• Misfires continue to be an issue for the Vishnu Procede even after the V5 update

      This video was sent to us anonymously. The reason for that is Shiv@Vishnu had seen the video and told the owner not to post it and the owner did not for fear of being punished, lack of support, etc. We happened to get this video which shows a V5 automatic misfiring even after the voluntary harness update and several times of cleared adaptations.

      Notice the boost on the fuel gauge which drops to around or below the stock boost level yet the car still misfires. Misfires were also reported at the recent Atco rental by V5 users and other Procede users on BimmerBoost have mentioned issues with misfires as well. This issue is being brought to your attention as tremendous effort has been expended to keep it quiet on other sites. Come to your own conclusion and we hope Vishnu can resolve it.



      This article was originally published in forum thread: Misfires continue to be an issue for the Vishnu Procede even after the V5 update started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 590 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        They might since you marketed it on N54tech or is that part of you consumer awareness campaign?
        You mean posting links on an N54 board regarding an N54 subject is odd to you? Wouldn't N54tech users already be aware of BMS?

        Your point might hold some water if I put it up on e90post, but for now, it is just you reaching.
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You mean posting links on an N54 board regarding an N54 subject is odd to you? Wouldn't N54tech users already be aware of BMS?

        Your point might hold some water if I put it up on e90post, but for now, it is just you reaching.
        So you saying no Procede users use N54tech. Although I use neither tunes I find myself spending more time on N54tech as its a more refined forum or should I say the users are more refined.
        I am actually not against your thread here but the way you do things is in bad taste as you obviously try capitalize on the drama. When someone says he was not threatened you cannot ask them for proof they where not. WTF is up with that?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        So you saying no Procede users use N54tech. Although I use neither tunes I find myself spending more time on N54tech as its a more refined forum or should I say the users are more refined.
        I am actually not against your thread here but the way you do things is in bad taste as you obviously try capitalize on the drama. When someone says he was not threatened you cannot ask them for proof they where not. WTF is up with that?
        No, you said no Procede users use N54tech. I said N54tech users would already be aware of BMS.

        Nothing was done in bad taste, I was as mild as possible in posting this. Why get upset with me when this is Vishnu's problem? Let Vishnu fix it. Other forums should put it up as well but we all know they will not do that. If you think themyst wasn't scared off by something just take a look at his posts and I could post his pm's but I won't.

        I said I believe he was threatened based on his actions and I have recently received other pm's from people where Shiv tells them to keep their issue off the forum. Coincidence? Don't think so. Wish people would stand up and speak out rather than hide and be afraid.
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Interesting, wonder if you are going to get people switching simply because of the misfires with AT's.
        We've been getting a couple per week with the JB3 and with the JB4 expect more. It's not just the misfire problem. We're less prone to shift-boost spikes and smoother under low throttle which is what most automatic customers demand. We also handle the DCTs much better.
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
        We've been getting a couple per week with the JB3 and with the JB4 expect more. It's not just the misfire problem. We're less prone to shift-boost spikes and smoother under low throttle which is what most automatic customers demand. We also handle the DCTs much better.
        Do you think you are more successful in that aspect because you trail whatever the stock boost logic is doing instead of re-writing the whole boost logic and maybe mis-stepping at some point?
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        No, you said no Procede users use N54tech. I said N54tech users would already be aware of BMS.

        Nothing was done in bad taste, I was as mild as possible in posting this. Why get upset with me when this is Vishnu's problem? Let Vishnu fix it. Other forums should put it up as well but we all know they will not do that. If you think themyst wasn't scared off by something just take a look at his posts and I could post his pm's but I won't.

        I said I believe he was threatened based on his actions and I have recently received other pm's from people where Shiv tells them to keep their issue off the forum. Coincidence? Don't think so. Wish people would stand up and speak out rather than hide and be afraid.
        I think you got reading problems.
        I am not upset with you, why should I get upset with some dude that runs a forum that has decided to single out specific tuners for his own benefit.
      1. WOPALX's Avatar
        WOPALX -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
        Sticky you're an idiot...good bye Click here to enlarge
        More factually you should have written "I believe Sticky is an idiot" as you don't have proof. Although he does seam to be trying very hard to prove it's the case.
      1. dzenno@PTF's Avatar
        dzenno@PTF -
        I believe Sticky is an idiot AND he's just scared to admit it as it'd burn bridges with his forum posters
      1. LostMarine's Avatar
        LostMarine -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by R1000K3 Click here to enlarge
        Well, MT's as we both have do not misfires due to the Procede. And it will be a god's gift during next years event's if AT's misfires to stay behind Click here to enlarge

        aahh.. this is making more sense now.. BigTom, you made the switch recently right?Are you AT,and Are you misfiring?
      1. alpinedevil335's Avatar
        alpinedevil335 -
        So it was tune related? Since he's not misfiring anymore. Surprise! Surprise!
      1. Terry@BMS's Avatar
        Terry@BMS -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        Do you think you are more successful in that aspect because you trail whatever the stock boost logic is doing instead of re-writing the whole boost logic and maybe mis-stepping at some point?
        It's one big factor. With our form of control we take everything BMW requests and just opt out of things we don't want vs. isolated where you take nothing from BMW and then opt in to things you want.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
        I think you got reading problems.
        I am not upset with you, why should I get upset with some dude that runs a forum that has decided to single out specific tuners for his own benefit.
        I understand you aren't upset with me, why do you think I'm upset with you? Reading problems, someone has them, but not me. Once again, you were the one who stated something about no Procede users on n54tech, not I.

        Single out specific tuners? I'm sorry other N54 tuners don't have misfire problems. It is what it is, I didn't create the problem for Vishnu so don't say I'm singling them out when this is entirely an issue with their tune. Direct your nonsense toward Shiv.

        I had this giant conspiracy of creating a misfire issue only to promote it, please. You shouldn't be surprised issues are going to get posted. You are the one glued to this thread, if you don't like it, don't post.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno Click here to enlarge
        I believe Sticky is an idiot AND he's just scared to admit it as it'd burn bridges with his forum posters
        You get your feelings hurt? Great post man.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
        So it was tune related? Since he's not misfiring anymore. Surprise! Surprise!
        You can blame that on me if you like.
      1. alpinedevil335's Avatar
        alpinedevil335 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        You can blame that on me if you like.
        If anything he should thank you for not having a misfire problem anymore.
        He would probably still be misfiring if it wasn't for this thread/site
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
        If anything he should thank you for not having a misfire problem anymore.
        He would probably still be misfiring if it wasn't for this thread/site
        No kidding, yet all the whining. Why don't people man up and call Shiv out? Is everyone just accustomed to being a controlled lemming for so long on other sites? OMG, a video shows up proving an issue for everyone to see that has plagued the Procede for some time, world is coming to an end. It isn't a big deal, only 5 people have it Click here to enlarge
      1. alpinedevil335's Avatar
        alpinedevil335 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        No kidding, yet all the whining. Why don't people man up and call Shiv out? Is everyone just accustomed to being a controlled lemming for so long on other sites? OMG, a video shows up proving an issue for everyone to see that has plagued the Procede for some time, world is coming to an end. It isn't a big deal, only 5 people have it Click here to enlarge
        Maybe NOW he will see the bigger picture.
        They don't call out shiv for obvious reasons.
        Only 5 people? Please! Only the noobs over on e90p.o.s believe that BS.
        Why do you think he likes it over there! Because he can't blow the same smoke up people ass here like he does over there.
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        I have a friend who had this issues with his Procede. He found out it was his tune after months of arguing with the dealer thinking it was the Fuel Pump.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alpinedevil335 Click here to enlarge
        Maybe NOW he will see the bigger picture.
        They don't call out shiv for obvious reasons.
        Only 5 people? Please! Only the noobs over on e90p.o.s believe that BS.
        Why do you think he likes it over there! Because he can't blow the same smoke up people ass here like he does over there.
        He likes it because this thread and video would have been gone before anyone even saw it. And people like that?
      1. George Smooth's Avatar
        George Smooth -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Reading problems, someone has them, but not me. Once again, you were the one who stated something about no Procede users on n54tech, not I.
        Read my first sentance and put the emphasis on the word no. Like this "So you saying no Procede users use N54tech." Then add about ten question marks after that, you use to that move.