• 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series Coupe to get M157 5.5-liter turbo

      Ladies and Gentlemen, this is where Mercedes-Benz begins bitch slapping BMW across the performance sphere. While BMW is busy playing around with efficient dynamics Mercedes has just upped the ante confirming with Insideline that they intend to put the twin turbo 5.5 liter M157 twin turbo V8 into the C63 Black Series coupe. Mercedes is not playing around, this car will quite simply annihilate the M3. It is likely the M5 will be its victim as well and anything else in the BMW lineup. Mercedes does not hold back its cars to maintain an artificial hierarchy and with the black series label is producing some of the best performing and most hardcore German performance vehicles in existence. AMG just made a lot of people over at BMW very nervous, well done Mercedes, you have earned our respect and then some.


      This article was originally published in forum thread: 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series Coupe to get 5.5-liter turbo started by FR305 View original post
      Comments 37 Comments
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Testing the Chassis for the COUPE Black Series C63

        Click here to enlarge

        Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        The more I think about it the more ridiculous this is. BMW has nothing to fight back with, literally nothing.

        This thing is going to make everything in the lineup its $#@!.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        If it looks this good, sign me up:

        Click here to enlarge
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        I was speechless when I first read the article. This is going to change the game completely.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        I was speechless when I first read the article. This is going to change the game.
        Mercedes has grown some balls, big balls. BMW lost theirs...
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        $#@! just got REAL. Your move BMW...
        I hate to say it, BMW is $#@!ed.

        Their next move is putting a turbo 6-cylinder in the next M3.... Fail.
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        What is this going to do for the FI kit market? All the euro brands are going FI from factory.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        I hate to say it, BMW is $#@!ed.

        Their next move is putting a turbo 6-cylinder in the next M3.... Fail.
        Truth right here.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        What is this going to do for the FI kit market? All the euro brands are going FI from factory.
        Just going to expand it and make tuning far more prevalent. FI from the factory with turbos is a tuners and enthusiasts dream. We are going to see all kinds of development in this sector, turbo upgrades, etc.
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Just going to expand it and make tuning far more prevalent. FI from the factory with turbos is a tuners and enthusiasts dream. We are going to see all kinds of development in this sector, turbo upgrades, etc.
        Sounds like fun.
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        Sticky it is ok for you to get a Benz now, since you started Benzboost.Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        Sticky it is ok for you to get a Benz now, since you started Benzboost.Click here to enlarge
        With what BMW has been doing lately they have pissed me off beyond belief and pushed me toward Mercedes. Mercedes used to be the company that was soft, now they are the ones taking care of the enthusiast making cars that ANNIHILATE the competition while BMW sits around getting stoned, hugging trees, and talking about MPG.
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        God please make sure the TT kit can fit Directly on to my clk550 5.5 V8 i will behave good!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        God please make sure the TT kit can fit Directly on to my clk550 5.5 V8 i will behave good!
        It won't two completely different motors and setups. Would likely be cheaper and more realistic to just trade the car in...
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        It won't two completely different motors and setups. Would likely be cheaper and more realistic to just trade the car in...
        LIES i do not believe you!
      1. 1cleanAMG's Avatar
        1cleanAMG -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        God please make sure the TT kit can fit Directly on to my clk550 5.5 V8 i will behave good!
        Just sell the CLK and put money for downpayment on the C63 Black Series.
      1. blkclk550's Avatar
        blkclk550 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by FR305 Click here to enlarge
        Just sell the CLK and put money for downpayment on the C63 Black Series.
        Clk black 1st then i will think about anything else.
      1. GT3's Avatar
        GT3 -
        This is really great. I cant wait...
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
        Clk black 1st then i will think about anything else.
        Why, it's a 2008 MY car, the actual DTM cars are based off the C now anyway. Everything about the CLK BS is dated now.

        On a side note, it appears you have your own forum and are promoting it in your sig. Your sponsors include AMS and speedtuning (aka Evotech), and you are here why?

        Searching through your posts I think the reasoning is obvious.
      1. Nrgy's Avatar
        Nrgy -
        Fortunatley that photo is just a bad P'shop, because I think the real deal will look MUCH better. I also hope they don't limit the C63 Black to just the coupe, as I think the 4 door would look amazing.