Close

    • A brief history and collection of BMW window stickers

      This is from our friends at BMWblog who put together a small collection of BMW window stickers over the years. What some of you will no doubt find interesting is the fuel efficiency for the modern M motors vs. the old motors. It isn't hard to see why BMW caved in especially when you look at the M6 window sticker. The rise in cost is another interesting aspect. The stickers show a nice trip through BMW history.




















































      This article was originally published in forum thread: A brief history and collection of BMW window stickers started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 12 Comments
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        1983 M6 gets 10-19 mpg and suddenly my 2008 M6 get's less than that,what the hell?
        my trip computer barely shows two digits , i usually get 13mpg
        25 years of progress and 1.5mpg less ? and 25 years ago BMW didn't yell about Efficent-Dynamics or something like that.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
        1983 M6 gets 10-19 mpg and suddenly my 2008 M6 get's less than that,what the hell?
        my trip computer barely shows two digits , i usually get 13mpg
        25 years of progress and 1.5mpg less ? and 25 years ago BMW didn't yell about Efficent-Dynamics or something like that.
        Well, your motor is much larger and revs much higher. It also puts out a ton more power at all RPM, that takes fuel.

        This is why the awesome NA era has ended Click here to enlarge
      1. e92's Avatar
        e92 -
        I like threads like this. We need some more nostalgia around here.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
        I like threads like this. We need some more nostalgia around here.
        Yes we do, we need a lot more focus on older BMW's.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        Well, your motor is much larger and revs much higher. It also puts out a ton more power at all RPM, that takes fuel.

        This is why the awesome NA era has ended Click here to enlarge
        Yes but it's 25 years.
        Look at these , in just 20 years this
        Attachment 3803
        turned to that
        Attachment 3804
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
        Yes but it's 25 years.
        Look at these , in just 20 years this
        Attachment 3803
        turned to that
        Attachment 3804
        I have no idea what this has to do with fuel efficiency but I am glad you posted it.
      1. e92's Avatar
        e92 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
        I have no idea what this has to do with fuel efficiency but I am glad you posted it.
        You meant this before you scrolled down?
      1. Itsbrokeagain's Avatar
        Itsbrokeagain -
        I should put mine up to add to the list.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
        You meant this before you scrolled down?
        Not sure what you mean?
      1. e92's Avatar
        e92 -
        I meant you were looking at the little kid.

        she's hot in the before pic too. Click here to enlarge
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by e92 Click here to enlarge
        she's hot in the before pic too.
        I forgot how your mind works, lol.
      1. pauldustin10's Avatar
        pauldustin10 -
        Hey good collection... Nice to know all the things...