• Singh Autosport Claiming to be the first to reprogram the E71 X6 M in North America, WTF?

      Singh Autosport is claiming they are the first tuner to program the S63 V8 twin turbo in the X6 M: "We were the first company to program the BMW X6M in North America." This is a completely false claim as OE Tuning has already proven to have tuned the motor months ago and several other tuners have programmed it as well. Singh Autosport is making this claim in December and they do not even have a dyno to back it up, just a picture of a laptop sitting in an X6. It seems not many people read the Singh blog so it has not been an issue but at BimmerBoost we like to keep tuners honest. Singh, please stop making inaccurate claims and let's see a dyno to prove you have actually done something, ok?


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Singh Autosport Claiming to be the first to reprogram the E71 X6 M in North America, WTF? started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 22 Comments
      1. M3_WC's Avatar
        M3_WC -
        I would stay away from Singh Autosport.

        http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...re-of-package/
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        I think everyone and their mom tuned an XM6 over a year ago.
      1. cls355's Avatar
        cls355 -
        I've actually met Jags and a lot of the shops he deals with in the Bay Area and LA. He's a good guy and I think anyone that's actually met him or spoken to him would vouch for him.

        It's cool that OE tuned it a few months ago, but don't get too excited to jump on your non-sponsoring tuners Sticky.
        http://singhautosport.blogspot.com/2...-software.html - X6M-November 09.

        It would actually be a good Idea if you could convince Jags to contribute to this forum.
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge

        It would actually be a good Idea if you could convince Jags to contribute to this forum.
        What exactly do you think he could "contribute"? Not to be rude but he simply flashes files. He doesn't design or fabricate any hardware or actually edit the software himself so I'm really wondering what he has to offer. AFAIK he's not an accredited tech either.

        I would also like to lay claim to the first to tune a XM6 title, March 2009, over 2 dozen actually.
      1. JonMartin's Avatar
        JonMartin -
        This is too funny...
      1. JonMartin's Avatar
        JonMartin -
        The OE tuning tuner tuned the X5M in 2009. I was present Click here to enlarge

      1. fstop7's Avatar
        fstop7 -
        Never even heard of this guy. What is his involvement in the world of "autosport"?

        So many bullshitters, so little time.
      1. cls355's Avatar
        cls355 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fstop7 Click here to enlarge
        Never even heard of this guy. What is his involvement in the world of "autosport"?

        So many bullshitters, so little time.
        They don't get involved in or sponsor forums which is why many times, he is attacked by other tuners (through forums. never face to face) or positive posts made about them are deleted which may be why you've never heard of them. If you live in LA, he is THE tuner for Platinum Motorsport, O'Gara Coach, and Euro Rev, several large dealership groups which I'm not sure I'm allowed to mention just to name a few. He also has many other dealers set up across the country.

        Tuners who sponsor forums to make "sales" are usually the only ones who have anything negative to say about Singh Autosport. He's designed and manufactured pulleys, intakes, tools and software used by very well known and respected tuning companies.

        I personally had my doubts about this company too but I am constantly surprised by how many people and shops I run into who love the Singh tune and his service.
        I had questions and met Jags at his shop when fedex arrived with boxes of ecu's for him to tune from all over the country including new car Dealerships. The GM of the BMW Dealership nearby also happened to be in his shop with his personal M6 getting tuned. Before anyone makes any judgements on this company, you should call him or his dealers before trying to roast him behind his back.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge
        They don't get involved in or sponsor forums which is why many times, he is attacked by other tuners (through forums. never face to face) or positive posts made about them are deleted which may be why you've never heard of them. If you live in LA, he is THE tuner for Platinum Motorsport, O'Gara Coach, and Euro Rev, several large dealership groups which I'm not sure I'm allowed to mention just to name a few. He also has many other dealers set up across the country.

        Tuners who sponsor forums to make "sales" are usually the only ones who have anything negative to say about Singh Autosport. He's designed and manufactured pulleys, intakes, tools and software used by very well known and respected tuning companies.

        I personally had my doubts about this company too but I am constantly surprised by how many people and shops I run into who love the Singh tune and his service.
        I had questions and met Jags at his shop when fedex arrived with boxes of ecu's for him to tune from all over the country including new car Dealerships. The GM of the BMW Dealership nearby also happened to be in his shop with his personal M6 getting tuned. Before anyone makes any judgements on this company, you should call him or his dealers before trying to roast him behind his back.
        You sound like Jags,

        Isn't Singh on Luxury4Play?

        Link me to the bold portion above, especially what software or tools he's developed or written.

        As someone else already said he just flashes ecus. Try talking to him about anything besides tuning results.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge

        It's cool that OE tuned it a few months ago, but don't get too excited to jump on your non-sponsoring tuners Sticky.
        http://singhautosport.blogspot.com/2...-software.html - X6M-November 09.

        It would actually be a good Idea if you could convince Jags to contribute to this forum.
        I'm not sure what your link proves? It shows a picture of an X6 50i next to an X5 M again with no dyno results or proof of any tuning. Why wasn't there a claim about being the first made there in '09 or earlier in '09 for that matter if it was true?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Singh Click here to enlarge
        While other tuner's are still struggling to finish the X6 50i, we finished the 'M' version a while ago.
        They are portraying themselves as being ahead and the "first" yet in reality they are behind a handful of other tuners. Also, there are no actual graphs or results. I don't doubt they do some good things but the blatant false claims are a bit annoying.

        I'm not familiar with Jags but if he has good knowledge to contribute he is welcome like anyone else.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge

        I would also like to lay claim to the first to tune a XM6 title, March 2009, over 2 dozen actually.
        That is well over a year ago, so how can someone make the claim in the December of 2010? Isn't that a bit comical?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge
        They don't get involved in or sponsor forums which is why many times, he is attacked by other tuners (through forums. never face to face) or positive posts made about them are deleted which may be why you've never heard of them. If you live in LA, he is THE tuner for Platinum Motorsport, O'Gara Coach, and Euro Rev, several large dealership groups which I'm not sure I'm allowed to mention just to name a few. He also has many other dealers set up across the country.
        To be honest, we haven't had many posts about Singh. So nothing really to delete and we aren't the deleting type of forum although I don't doubt what you are saying regarding other forums. You seem to know a little bit about them so feel free to share what you know.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge
        Before anyone makes any judgements on this company, you should call him or his dealers before trying to roast him behind his back.
        No one is saying anything negative other than false claims were presented. If Singh is a stand up company, they should post a retraction and portray the correct information to customers.

        Also, some actual results would be great to see.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        I would stay away from Singh Autosport.

        http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...re-of-package/
        Wow... what ended up happening with this?
      1. cls355's Avatar
        cls355 -
        I'm not Jags but I know him and like to keep up on what he's doing with cars. Yes, he should re-do his blog post to say he tuned the X6M back in November 09. Otherwise people who do not look further back into the blog wont see his older post.

        Regarding the first 2009 claim. I think he tuned the car and found out no-one else was doing it or claims to have done it back then. If he's wrong then yes, let him know. The checksums for any tool program that ecu weren't made until September or October of that year so any claims of tuning done before that should be validated. The picture of the laptop in the X6 above was taken while tuning at "Sonic MS". A reputable shop in Mountain View CA that does a lot of tuning with Jags.

        Yes, I don't doubt you probably don't get much if any posts about Singh on this forum. Each tuner here has their place and their own accomplishments so I dont want to come off as a fanboy of Jags but he is doing some impressive things and he never badmouths any other tuner to a customer. I pulled an ecu out of an N55 335 for him to tune. The customer actually texted me last night to tell me how great the car drives. He is a director for a large financial company so I cant imagine him on this or any other forum. I also pulled the ecu out of an X5 Diesel for him to tune for the VP of Jelly Belly candies here in the Bay Area. That person was also ecstatic about how his car now drives. Point is, these accomplishments come and go without a big marketing push. He's happy working, minding his own business while his dealers, returning customers and referrals keep very busy.

        My ASE Certifications should prove that I know at least a little bit about how cars work so trust me, I was probably a bigger skeptic than most anyone about his company.~~~Why don't you base your tuning on a dyno? Why are you able to tune so many different cars? ~~It took a while to wrap my head around it but yes, he does use a dyno. But only a "proper dyno" - Cartec, equipped with the "proper" fan and a room with a controlled environment. Until Americans can grasp the idea of that, it's a pointless conversation. Everyone here wants to base their tuning on dyno's with home depot carpet coolint fans etc. You wont get street performance on most later cars if you base your tune on dyno's only. "Like Jags said. His cars will whip someone and their beloved dyno sheet in first to fifth and in reverse."

        He's been doing things for a long time:
        http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_FVJlhld5tW...+magazines.jpg

        He was a sponsor on Luxury 4 Play. He didnt have time to keep up with the forums so he stopped. If people have questions they can call him directly before making claims about you think he knows or doesn't know, which has been done a couple times on this thread already. Call him. He'll take a phone call anytime but he will not get into a debate on sponsored forums. And I'm sure you all know from the way forums have been run in the past that he is not a bad guy for taking that stance.

        Regarding that news article. There are some false statements made there but no one's been convicted him or anyone of anything regarding that. Its water under the bridge to Jags. Jags is still here doing very well. His background checks must be coming out clear for these large dealer groups to be working with him.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge
        Regarding the first 2009 claim. I think he tuned the car and found out no-one else was doing it or claims to have done it back then. If he's wrong then yes, let him know. The checksums for any tool program that ecu weren't made until September or October of that year so any claims of tuning done before that should be validated. The picture of the laptop in the X6 above was taken while tuning at "Sonic MS". A reputable shop in Mountain View CA that does a lot of tuning with Jags.
        He decided to make this claim in December of 2010 that he was the first? That makes no sense to me. Secondly, there is nothing to substantiate the claim yet again. I can claim I was the first person in North America to tune the X6 M and Singh and I would have provided the same level of proof. MHP has tuned the car, OE Tuning has tuned the car, along with ESS and Active, and I would venture to guess all of these guys did it before Singh since they actually have proved that they did it. No pictures of laptops in cars as justification. Seriously, a picture of a laptop is kind of ridiculous as justification of a tune. Most tuners give you a graph or performance results to back it up, at least the serious ones do.

        His claim is incorrect and since he can't prove it he should retract it. I would be more than happy to see support for it, as thus far there isn't any.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge
        Regarding the first 2009 claim. I think he tuned the car and found out no-one else was doing it or claims to have done it back then. If he's wrong then yes, let him know. The checksums for any tool program that ecu weren't made until September or October of that year so any claims of tuning done before that should be validated. The picture of the laptop in the X6 above was taken while tuning at "Sonic MS". A reputable shop in Mountain View CA that does a lot of tuning with Jags.
        What does a picture of laptop in a car prove exactly? Where are the charts? Where are the results? Where are the customers sharing their experience? Where is anything?

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge
        Yes, I don't doubt you probably don't get much if any posts about Singh on this forum. Each tuner here has their place and their own accomplishments so I dont want to come off as a fanboy of Jags but he is doing some impressive things and he never badmouths any other tuner to a customer. I pulled an ecu out of an N55 335 for him to tune. The customer actually texted me last night to tell me how great the car drives. He is a director for a large financial company so I cant imagine him on this or any other forum. I also pulled the ecu out of an X5 Diesel for him to tune for the VP of Jelly Belly candies here in the Bay Area. That person was also ecstatic about how his car now drives. Point is, these accomplishments come and go without a big marketing push. He's happy working, minding his own business while his dealers, returning customers and referrals keep very busy.
        What impressive things are being done exactly? Sorry to be harsh, but your word does not mean much. What is he doing specifically? What are the dyno numbers? 60-130? Trap speeds? Where are these impressive gains and results? We follow what is going on very closely and haven't seen anything worthy of merit among the top tuners thus far.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge
        My ASE Certifications should prove that I know at least a little bit about how cars work so trust me, I was probably a bigger skeptic than most anyone about his company.~~~Why don't you base your tuning on a dyno? Why are you able to tune so many different cars? ~~It took a while to wrap my head around it but yes, he does use a dyno. But only a "proper dyno" - Cartec, equipped with the "proper" fan and a room with a controlled environment. Until Americans can grasp the idea of that, it's a pointless conversation. Everyone here wants to base their tuning on dyno's with home depot carpet coolint fans etc. You wont get street performance on most later cars if you base your tune on dyno's only. "Like Jags said. His cars will whip someone and their beloved dyno sheet in first to fifth and in reverse."
        I don't think a Cartec dyno is the proper dyno and I rarely see any American tuners using that kind of dyno. If he wants to show some results, let's see them on the strip, forget dyno games. No one here bases results on dyno's only, hence the 60-130 and 1/4 mile tabs at the top. Jags sure talks a lot for someone with no results.

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge
        He was a sponsor on Luxury 4 Play. He didnt have time to keep up with the forums so he stopped. If people have questions they can call him directly before making claims about you think he knows or doesn't know, which has been done a couple times on this thread already. Call him. He'll take a phone call anytime but he will not get into a debate on sponsored forums. And I'm sure you all know from the way forums have been run in the past that he is not a bad guy for taking that stance.
        I'm not going to waste my time calling him, the burden of proof is on him. If he wants to make claims he needs to back them up, simple as that. It isn't my duty or anyone else's to go calling him to help him out, he needs to back up his claims. Until then, he is just a tuner who talks a lot with no substance. The other tuners posting here have results and are able to back up their claims. You seem to be putting this guy on a bit of a pedestal that he certainly does not deserve to be on. At least not in the BMW or Mercedes performance world, because all the major players don't use him.

        By the way, I certainly would like for him to live up to how you are portraying him and have nothing against the guy but come on, let's base it on something concrete.
      1. Barfly's Avatar
        Barfly -
        Just say no to the vindaloo
      1. MHP LLC's Avatar
        MHP LLC -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge
        I'm not Jags but I know him and like to keep up on what he's doing with cars. Yes, he should re-do his blog post to say he tuned the X6M back in November 09. Otherwise people who do not look further back into the blog wont see his older post.

        Regarding the first 2009 claim. I think he tuned the car and found out no-one else was doing it or claims to have done it back then. If he's wrong then yes, let him know. The checksums for any tool program that ecu weren't made until September or October of that year so any claims of tuning done before that should be validated. The picture of the laptop in the X6 above was taken while tuning at "Sonic MS". A reputable shop in Mountain View CA that does a lot of tuning with Jags.
        I call BS on the checksums not being made available until sept or oct, that is a flat out lie. We were logging onto the site and having checksums calculated in March 2009. Fact. Also sorry but an ASE cert tech (no proof of that either) wouldn't have a clue about when checksums are available. Hey Jags.

        Yes, I don't doubt you probably don't get much if any posts about Singh on this forum. Each tuner here has their place and their own accomplishments so I dont want to come off as a fanboy of Jags but he is doing some impressive things and he never badmouths any other tuner to a customer. I pulled an ecu out of an N55 335 for him to tune. The customer actually texted me last night to tell me how great the car drives. He is a director for a large financial company so I cant imagine him on this or any other forum. I also pulled the ecu out of an X5 Diesel for him to tune for the VP of Jelly Belly candies here in the Bay Area. That person was also ecstatic about how his car now drives. Point is, these accomplishments come and go without a big marketing push. He's happy working, minding his own business while his dealers, returning customers and referrals keep very busy.
        LOL Click here to enlarge
        My ASE Certifications should prove that I know at least a little bit about how cars work so trust me, I was probably a bigger skeptic than most anyone about his company.~~~Why don't you base your tuning on a dyno? Why are you able to tune so many different cars? ~~It took a while to wrap my head around it but yes, he does use a dyno. But only a "proper dyno" - Cartec, equipped with the "proper" fan and a room with a controlled environment. Until Americans can grasp the idea of that, it's a pointless conversation. Everyone here wants to base their tuning on dyno's with home depot carpet coolint fans etc. You wont get street performance on most later cars if you base your tune on dyno's only. "Like Jags said. His cars will whip someone and their beloved dyno sheet in first to fifth and in reverse."
        I asked for proof of your claims about Jags, no one asked about your credentials. So where are these tools and software he developed? LOL.

        Apparently Jags also knows how to copy and paste regarding a Cartec and fans, hilarious.

        He was a sponsor on Luxury 4 Play. He didnt have time to keep up with the forums so he stopped. If people have questions they can call him directly before making claims about you think he knows or doesn't know, which has been done a couple times on this thread already. Call him. He'll take a phone call anytime but he will not get into a debate on sponsored forums. And I'm sure you all know from the way forums have been run in the past that he is not a bad guy for taking that stance.
        ...or the forum wasn't generating him any business so he stopped, which I think is more accurate.

        Regarding that news article. There are some false statements made there but no one's been convicted him or anyone of anything regarding that. Its water under the bridge to Jags. Jags is still here doing very well. His background checks must be coming out clear for these large dealer groups to be working with him.
        Dealers don't do background checks, we work with several large groups as well including Crown, Germain, MAG, Sydney Porsche, etc. What statements from the link are you alleging to be false? Seemed like a factual report and I saw no retraction anywhere, if Jags was innocent of the claims I would think he'd do more than sit by...
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        LOL..ive met more techs that were 'ASE' certified, and couldnt diagnose a simple problem because they couldnt think outside the box.

        What ive learned in this industry is that 'certified' means bull$#@!. Its all about how much experience you have.
      1. BigM62's Avatar
        BigM62 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        I would stay away from Singh Autosport.

        http://www.commercialappeal.com/news...re-of-package/
        LOL. The guy insures 2 Sony speakers for $400 but declares them for $280!
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
        LOL. The guy insures 2 Sony speakers for $400 but declares them for $280!
        Something shady went down, I wonder what happened with all that?