Close

    • Stock C6 Z06 vs. ESS (esstuning) VT2-600 supercharged DCT E90 M3

      Here we have a bone stock C6 Z06 vs. a VT2-600 supercharged DCT M3. The M3 gets crushed pretty decisively. Even in the run where the Z06 let off and then got back on it, it clearly shows the power disparity between the two as the Z06 is able to creep back up. So why this result when a DCT Gintani supercharged M3 is able to walk a stock Z06?

      Well, a couple things. The M3 has 3.62 gears. I personally switched back to the stock gears after running 3.62's as they slowed me down up top. Additionally, this clearly shows, yet again, that the Gintani Stage 2 setup is simply much stronger. We respect the M3 owner for going out there and running and we thank the Z06 owner for putting the video up showing how it "really" is in the real world. In the future, the ESS M3 owner should switch back to the stock gears and get meth, unless he enjoys losing to stock cars.


      Here is Drew's Gintani Stage 2+ DCT M3 running stock Z06's:


      This article was originally published in forum thread: Stock C6 Z06 vs. ESS (esstuning) VT2-600 supercharged DCT E90 M3 started by Sticky View original post
      Comments 209 Comments
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
        I think a lot of the banter does come from some of the ESS camp claiming better efficiency.

        PG being the leader of that argument, comparing dynos.

        I think this video and many soon after will crush that argument. An ESS with 5.5lbs and Gintani with 5.5lbs will be neck and neck in a heads up battle.

        I think it is no secret Drew's car really moves, he has proven racing many quick cars.
        This is how I feel as well and I hope this does close that ridiculous argument.
      1. Sorena's Avatar
        Sorena -
        this $#@! is expanding like virus , why this embrassing thread can be found on every board?
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
        this $#@! is expanding like virus , why this embrassing thread can be found on every board?
        It's a good thing, people need to see it.

        I'm just shocked so many are surprised.
      1. M33's Avatar
        M33 -
        Sticky it sounds like you have a hard on for ESS , when comparing both drews and larry's cars against a stock z06 you seem to ignore the fact that they are at different power levels ...
        And I think you make yourself look like a clown ( which is entertaining Click here to enlarge )
        Larry at 6psi didn't do bad at all considering wheel spin in fact in one of the runs where the z06 has wheel spin Larry stuck him real good !!
        Now when you bring drews car at 9.5 lbs his result wasn't that impressive considering he has Meth and 2 to 3 more lbs of boost , so what's your point ?????
        I personally think equally boosted M's the ESS kit is faster .....

        We have a friend who has a Z06 looks like I'll get some runs in also , let's she how mine tally's up ....
      1. M33's Avatar
        M33 -
        It's funny how drews car wasn't there .... Nor the sidekicks car .....
        And I'll be the first to call BS on that Z06 being stock , but well find out once I run a local one .
      1. 600whp S4's Avatar
        600whp S4 -
        all in all its sad to see a boosted v8 loose to a stock v8.
      1. DLSJ5's Avatar
        DLSJ5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        Sticky it sounds like you have a hard on for ESS , when comparing both drews and larry's cars against a stock z06 you seem to ignore the fact that they are at different power levels ...
        And I think you make yourself look like a clown ( which is entertaining Click here to enlarge )
        Larry at 6psi didn't do bad at all considering wheel spin in fact in one of the runs where the z06 has wheel spin Larry stuck him real good !!
        Now when you bring drews car at 9.5 lbs his result wasn't that impressive considering he has Meth and 2 to 3 more lbs of boost , so what's your point ?????
        I personally think equally boosted M's the ESS kit is faster .....

        We have a friend who has a Z06 looks like I'll get some runs in also , let's she how mine tally's up ....
        It's unfortunate this turned into a kit vs. kit thing, but I think what Sticky is pointing out is, this vid may shed some light on this assertion that an ESS kit running less boost can run with a Gintani kit running more boost, and furthermore that boost being equal, it's probably a wash. Despite what you think of him or his approach here, he's being very objective in that case, and I would say accurate based on what we've seen, but there's always a car here or there that excels and those that just don't at times.

        You are certainly entitled to your opinion but if you expect other people to be objective then you should be as well. FWIW you are the first and only enthusiast who was not impressed with my runs against the Z06's. 9psi requires Meth, or do you think otherwise? The two Z06's I ran are even in head to head runs, cleary I pulled away when traction was not an issue, and still caught up when it was.

        Do you know much about Z06's, with a good driver behind the wheel? They can run in the 7's 60-130 and trap as high as 129MPH, stock. Remember the 700whp GT500 you ran? Do remember the outcome?

        Well here is a stock Z06 against a 770whp GT500.



        How impressed are you now with stock C6 Z06's?

        Let's look at Mike and my results Vbox wise,

        Drew 7-8psi 7.3 60-130
        Drew 8-9psi 7.0 60-130
        Mike 7.5psi 7.5 60-130

        I would say that shows both kits perform, and are probably very close in head to head runs, boost levels being equal. I'm sure you would get different results with different cars, this is based on my experience.
      1. DLSJ5's Avatar
        DLSJ5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        It's funny how drews car wasn't there .... Nor the sidekicks car .....
        And I'll be the first to call BS on that Z06 being stock , but well find out once I run a local one .
        Who is my sidekick? My car has been out there a lot, plenty of vids, if you haven't seen them I would be happy to post them up, or you can do a search. FWIW my car is getting some work done, but it killed me that Larry and I were finally able to meet up, but I didn't have my car, I have wanted to run him and other ESS cars since I got the kit.

        The Z06 is stock, just like the blue one in my vid, your results will not change that fact.
      1. MSpiredM3's Avatar
        MSpiredM3 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        It's funny how drews car wasn't there .... Nor the sidekicks car .....
        And I'll be the first to call BS on that Z06 being stock , but well find out once I run a local one .
        You are by far the most annoying person online. I'll bet you are just as annoying in person.

        That ZO6 is stock, deal with it.

        You got beat by a freakin stage 1 GTR and you are here talking smack?
      1. M33's Avatar
        M33 -
        We'll see if my results will change facts .... Like you said certain cars can run better than others in different days/places ...

        And your video of the stang vs the vette doesn't tickle me , stang ran through 1 gear and was leaving the vette then it looks like he had to let off .
        I ran the stang from 2nd 3rd 4th &5th he put 3 Cars on me ( tall race playa )

        What profession are you in ? I love your sneakiness .... Twisty's much ...
      1. M33's Avatar
        M33 -
        Maybe I'll have the luxury of meeting you some day in person at one of these bimmer events and you'll be able to see if I'm as annoying in person as I am online Mr Gayspired
      1. DLSJ5's Avatar
        DLSJ5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        We'll see if my results will change facts .... Like you said certain cars can run better than others in different days/places ...

        And your video of the stang vs the vette doesn't tickle me , stang ran through 1 gear and was leaving the vette then it looks like he had to let off .
        I ran the stang from 2nd 3rd 4th &5th he put 3 Cars on me ( tall race playa )

        What profession are you in ? I love your sneakiness .... Twisty's much ...
        LMAO, you act as if what kit you run should prevent you from trying to be objective. Your results will change the facts? How so?

        Listen I'm not going to do the 3rd grade act here with name calling either. I thought you were passed this Bro? Any chance we can be civil and talk like mature adults?

        The GT500 vs. Z06 vid that I posted starts AFTER their run started, and it lasts a good 10 seconds from there, that's not long enough? No doubt the GT500 is faster in the end or had they kept going, but not by much, my point was it appears only you are in the dark about how fast those cars can be?

        And your runs with the GT500 are more than 3 cars!

        This race lasts 9 seconds before the GT500 lets off, and he is much more than 3 cars ahead.



        This one at 10 seconds you are more than 3 cars behind, you may have let off before the GT500 did, but my point is the GT500 vs. Z06 vid was plenty long enough to get my point across that a Stock Z06 if driven right is a monster.

      1. M33's Avatar
        M33 -
        Drew why didn't you bring your car ? What's wrong with it ?
      1. DLSJ5's Avatar
        DLSJ5 -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        Drew why didn't you bring your car ? What's wrong with it ?
        What's wrong with yours? I heard it had issues? Why did you get a new one? Why did you sell your old kit? Click here to enlarge

        It's getting some work done.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        Sticky it sounds like you have a hard on for ESS , when comparing both drews and larry's cars against a stock z06 you seem to ignore the fact that they are at different power levels ...
        And I think you make yourself look like a clown ( which is entertaining Click here to enlarge )
        Larry at 6psi didn't do bad at all considering wheel spin in fact in one of the runs where the z06 has wheel spin Larry stuck him real good !!
        Now when you bring drews car at 9.5 lbs his result wasn't that impressive considering he has Meth and 2 to 3 more lbs of boost , so what's your point ?????
        I personally think equally boosted M's the ESS kit is faster .....

        We have a friend who has a Z06 looks like I'll get some runs in also , let's she how mine tally's up ....
        Ignoring they are at different power levels? The entire point is that they are at significant different power levels. Why you don't understand this I don't know.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
        It's unfortunate this turned into a kit vs. kit thing, but I think what Sticky is pointing out is, this vid may shed some light on this assertion that an ESS kit running less boost can run with a Gintani kit running more boost, and furthermore that boost being equal, it's probably a wash. Despite what you think of him or his approach here, he's being very objective in that case, and I would say accurate based on what we've seen, but there's always a car here or there that excels and those that just don't at times.
        This guy doesn't get it, him and Biglare think it is some attack on ESS when it is in fact pointing out the obvious discrepancy in the claims that have been propagated.

        Now all of a sudden people are saying of course the Gintani Stqge 2 is faster? Up to a week ago they weren't.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        It's funny how drews car wasn't there .... Nor the sidekicks car .....
        And I'll be the first to call BS on that Z06 being stock , but well find out once I run a local one .
        The car has modified mufflers but is basically stock, deal with it. Didn't this same car run Drew?

        Oh, like you are going to fair better. Aren't you already running a higher boost pulley anyway? Let's see you get out to the track and put up some slips.

        I remember reading all your propaganda on M3post, funny that everything I challenged has been proven true and all you have to say is, "BS on it being stock."
      1. DLSJ5's Avatar
        DLSJ5 -
        I trapped 131, Sticky trapped 130, and Mike trapped 131 on boost and nitrous, I know Mike can do better, I think I can too, with a built motor we'll see where Sticky and tightie can take it.

        In case some don't realize how fast they can be, here's a bone stock Z06 on DR's, a 10.7 at 129MPH.

      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        Maybe I'll have the luxury of meeting you some day in person at one of these bimmer events and you'll be able to see if I'm as annoying in person as I am online Mr Gayspired
        Where the hell do you get off insulting our members when you have been probably the most retarded ESS proponent in existence. The kit did what it did, why is this so hard for you to swallow? You swallow everything Roman gives you without thinking for yourself.

        Aren't your 60-130 times pretty damn slow as well? Don't insult Mspired, I don't know where the hell you get off doing that considering he knows far more about this than you do and is yet another person who has a car that actually makes the power he is claiming.
      1. Sticky's Avatar
        Sticky -
        Just some background info for you guys, M33 thinks these cars are much faster than they are. He is a guy who has been riding Roman's sack from the beginning without knowing what the hell he was talking about and hating on everyone not running ESS, like Eugene for example:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        ESS even Claim the most conservative number on a Dyno

        I've own alot of fast cars and this thing is putting down well over 500+ whp
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        These kits were always fast from day one just needed a Vbox to confirm , and to Eugene I hit 8's all Day long that day I ran the 8.3 and that was with 2 shifts ... ESS was always underestimated
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        BMW should have a ESS option when selling the car
        Regarding Eugene's motor:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        holly$#@! again? Again ?? How many times did his motor blow ?? Yikes
        Regarding his buddy img with the ESS kit running a Gintani car:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        That gintani car is going to get a Click here to enlarge
        Claims he has run faster than 8.3 60-130 but a "fluke" made him lose the file, BS:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        I hit a even better number than the 8.3 but on that specific run the vbox unplugged from the cig lighter and it only saved as a text file so I won't disclose until I clock that time again
        Always jumping in with something negative when Gintani shows superior performance numbers:

        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        so why does gintani disable the SES anyway ??? i dont know about you guys but it would bug the $#@! out of me if something was disabled on my car !!!!
        Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M33 Click here to enlarge
        I say this from a design point of view , if you are comparing Gintani manifold to ESS manifold you are straight up buggen .

        Nicest manifolds are
        1) ESS
        2) Gpower
        3) AA

        And their is video of ESS m3 outrunning a gpower m3
        He has no clue what he is talking about.