stock PDK 911, hit 10.11 in 113 degree weather, in 90 degree weather another PDK hit 8.79, not a perfect analogy because 113 is very hot, but you get the point.

        There is a bit of a gap in Mike's times, simply by adding intercooling 1-2psi and colder temps he ran an amazing time, look at his old run of 5-6psi and a 100 shot, about the same as my 9psi run, if you look at those, you might scratch your head and say, how the hell did he do that, lol, so I think the questions here are fair, and Mike with his usual level headedness did not get defensive about it. But I agree his #'s are 100% the real deal. If I owned an aftermarket company I would want him running my stuff.
      1. DLSJ5's Avatar
        DLSJ5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by img Click here to enlarge
        I thought that Drews times/runs were on DR and race gas ??
        You thought wrong. Click here to enlarge But that is okay!! It's hard to keep track of everything. Will you please go and run that GTR, I really want to see this run go down, based on your 60-130 it should be close. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
        There is a bit of a gap in Mike's times, simply by adding intercooling 1-2psi and colder temps he ran an amazing time, look at his old run of 5-6psi and a 100 shot, about the same as my 9psi run, if you look at those, you might scratch your head and say, how the hell did he do that, lol, so I think the questions here are fair, and Mike with his usual level headedness did not get defensive about it.
        Exactly, fair questions and fair points about the conditions. Also, Mike hasn't said anything bad.

        Another thing, Mike isn't even the one taking any offense. Mikewads is a great guy and one of the few ESS guys interested in max performance and pushing the limit, kind of like we are. He also shares all info, good or bad. We are all the same breed here and have no problems with one another.

        I have great respect for him and never had a negative word to say. He deserves all the credit and I'm happy for him and for the platform in general, no need to hate, let's keep pushing it. I don't understand some of these guys.
      1. Mikewads's Avatar
        Mikewads -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Absolutely, I just thought you were already running the VT2 pulley earlier?
        I was running a smaller pulley (5.5 psi) than the one that comes with the VT1-535 kit (4.5 psi). I'm now seeing 7.5 psi w/ the VT2-600... so 2 more pounds of boost.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
        I was running a smaller pulley (5.5 psi) than the one that comes with the VT1-535 kit (4.5 psi). I'm now seeing 7.5 psi w/ the VT2-600... so 2 more pounds of boost.
        Ok, so on the previous runs it was the 5.5 psi pulley and now this is a 7.5 psi pulley?

        What mm are these pulleys as I keep losing track. The 7.5 psi pulley is the default for the VT2-600 right? It has to be run on 93 octane though?
      1. PencilGeek's Avatar
        PencilGeek -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
        I was running a smaller pulley (5.5 psi) than the one that comes with the VT1-535 kit (4.5 psi). I'm now seeing 7.5 psi w/ the VT2-600... so 2 more pounds of boost.
        Do you calibrate the gauge every time you go out? Since I have the same gauge, I'll tell you that I found that I needed to calibrate it every time I went out, otherwise I'd be sitting there at idle and it would say as much as 1.2-1.6 PSI boost.